[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Pivot (al) Moments  (Read 30698 times)

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
Re: Pivot (al) Moments
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »
There is one high level player and a bunch of role players. The remaining guys are not high level D1 players and the coach does not have the game to coach them up.
This is Wojo’s program and at some point he has to be evaluated on overall team success. I do not see a great of progress in the state of the program.

+1 on the evaluation part.

I think there's more talent on this team than we have seen so far.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:00:19 PM by f/k/a humanlung »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2019, 03:00:03 PM »
As pointed out, last year we beat the Badgers and lost to Indiana in an embarrassment.  This year we beat Purdue and lost to the Badgers in an embarrassment. We need to win the next game and then win the  holiday tournament .

Greg is making progress getting healthy. Love how that kid competes .  We need him.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »
1.   Dragging your feet will always be a travel.    All 7 times in the first half.   
2.  Poor defensive rebounding.
3.   Poor shooting.
4.   Letting the glue guy tie you into Pritzl's on the floor.   He was tougher than our guards today. 
5.   It looked like Markus was playing to not be accused of being selfish.    He also drove like he wanted the contact call.   It is in Madison.   That call isn't coming that often.   Kept waiting for video game mode.   Didn't happen.   
6.   Sacar, Ed, Brendan.    The team needs more.   I will call it a bad day, because I don't believe in throwing anybody under the bus in November.    But it wasn't good today. 
7.   GE is only going to get better.   I am starting to believe he actually would have started last year.    It sure seems like his return has helped Jamal regain some confidence.
8.   If Theo can't guard Ruevers in space, I don't know how he is going to be part of the two big line up.    Ed, Jayce, or Theo are going to have to be able to guard in space. 
9.  Koby is the second option.    Need a third.   
10. First road game of the year.    Sucks losing to Wisconsin.   
11.   Walking away from scoop now for the rest of the day.     Maybe some Hallmark Christmas movies.    Or maybe a nice working structure f
13. Piss poor coaching.

You’re such a miserable turd.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2019, 03:17:00 PM »
How does Wisky use ball movement to get guys wide open and we don't seem to be able to do the same?
Simple, coaching.

I'm not giving up on the season or trying to be Wojo hater but that is the answer to your question.

The failure to feed the post was embarrassing. I think MU had a good advantage down low and failed to exploit it.

I feel there is enough evidence in the past 5+ years to declare Wojo a good coach.  I know we all wish he'd be very good or great, but sometimes "you are what your record says you are".
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:27:00 PM by WhiteTrash »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »
Bailey has had the unique opportunity to seize and maintain a starting forward position.  He was not very good for the first 80% of the games last year, but sort of came on at season's end.  This year so far has been a disaster.  He has 3 total points in 3 games and has made one basket.  Hope Wojo discussing with Dawson Garcia and showing him, this position is all yours next year, especially with Anim leaving.

The frontline of Bailey, Theo and Anim had a total of five points today, going 1 for 11.  Combine that with an off day from Markus, going 0 for 11 in second half.  1 for 22.  Ugly and not many wins will occur if production like that continues.
Bailey should get 10-15 minutes of sub time per game. That is on Wojo, as is the last 5 years.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »
Been to a couple games at the Kohl Center, this was obviously the worst in awhile. Couple observations.

1. What is this team’s identity? Is it ball dominant Markus like today and Loyola Maryland or is it a balanced approach like Purdue? I ask this genuinely because I don’t know and I’m not sure Wojo does either.

2. Jamal and Greg need to play more. Brendan needs to play less, a lot less until things start to slow down for him. Sacar will be fine.

3. This team is a poor rebounding team and it comes from our bigs. The three centers had 4 rebounds in 39 minutes. That’s not acceptable. Say what you want, but Sam covered a lot of warts on the boards last year. Gotta be better there if we’re gonna realize this teams potential.

I’m still optimistic about this team and think they can compete at the highest level in the Big East.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »
There is one high level player and a bunch of role players. The remaining guys are not high level D1 players and the coach does not have the game to coach them up.
This is Wojo’s program and at some point he has to be evaluated on overall team success. I do not see a great of progress in the state of the program.
But wit, Goose.....where is that huge upward trajectory that many on this board claimed?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2019, 03:29:59 PM »
The fan base has been used to mediocre for a while now.

I am hoping this game is an aberration, but i am afraid this is what we have this year. Pretty much embarrassed today by an average at best Wisconsin team.
Losin to Wisconsin at any time is a disgrace and unacceptable. Wojo is lost.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
It was a bad game offensively.   Second half, we played poorly on both ends.  We need others to step up to score.  Liked what we saw from Jamal and Greg on both ends.  Will get better.   Koby solid again.  Jayce just learning. Was surprised to see him.  When Brendan steps up on offense, will be big for team.    Symir is a wild card - if he can play like a good freshman, will be a big plus.   

One game.  Hate to lose to them, but time to move on. 

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »
Bailey just can’t seem to figure it out.  He’s painful to watch.  Sucks you in with size and athleticism but just disappoints.  That dunk/layup was just sad.  Feel bad for him.   It a good shooting team outside of Markus so boys need to D up.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »
An awful slow start by BB this year. I know he progressed during the season last year, and the same may happen this year, but for now, the Detroit boys need more run.
We've gone through years being undersized. Now we have a taller team than in recent memory and yet, the offense doesn't run through them at all and they allow too many offensive rebounds.
Is this personnel or system? Wisconsin blocked out way better than we did.  Obviously with a talent like Markus you think outside for offense, but I think we need more from inside.
How does Wisky use ball movement to get guys wide open and we don't seem to be able to do the same? The season is young, there is work to be done. Davidson is no gimmee. Let's learn from this debacle and get ready for the BE.
Yeah, Bailey progressed last year just as the team did.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2019, 03:32:25 PM »

Why didn’t you post after the Purdue game?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »

We missed you around here willie.

Good God you’re annoying.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2019, 03:34:19 PM »
I really like what Greg brings to the table. Will be exciting to watch him develop. Jamal is doing some nice things.

For whatever reason, the Badgers had us playing too fast and out of control. The constant travels killed us. We’d get to the lane and be stuck.

Hoping Sacar can get the stroke back on that midrange shot. That was a bit of a weapon last year when the offense would slow down.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
You’re such a miserable turd.
And you sir have a high intellect as evidenced by your constant name calling. Speaking of miserable, your intellect reeks of it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »
And you sir have a high intellect as evidenced by your constant name calling. Speaking of miserable, your intellect reeks of it.

You only show up to bitch. Calling you a miserable turd is polite. Who hurt you?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:50 PM »
We missed you around here willie.

Good God you’re annoying.
So are your posts and God has nothing to do with it.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »
Why didn’t you post after the Purdue game?

I had that covered for him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
I had that covered for him.

At least you make coherent arguments without the same old complaining and constant negativity
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pops Sims

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2019, 03:41:11 PM »

Think this will be one of the worse games we play all season and one of the best the Badgers get. Reuvers was kept in check most of the game and all 6 of the other players had good shooting games at the same time. Don't think that will happen for them most of the time.

UW fan here. I wasn't sure what to expect from either team because it is early in the season. UW will go as far as King and Ford take them. Offensively, without Happ, they should be better. Whether this is "the best the Badgers get" we'll see.

I attended the game with a HS bball coach who said MU had guys open down low throughout the game and didn't take advantage. Your team would be better with some inside scoring. Time will tell whether they develop that.

UW will get better inside with Potter, especially v. B1G opponents. I like UW's upside. You'll have to live with Wojo and whatever he's teaching at least for the remainder of this season. Developing an inside scorer would help your team immeasurably.   

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2019, 03:43:15 PM »
UW fan here. I wasn't sure what to expect from either team because it is early in the season. UW will go as far as King and Ford take them. Offensively, without Happ, they should be better. Whether this is "the best the Badgers get" we'll see.

I attended the game with a HS bball coach who said MU had guys open down low throughout the game and didn't take advantage. Your team would be better with some inside scoring. Time will tell whether they develop that.

UW will get better inside with Potter, especially v. B1G opponents. I like UW's upside. You'll have to live with Wojo and whatever he's teaching at least for the remainder of this season. Developing an inside scorer would help your team immeasurably.   

Micah Potter is a 3-star stiff the media has turned into Lebron

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2019, 03:55:23 PM »
So what’s up with symir not playing?

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »
At least you make coherent arguments without the same old complaining and constant negativity

Thank you.  I appreciate that.

Can I copy and paste your comment on the other thread that I started?   I need it there...  :)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2019, 04:03:16 PM »
I’m belaboring other points here, but without Sam Hauser on the team, everyone offensively outside Howard has to slide up a spot as an option. Adding McEwen obviously helps, but the looks Anim got last year were in part to other teams accounting for Howard and both Hauser’s on the outside. It’s hard to replace Sam Hauser’s shooting, and the Hope was collectively between Anim, Bailey, Elliott, Cain you’d get decent progression to make up some of that difference. Quite frankly if those 4 guys don’t produce, MU is toast this year. This isn’t trying to be another “I miss the Hauser’s” post, but the reality is their offensive usage needs to be made up somehow, and today it wasn’t happening.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
What I can’t understand for the life of me is how people on this board refuse to acknowledge where this program has gone under Wojo.  We have massively underachieved and it should be noted and it’s ok to talk about.   It’s simply not ok for this to be the situation in year 6.  Markus is a fine young man and represents the university well.  He has a chance to surpass Troy Bell as the BE all time leading scorer.  However, there is a very real chance that he leaves MU with zero tourney wins.  That just isn’t ok.  And it shouldn’t be ok to anyone else on this board.