'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by mugrad_89
[Today at 04:13:05 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 04:10:59 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 04:09:09 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Zog from Margo
[Today at 03:48:28 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brand new season, same old Wojo.  (Read 71873 times)

fjm

• All American
Re: Brand new season, same old Wojo.
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
SOSDD.  Sorry to say.

And I know it's the first half but it's the same deficiencies we've endured for years now.

Get this weak sauce outta here you Purdue fan.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »
I posted after one half because I see the exact same deficiencies that have existed for YEARS.  That is very frustrating.

Years? Years ago I remember a team that could scorch the nets but was literally one of the three worst defenses in Division 1.

This season I see an elite defense and team that if it struggles anywhere is on offense.

What have you been watching?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 10:59:38 PM »
TL;DR.

I was too busy celebrating the win.
Have some patience, FFS.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 11:00:46 PM »
I will be the first one to admit I am wrong if what we see over the course of the season is consistent with what happened in the second half tonight.

I will be happy to do it as I will have been proven wrong about Wojo and that will mean we had a great year.

I have said this all along.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2019, 11:02:01 PM »
TL;DR.

I was too busy celebrating the win.

Cheers.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2019, 11:09:16 PM »
What you saw tonight was a gritty team effort that resulted in a huge comeback victory against a quality opponent.
And Wojo outcoaching the reigning NABC and Big 10 coach of the year.
The fact that you're continuing to whine makes you look so much dumber than your initial post, which at least can be somewhat excused by some heat-of-the-moment frustration.

Perfectly stated.

Another pathetic "fan."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2019, 11:11:47 PM »
Expect a contract extension soon, aina?

Doc, you were quick to jump and reply to this.  What, no praise for the team after this game?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2019, 11:12:32 PM »
Agreed. What an idiotic thread.

Not at all. It was nice of him to create one single thread to ID people to ignore. Also convenient place to explain to newcomers what scoop is in a nutshell..

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »
Expect a contract extension soon, aina?

If he lands Dawson then hell yeah.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2019, 11:15:22 PM »
Doc, you were quick to jump and reply to this.  What, no praise for the team after this game?

That's not his M.O.

Doc likes to get the "victory" cigar ready -- which in his case means get ready to celebrate Wojo losing a game, missing a recruit, etc.

He doesn't like to be even remotely supportive, even when we were 23-4 last season, even after a great comeback win like this, even after signing two outstanding recruits.

Because, you know, Wojo ain't Al.

But hey, at least I'll give him some credit. After cheerleading the asinine OP, Doc vamoosed after it was obvious the OP had embarrassed himself.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2019, 11:15:55 PM »
If he lands Dawson then hell yeah.

#donedeal
Source: Underboard, Meatheads

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2019, 11:16:25 PM »

I thought praise or admitting you’re wrong  here is a TOS violation.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2019, 11:16:46 PM »
Hahaha you f’in trolls jumped the gun on this one.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »
At least Lung stayed and owned his comments.  And 4ever has, at times, been up front about his feelings on Wojo.

A lot of other posters on page 1 of this thread are now MIA.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2019, 11:25:59 PM »
Brand new season, same old scoop.
Holy crap...is this true.
Made the mistake of the gameday thread to see if Sacar was concussed...
Haha....I read that the team should be embarrassed because a 5 star recruit maybe watching.
Purdue is in Indiana, right?

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »
Helluva comeback!   Still, Porky shares many of Humanlung’s concerns.  Great teams don’t allow themselves to get down by 18 points in the first half on their home court, and the fact that they allowed themselves to get in that situation in the first place is a big Asterix next to this W as far as Porky is concerned.

Hopefully they just had The first big game jitters.  Wojo said as much in his post game interview with Homer.  He said no disrespect to Loyola but a team like Purdue is on a completely different level and they, having played Texas already had been through a game like that this year already whereas we hadn’t and it took us a half to get acclimated to that level of play.   

Does anyone know why the live stream of the radio broadcast was blacked out on the ESPN app? It never was in previous years and Porky being an East coaster, had to download some tune in radio app that costs 10 bucks a month to listen to the post game interview with Wojo.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2019, 11:41:43 PM »
Does anyone know why the live stream of the radio broadcast was blacked out on the ESPN app? It never was in previous years and Porky being an East coaster, had to download some tune in radio app that costs 10 bucks a month to listen to the post game interview with Wojo.

Tune In is free - they have a premium option (which is likely the $10/mo), but I don't think you need that to hear the MU games.  Make sure to cancel that. It seems like ESPN stream online hasn't been working well - maybe I missed that contract change....

Anyhow, here's the free Tune In station...
https://tunein.com/radio/Marquette-Basketball-s254041/

Great teams don’t allow themselves to get down by 18 points in the first half on their home court, and the fact that they allowed themselves to get in that situation in the first place is a big Asterix next to this W as far as Porky is concerned.

Well - early season it's hard to figure out how great a team is going to be.  FFS, Kentucky was just embarrassed last night - by Kenpom #169 team (before the win).  Even after Purdue going 1-2, Ken still has them the #9 team (above MU's #13), so I'd expect them to pick it up this year.  MU may still be great this year - no asterisk from me in a win - one that involved a GREAT comeback.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:46:35 PM by rocky_warrior »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2019, 11:43:46 PM »
An extremely positive Rocky? What’s going on tonight?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2019, 11:49:39 PM »
An extremely positive Rocky? What’s going on tonight?

Do you have me confused with hilltopper during one of his low arbys sugar episodes?  I think I'm usually positive and optimistic.  Though I rarely post about hoops, lol.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »
Do you have me confused with hilltopper during one of his low arbys sugar episodes?  I think I'm usually positive and optimistic.  Though I rarely post about hoops, lol.

Maybe it was Topper who went on a couple tirades last season.

Self imposed 5 beef and cheddars to the communal fund for my error.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2019, 11:53:36 PM »
Well - early season it's hard to figure out how great a team is going to be.  FFS, Kentucky was just embarrassed last night - by Kenpom #169 team (before the win).  Even after Purdue going 1-2, Ken still has them the #9 team (above MU's #13), so I'd expect them to pick it up this year.  MU may still be great this year - no asterisk from me in a win - one that involved a GREAT comeback.

This.

Great teams lose sometimes, and sometimes they even lose big.

Al's championship team was humiliated a couple of times during the season. Buzz's teams always had a horrible loss or two.

We won the effen game, beat a likely NCAA tourney team from the B14 after falling behind by 18 points. Showed a lot of guts, played some great D, and shot just well enough in the second half. Got nice contributions from several players, and Markus did not try to be a 1-man show.

We had a bad, extended stretch in the first half. Otherwise, a very satisfying win against a good opponent.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2019, 11:59:35 PM »
Certain games you have to win to build your resume, beating Purdue helps.  MU has a great November schedule,  having senior leadership is
important.  McEwen really is a senior, Anim is a grad senior,  Theo a junior,  Markus a senior, Jayce Johnson and Ed Morrow grad seniors.  Bailey
is like 22 as a soph and Cain a junior.  The only player left that played some minutes is Elliott who is soph but a junior as well.  Probably one of
the most experienced teams in the NCAA.  Showed in the second half, teams in the past might have folded.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2019, 12:05:19 AM »
Helluva comeback!   Still, Porky shares many of Humanlung’s concerns.  Great teams don’t allow themselves to get down by 18 points in the first half on their home court, and the fact that they allowed themselves to get in that situation in the first place is a big Asterix next to this W as far as Porky is concerned.

Hopefully they just had The first big game jitters.  Wojo said as much in his post game interview with Homer.  He said no disrespect to Loyola but a team like Purdue is on a completely different level and they, having played Texas already had been through a game like that this year already whereas we hadn’t and it took us a half to get acclimated to that level of play.   

Audio for all games has been streamable through the Marquette Gameday App.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2019, 12:06:43 AM »

Is Kentucky a great team...they never let their opposing team get them down by 18...
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2019, 12:19:12 AM »

feedback