[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Upsets! / Surprise results.  (Read 147472 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Upsets! / Surprise results.
« Reply #750 on: February 15, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
I didn't really know where to put this but did anyone else miss this from a couple seasons ago? Was wondering why no C-USA teams had any games left on the schedule after today with 3 weeks until the start of the conference tournament.

https://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/5/29/general-mbb-c-usa-rolls-out-innovative-schedule.aspx

Yes, it was talked about here previously.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #751 on: February 15, 2020, 04:55:43 PM »
Isn’t that was buzzard did?

Wojo isn’t Buzz.  I can see Wojo leaving but Wake isn’t it. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #752 on: February 15, 2020, 05:01:03 PM »
Wojo isn’t Buzz.  I can see Wojo leaving but Wake isn’t it.

Probably not....Maryland more likely....but the point was coaches have left here for worse situations.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #753 on: February 15, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »
Buzz and the administration were at odds......so he left.

Wojo isn’t at odds with the administration.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #754 on: February 15, 2020, 05:02:17 PM »
Probably not....Maryland more likely....but the point was coaches have left here for worse situations.

It’ll be a curious off-season.  Plenty of jobs in the ACC could be open.  He’ll get looks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #755 on: February 15, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »
Isn’t that was buzzard did?

And Crean for that dumpster fire in Bloomington.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #756 on: February 15, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
Good weekend for upsets. Marquette really should drop at all.

Illinois @ 23 lost  possibly twice losing at Rutgers
LSU @ 25 lost.
Butler @ 19 lost
Virginia @ 14 lost twice
Texas Tech @ 23 lost

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #757 on: February 15, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »
You mean West Virginia........

MU82

• All American
« Reply #758 on: February 15, 2020, 05:09:43 PM »
Dodged a bullet with the whole Shaka thing huh?

It would appear so.

Highest Texas finish in conference was 4th place his first year, when he still had Barnes' players. Second-division every year since.

Last place at 11-22 in Year 2 ... that would have gone over real well for Scoopers! Second-division finish in Year 3 despite having a highly acclaimed recruiting class that included the No. 2 prospect. No NCAA tourney in Year 4.

And now in Year 5, he's 14-11, headed for an even lower finish. Still no NCAA wins.

He obviously can't hack it at the highest level of college hoops. Mrs. Shaka did us a favor.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #759 on: February 15, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
I don't get it. Is this program the ultimate stepping stone? Like you make a run in the tourney than off to a p5? Any p5? Is wake forest perceived as a significantly better job than here? Idk why a coach wouldn't want to stay here. Great facilities. Pour tons of cash into basketball. Basketball first. New NBA arena. Top attendance when were good. I mean wth lol. Wake forest? Pfff

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #760 on: February 15, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »
Alabama tried their best choke away an 18 point lead but hung on to win.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #761 on: February 15, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »
I don't get it. Is this program the ultimate stepping stone? Like you make a run in the tourney than off to a p5? Any p5? Is wake forest perceived as a significantly better job than here? Idk why a coach wouldn't want to stay here. Great facilities. Pour tons of cash into basketball. Basketball first. New NBA arena. Top attendance when were good. I mean wth lol. Wake forest? Pfff

Did somebody actually say Wojo was WF bound? All it's been is fan-site speculation that if Wojo finishes well and if (when) Manning gets fired, Wojo might feel a little unappreciated at Marquette and might want to get back in the ACC. I'd be surprised if he left Marquette for Wake Forest, but I wouldn't be stunned beyond all belief.

But yes, until somebody proves differently, it is a stepping-stone job, as proven by the fact that our last three successful coaches all bolted for what they felt were greener pastures. It's been the very definition of a stepping-stone job, unfortunately.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #762 on: February 15, 2020, 05:21:35 PM »
It is hard to say how much football matters to basketball recruits. However, I imagine there are some recruits that will never consider MU, because they do not have a football team.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #763 on: February 15, 2020, 05:22:49 PM »
Did somebody actually say Wojo was WF bound? All it's been is fan-site speculation that if Wojo finishes well and if (when) Manning gets fired, Wojo might feel a little unappreciated at Marquette and might want to get back in the ACC. I'd be surprised if he left Marquette for Wake Forest, but I wouldn't be stunned beyond all belief.

But yes, until somebody proves differently, it is a stepping-stone job, as proven by the fact that our last three successful coaches all bolted for what they felt were greener pastures. It's been the very definition of a stepping-stone job, unfortunately.
Yeah just venting a bit. Sucks. Guess its come here and be given excellent tools to create some consistent success then off to a "real job" like virginia tech or texas am. Wonderful

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #764 on: February 15, 2020, 05:36:43 PM »
I believe there will be a coach at MU that completely understands what MU is and offers. Coaches have left here and regretted their decision.
Wojo has said he has felt like a fish out of water in the Midwest. I hope he doesn’t feel that way anymore.
If Wojo did leave, I hope Stan gets an interview. Well respected.
I think Stan only sticks around for another year as an assistant.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
And Crean for that dumpster fire in Bloomington.

Yup.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »

i think it might take a little more than that-he's got some good guys coming in to join a pretty decent returning cast-would wojo throw away a chnce to do something pretty special here to start over in a pretty tough conference where a dude named danny manning had trouble recruiting
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »
i don't think this is an upset, but what the...has happened to MSU??  their scoop has got to be blowin up  check their dorm windows, eyn'a?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2020, 07:09:31 PM »
Cassius is distracted, no reliable third scoring  option. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2020, 07:12:32 PM »
Georgetown won at Butler. Georgetown with a depleted roster has been surprisingly good lately. I am impressed with how Ewing is coaching this team.

LaVall Jordan fouling down 9 with 10 seconds to go. Dude just can't accept losing. Classless coach. Georgetown in mid-February isn't an elimination game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #770 on: February 15, 2020, 07:40:08 PM »
Hilarious msu board if any one is bored

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #771 on: February 15, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
Cassius is distracted, no reliable third scoring  option.

No wonder he wanted Joey to play

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2020, 07:47:47 PM »
Hilarious msu board if any one is bored

Looking for their board?  Where? Thanks, it’s a lonely Saturday night

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #773 on: February 15, 2020, 07:50:04 PM »

3rd scoring option?  He didn’t go to MSU to be 3rd in line man. Give him the rock and get outta the way  ;)

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #774 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »

Always wondered what the huge secret “compelling case for immediate eligibility” was that Izzo was referring to. Seemed like a pretty standard transfer to me.

feedback