[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2020 Schedule news  (Read 55873 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: 2020 Schedule news
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
All depends on the quality of the Big East this season. I think the conference as a whole will be down next year. Villanova will be top dog. Butler, Creighton, Marquette, Seton Hall, UConn, and Xavier will be smooshed in the middle. DePaul, Providence, and St. John's will have at least a prayer of making the NCAAs. Georgetown will be BAD.

Don't get the Butler love, think they'll be much closer to DePaul and Providence level than Creighton, Seton Hall, or even our level.  Lost three of their top 4 scorers (like us).  Top returning scorer is a forward that can't really create his own shot.  Incoming freshman class isn't nearly as good as ours (any of our freshman would be their highest rated recruit).  And assuming that DJ gets his waiver, we also have a better immediately eligible guard.  Seems like a textbook NIT team.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:37 AM »
Maybe.  Without Alexander,  I'm not so sure. That being said,  I would put them towards the top of that middle group
They return the whole rest of their starting lineup plus Mahoney who was Sixth man of the year in the Big East .

In addition , Creighton will  also have a Healthy Jacob Epperson back, he did not play last year because of surgery.

They also have Antwann Jones, the transfer from Memphis , eligible. He is a big ( 6-6 )physical guard who has had a year to get acclimated to the Creighton program.

So they are going to have plenty of offensive firepower and increased Defensive and Rebounding capabilities.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »
They return the whole rest of their starting lineup plus Mahoney who was Sixth man of the year in the Big East .

In addition , Creighton will  also have a Healthy Jacob Epperson back, he did not play last year because of surgery.

They also have Antwann Jones, the transfer from Memphis , eligible. He is a big ( 6-6 )physical guard who has had a year to get acclimated to the Creighton program.

So they are going to have plenty of offensive firepower and increased Defensive and Rebounding capabilities.

I'm well aware of what they have coming back, though I don't think Epperson's health is a lock as you suggest. They also have a trio of talented freshmen coming in. I just hesitate to call them great. I think the distance between them and Villanova will be greater than the distance between them and the rest of the league. Though Saddiq Bey's departure defintiely closes the gap...but that only goes to further the original point that the league will be down as a whole compared to last season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
Xavier has a ton of moving parts with a coach that has been "eh" so far.  Can he mold this group into a team and how quickly will that take?  Still little outside shooting on this roster.  I can see them at the bottom along with Butler.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2020, 09:28:28 AM »
Don't get the Butler love, think they'll be much closer to DePaul and Providence level than Creighton, Seton Hall, or even our level.  Lost three of their top 4 scorers (like us).  Top returning scorer is a forward that can't really create his own shot.  Incoming freshman class isn't nearly as good as ours (any of our freshman would be their highest rated recruit).  And assuming that DJ gets his waiver, we also have a better immediately eligible guard.  Seems like a textbook NIT team.

I'm not sure about them either. I'd put them at the bottom of the middle group. I like them a lot defensively, but I have no idea where the scoring is going to come from.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2020, 10:02:39 AM »
I'm not sure about them either. I'd put them at the bottom of the middle group. I like them a lot defensively, but I have no idea where the scoring is going to come from.

Yep, I think there's a tendency for scoopers to look at what we've lost (which is a lot) in a vacuum, and not compare it to the rest of the league.  Providence lost a ton, Butler lost all of their scorers, X lost quite a bit from a team that wasn't great to begin with, Gtown is absolutely gutted (it's almost comical to compare their roster from 365 days ago to now).  I know that I look at things through gold tinted glasses (injured players returning to form, Carton getting a waiver, Freshman coming in as billed), but .500 in Conference certainly seems attainable.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »
Yep, I think there's a tendency for scoopers to look at what we've lost (which is a lot) in a vacuum, and not compare it to the rest of the league.  Providence lost a ton, Butler lost all of their scorers, X lost quite a bit from a team that wasn't great to begin with, Gtown is absolutely gutted (it's almost comical to compare their roster from 365 days ago to now).  I know that I look at things through gold tinted glasses (injured players returning to form, Carton getting a waiver, Freshman coming in as billed), but .500 in Conference certainly seems attainable.

Agree, DJO.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2020, 01:44:38 AM »
We may or may not play Minnesota and not sure he will get a waiver but Gophers land former Austin Minnesota star Both Gach in transfer from Utah. Sam Hauser liked Both Gach’s Tweet. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:03:43 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2020, 10:40:05 AM »
Meaning way above the bubble prolly 8-9 seed.   Jjjjj said we will go 10-10 n be on the bubble

I mean, I was being fairly liberal with the use of the term "bubble".  I don't think a 19-13 team is so far from the bubble in a positive or negative direction that its worth pointing out. 

I also think 19-13 is an absolute pipe dream without Carton.  May even be one with him. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2020, 12:14:04 PM »
Per Jeff Goodman @ Goodman Hoops
Oklahoma State has landed Ole Miss transfer Bryce Williams, source told @Stadium.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2020, 08:43:32 AM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
5m
Potential No. 1 pick Cade Cunningham announces he’s sticking with his commitment to Oklahoma State.

Had been mulling multiple options since the NCAA handed down sanctions against the Cowboys.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »
I think OSU feels pretty confident that their one year ban will be overturned or reduced.  It is kind of a ridiculous punishment all things considered.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #287 on: June 30, 2020, 04:55:37 PM »
"I view it differently from most people. To me, the important things are scheduling, referees, coaching, and material-- in that order. I rank scheduling first because that includes not just who you play but when and where you play them. For instance, South Carolina opens this year against Minnesota and Alabama. That's Dunkirk. You're supposed to play your first game against East Cupcake."

---  Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
Philly just banned gatherings of 50+ through Feb 28th.  Technically Nova plays in Villanova, PA so they could work around these rules.  Something to keep an eye on relative to staging BE games / attending BE games.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart