[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321401 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1900 on: February 16, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
You've now attacked multiple posters based on their perceived age. Please share, oh wise one, how old are you?  I'm curious how many years of wisdom your posts are based on.

Also, saying someone younger than you doesn't know about the eye test is laughable.

He sounds like the old failing scouts arguing with the stats presented to them in Moneyball

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »
He sounds like the old failing scouts arguing with the stats presented to them in Moneyball

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1902 on: February 16, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
Another Big 5 Championship for Nova. I think the Big 5 is a very helpful fixture in Nova's  non conference schedule.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/villanova/villanova-wildcats-big-5-championship-temple-owls-collin-gillespie-three-point-baskets-liacouras-center-20200216.html
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1903 on: February 16, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »
What's frustrating is, if everyone is truly honest(instead of just disagreeing with me because that's the thing to do), MU SHOULD be leading the Big east right now..but for the Butler and PC losses.  >:(
Does anyone really think Mu is the best team in the conference?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1904 on: February 16, 2020, 06:47:48 PM »

Nope and a Guru uses his eye test only for MU and not other teams in the conference = heavily biased and flawed evaluation.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1905 on: February 16, 2020, 06:54:29 PM »
The "eye test" is why people believe Powell is the run away BE POY and a legit NPOY candidate. The numbers and analytics is why Howard is the clear front runner.

Between the two I'll take the numbers, they don't lie. Eye test is why my dad picks out dominant mid major players as people who should be NPOY and all American candidates.
The best guard in the conference might be Zegarowski. We will get a good look at him on Tuesday.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: February 16, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »

We might be. It's too early to tell. Neither Seton Hall nor Creighton looks invincible, and neither has had to play us at Fiserv yet.

We'll know soon enough if Creighton really is better than we are; ask me again Tuesday at about 11 p.m. ET. We play Seton Hall about a week and a half after that. By then, we'll have a better picture of the BEast's pecking order.

I think our team stacks up well with anybody in the conference.

Which, of course, is different from saying, "We should beat everybody, and I get physically ill any time we lose."

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1907 on: February 16, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
The best guard in the conference might be Zegarowski. We will get a good look at him on Tuesday.

I really like Zegarowski and think he could get there, but he's not there yet. Way too inconsistent. He was great against us (16/8/6) but he's had single-digit scoring nights in conference play as often as he's hit 16+ and his offensive rating in conference play is below 100. I wouldn't have him as the best guard on his team.

Great upside and once he finds consistency he has all-conference and maybe even BEPOY potential, but he's still a year or two away.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1908 on: February 16, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »
I really like Zegarowski and think he could get there, but he's not there yet. Way too inconsistent. He was great against us (16/8/6) but he's had single-digit scoring nights in conference play as often as he's hit 16+ and his offensive rating in conference play is below 100. I wouldn't have him as the best guard on his team.

Great upside and once he finds consistency he has all-conference and maybe even BEPOY potential, but he's still a year or two away.
Offensively he is not as good as Howard or Powell, but I think he is a better passer and defender than the other two.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1909 on: February 16, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
I use my brain. And my brain knows 2 things related to this particular subject you can't let go:

1. Even though you don't like to talk about teams other than Marquette, the fact is that all teams lose games they are "supposed" to win. Even a "crap team" like PC can and will beat the likes of Marquette, Seton Hall, etc. That's sports. We don't have to like it, but we have to acknowledge it.

2. It's wasted energy because all of your kvetching can't change the past. You can complain a zillion times about who we should have beaten and what that would have meant ... but it doesn't change anything.

It's like a coach complaining about a bad call. The ref calls travel on one of my players in the first quarter. I don't like it and I say, "She didn't travel." The ref says, "Yes, she did." A million times out of a million, the ref isn't gonna change the call. So sure, I could still be whining about the call in the fourth quarter, but that would be pretty stupid. I said my piece briefly and then both I and the ref move on. That's what grown-ups do.

Marquette lost to PC. I wish we didn't. You wish we didn't. But it happened and the scoreboard isn't gonna change no matter how much you kvetch about it.

It was almost 6 effen weeks ago. Be a grown-up. Move on!
Crap team also beat Creighton. Providence is a really good defensive team that can struggle on offense. They are hard to beat if they are playing one of their better offensive games.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #1910 on: February 16, 2020, 07:41:04 PM »

Inconsistent perhaps,  but he is still the straw that stirs their drink.  Need to make him uncomfortable.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1911 on: February 16, 2020, 08:03:42 PM »
Offensively he is not as good as Howard or Powell, but I think he is a better passer and defender than the other two.
Zegarowski is a very fun player to watch.  The Creighton system is ideal for his talents.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1912 on: February 16, 2020, 08:06:52 PM »

I really like the kid, I just couldn't put a "best guard in the conference" tag on him, I'm not even sure he's the best guard on his team. Alexander is really good.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1913 on: February 16, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »
Nope and a Guru uses his eye test only for MU and not other teams in the conference = heavily biased and flawed evaluation.

I use it for other teams too, believe me. You think I don't but I do. I'm just choosing not to share that. Why?? Everyone would just rip on me anyway. I know what my eyes see..I trust them. They have very rarely failed me through the years.

Again, this is a spot on analogy..you'd know a hot chick when you see one, right?? Do your eyes deceive you then?? Same principal for me.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #1914 on: February 16, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
I use it for other teams too, believe me. You think I don't but I do. I'm just choosing not to share that. Why?? Everyone would just rip on me anyway. I know what my eyes see..I trust them. They have very rarely failed me through the years.

Again, this is a spot on analogy..you'd know a hot chick when you see one, right?? Do your eyes deceive you then?? Same principal for me.

Pic please:)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1915 on: February 16, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »
I think Cain might have to play a bit more in this one..That being said, they do kinda sorta have a big down low, even though he is only 6'6"...Christian Bishop. Defensively, to start I think I match up like this..Markus on Ballock..Theo on Bishop. I might actually start out with Sacar on Jefferson and Bailey on Alexander (can always switch it if it's not working) and Kobe can lock up Zegarowski. The key will be making shots(obviously). That takes Creighton out of their transition game. 52% of their 3's come within 1-10 seconds after a rebound, and a whopping 55% of their three's come within 1-10 seconds after the opponent scores... Their highest shooting % on 3's(by a wide margin is 1-10 seconds after getting a steal. On the other side of that, their lowest 3% percentage by a wide margin is after they rebound..they only shoot about 33% on 3's after rebounds.

Get back on D and make them earn their 3's, and offensively get the ball in the paint, where they are weak.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: February 16, 2020, 09:34:03 PM »
I really like the kid, I just couldn't put a "best guard in the conference" tag on him, I'm not even sure he's the best guard on his team. Alexander is really good.
Agree. he is a really good player, but he is averaging under 13 points a game in conference. I would take our Markus every day and twice on Sunday.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1917 on: February 16, 2020, 09:58:34 PM »

Guru how is it possible for you to see every Big East game and apply that standard?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1918 on: February 16, 2020, 10:05:34 PM »

I could show you images of "hot chicks" that aren't women at all....so doesn't that blow up your theory?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458663543293246751/?lp=true

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1919 on: February 16, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
I could show you images of "hot chicks" that aren't women at all....so doesn't that blow up your theory?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458663543293246751/?lp=true

Good grief. Risky click of the day.

I don’t know why I clicked that.

Sooo anyways, why even play the games anymore. Just have Guru eye test the season.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1920 on: February 16, 2020, 10:56:57 PM »
Good grief. Risky click of the day.

I don’t know why I clicked that.

Sooo anyways, why even play the games anymore. Just have Guru eye test the season.

If I had not given the clue I have no doubt that a Guru would say that image is of a “hot chick”.  Not all things are as they appear....not that there is anything wrong with it....people can live as they damn well please. 

Eye tests are great....but on sports they are flawed as hell.  How many folks had the Patriots as the SB champs after 6 weeks this year?  The eye test is subject to what people want to see or want to not see....including “hotness”.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1922 on: February 17, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »

That would be a tough argument to win. Overall, conf #'s are fairly weak for him. For the year... turnover rate is a bit high and he doesn't get to the line.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1923 on: February 17, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »
X 39 The Johnnies 37 halftime

Very entertaining game at the Garden.
                       ---Al McGuire

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #1924 on: February 17, 2020, 06:56:34 PM »
Who does MU want to win?

feedback