[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 326329 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1825 on: February 15, 2020, 09:49:27 PM »
You're hilarious!! Hahahahah What a true Gen z er you are Little Johnny. Now sit and listen to the lesson I'm about to teach you...okay?? Now there was ONE major difference between this game that Hall just lost to PC and the game MU lost to Providence..Do we know what that was Little Johnny?? MU lost to the crap team that is PC...AT home. That's where the difference is Little Johnny. Further, you obviously don't pay very close attention...I have stated several times that I couldn't care less who other teams in the conference lose to. It has ZERO bearing on whether or not MU should/shouldn't lose to someone and if it's unacceptable.

Also...do we know what Providence's record is?? They are now 14-12 Little Johnny and nowhere near being an NCAA tournament team. I would think even you would agree, that is AT THE VERY BEST...incredibly mediocre...and that's being generous. You are what your record says you are.

Your lesson is over now Little Johnny...you can go play your video game now..but don't stay up too late.

Didn’t Seton Hall lose twice at home....including to Xavier who we beat home and away?  Conference games are tough Guru, regardless of where they are played.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1826 on: February 15, 2020, 09:59:19 PM »
PC - SHU semi-bizarre. It was a typical James Breeding night: 50 fouls, 62 free throws, four technicals (including the rare double, and one on the crowd). He is the worst! He thinks the crowd come to see him.

At the end of the game there was a double tech, on Diallo and Powell. There was nothing on TV to indicate why that call happened.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1827 on: February 15, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
Guru why you kicking me when I'm down. Cant I vent about my beloved pirates losing? Oh its lil' John btw. Not little johhny thanks

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1828 on: February 15, 2020, 10:02:49 PM »
Didn’t see it but not at all surprised a game involving SHU had multiple T’s.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1829 on: February 15, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »
You're hilarious!! Hahahahah What a true Gen z er you are Little Johnny. Now sit and listen to the lesson I'm about to teach you...okay?? Now there was ONE major difference between this game that Hall just lost to PC and the game MU lost to Providence..Do we know what that was Little Johnny?? MU lost to the crap team that is PC...AT home. That's where the difference is Little Johnny. Further, you obviously don't pay very close attention...I have stated several times that I couldn't care less who other teams in the conference lose to. It has ZERO bearing on whether or not MU should/shouldn't lose to someone and if it's unacceptable.

Also...do we know what Providence's record is?? They are now 14-12 Little Johnny and nowhere near being an NCAA tournament team. I would think even you would agree, that is AT THE VERY BEST...incredibly mediocre...and that's being generous. You are what your record says you are.

Your lesson is over now Little Johnny...you can go play your video game now..but don't stay up too late.

Get some help, man. Or maybe just get some. You seem stressed.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1830 on: February 15, 2020, 10:07:02 PM »
Man oh man...MU could be at the top of this conference...The butler and PC games in the "W" column right now and there they would be..in 1st place :(

Almost.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1831 on: February 15, 2020, 10:11:34 PM »
Aren't you the one that says the losing on the road is just an excuse? So if that's true, why does this matter?

I haven't said losing on the road is an excuse....It all depends on the teams/talent etc. MU losing @ Butler, given how that game went was inexcusable. I don't care who Seton Hall or anyone else that loses on the road, loses to. I only care about what MU does. If Seton hall wants to lose to a crap team like Providence in their house..that's on them. It shouldn't happen, but whatever. I wonder if their fans think it's a bigger deal to lose a game like that than MU fans do...or if they just shrug their shoulders and say "it happens...on to the next one" the way MU fans do"?? Tell ya what..If Seton Hall ends up losing a conference championship by 1 game..wonder if they will rue the day they lost that particular game?? Pretty sure they will.

In fact young fella...you and all MU fans that are reading this right now...take a look over to the left of your screen at the standings..What you will notice is...NOT COINCIDENTALLY I might add, that if you put the Butler and PC games in the "W" column, where they should have been, how much different would the standings look now?? Yeah..that's what I thought.

Even if I'm generous and ignore the crap loss @ Butler and say ah what the hell..Just put the home win vs the crap PC team, and what do the standings look like?? Oh well look at that...MU would be 1..count 'em..1 game out of 1st place in the Big East. Weird how that happens isn't it?? Losing to crap teams on your home floor...is costly. Yet people here continually rip on me for lamenting the fact MU lost that game that they had no business losing. The funny thing is..if for some reason MU finishes out of 1st by one game at the end of the year...I would bet massive sums of $$ That ironically enough most MU fans would be saying to themselves "if MU had just won that PC game at home, they would have won a Big east title". Of course they would never say that out loud, because go damnit that would make Guru right, and no way would I ever acknowledge that.

I wonder if there's a reason that every single Coach in America says the key to winning conference Championships is taking care of business at home and stealing a few on the road. Nah, they must not know what the hell they are talking about.

I can guarantee you that home loss to PC will lend up costing MU something at the end of the year..whether it be a seed spot in the BET tournament(perhaps causing a worse match up), perhaps a spot or two on the S-curve for the NCAA tournament, perhaps even a BE title.

But it's okay, you all can keep on thinking it's not a big deal and shrugging your shoulders and saying "it's not a big deal to lose to Providence at home, just gotta make it up somewhere". You CANNOT make it up..it doesn't work like that. And...when you consider the ONLY road games that would have come close to making that up...Hall, Creighton and Nova..well we all know how those turned out, right??

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1832 on: February 15, 2020, 10:13:01 PM »
Guru why you kicking me when I'm down. Cant I vent about my beloved pirates losing? Oh its lil' John btw. Not little johhny thanks

No, it's little Johnny...first of all you're just a little kid...so that means you get called Little johnny by this elder anyway. Second of all, your screen name says Johnny B...So...Little johnny boy.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1833 on: February 15, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »
Almost.

Actually they would be...Hall just got their 4th loss tonight...if MU has those butler and PC games back as "W's", which they should have been, MU would have 3 losses and in 1st place all by themselves..But people will still keep trying to convince me that losing to teams you have no business losing to is no big deal and it happens. No big deal I guess if you don't care whether MU wins a Big east championship or not..then sure..it's no big deal.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1834 on: February 15, 2020, 10:17:46 PM »
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
8m
Kevin Willard said on radio he’s going to get the rotation down to about 6 because some guys have a ‘bad attitude’

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1835 on: February 15, 2020, 10:20:12 PM »
No, it's little Johnny...first of all you're just a little kid...so that means you get called Little johnny by this elder anyway. Second of all, your screen name says Johnny B...So...Little johnny boy.
Oh well how old are you wise elder? I mean physically, we all know your mental age is a single digit number.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1836 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:46 PM »
Man... I feel bad. Thought Guru had changed the last few weeks.

Wrong. guru. You’re rude, mean, your takes are trash. And your personal attacked are equal to, if not worse than my 6 year old nieces words about school.

Be nicer.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1837 on: February 15, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »
I think I agree with this but I may replace Butler with Xavier.

Interesting about Xavier.  Butler likely to lose next two games at Seton Hall/Creighton..then Xavier gets them at home last game of the season.

Butler sure has fallen off from non-con, albeit not to the extent DePaul has.  Wow.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1838 on: February 15, 2020, 10:44:18 PM »
Interesting about Xavier.  Butler likely to lose next two games at Seton Hall/Creighton..then Xavier gets them at home last game of the season.

Butler sure has fallen off from non-con, albeit not to the extent DePaul has.  Wow.

Yep. Good thing Butler had such a great non-con. They could probably lose out and be in.

Agree on Creighton. I think they probably win the conference.

I'm not convinced MU wins on Tuesday, but if they pull it off they may have an outside shot at sharing the conference title.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1839 on: February 15, 2020, 10:51:45 PM »
Providence has as good a chance as any one in the conference to win The Big East Tournament.

Looking forward to our rematch with them.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1840 on: February 15, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
Man... I feel bad. Thought Guru had changed the last few weeks.

Wrong. guru. You’re rude, mean, your takes are trash. And your personal attacked are equal to, if not worse than my 6 year old nieces words about school.

Be nicer.

Be nicer?? What's my incentive to be nicer...when I have little kids on here that continually mock me because of that home loss to PC..I have no incentive to be nicer. The thing of it is, the internet and message boards are weird...because it can make people be disingenuous as they want to be. What I mean is, I'm guessing that a decent number of people that continually rip on me for bringing up that MU's home loss to PC was inexcusable..privately felt the exact same way. But because I express it here, the en vogue thing to do is to bash it, even though privately they feel the same way. That's what makes it so weird.

My takes are spot on if you actually really think about the things I say...I would LOVE for anyone here to look me in the face and tell me that MU losing to PC on their home floor was okay. It wasn't okay then, and it's not okay now. I will say this one more time because I'm tired of repeating it...who Seton Hall, Villanova, Xavier, Or any other school in the country lose to or where they lose to them is absolutely meaningless to how MU should or shouldn't do. It's NOT the transitive property. Just because Seton Hall lost to PC at PC doesn't mean MU should lose to them there. I realize that because of that result, it will automatically trigger people here to start wrapping their heads around somehow justifying losing to PC net Saturday because well "Hey, SH lost to them there, so it's not so bad". That is such a losing, polluted mindset..just get out of here with that nonsense.

Everyone has their own thoughts./ideas of when a team loses to someone whether that shocks them or it was inexcusable or whatever you want to call it. We seem to live in a world now where losing is seemingly not surprising, nor is it a big deal anymore. At least to fans it's not. My concern is with MU, no one else. I don't know why no one understands that because I have stated it repeatedly.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1841 on: February 15, 2020, 10:55:13 PM »
Yep. Good thing Butler had such a great non-con. They could probably lose out and be in.

Agree on Creighton. I think they probably win the conference.

I'm not convinced MU wins on Tuesday, but if they pull it off they may have an outside shot at sharing the conference title.

What's frustrating is, if everyone is truly honest(instead of just disagreeing with me because that's the thing to do), MU SHOULD be leading the Big east right now..but for the Butler and PC losses.  >:(

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1842 on: February 15, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
What's frustrating is, if everyone is truly honest(instead of just disagreeing with me because that's the thing to do), MU SHOULD be leading the Big east right now..but for the Butler and PC losses.  >:(

We COULD be leading the conference if those 2 games ended differently. DePaul, @ Xavier, @ Georgetown could have all been losses.

So, sure. If everything had gone right for MU we could be leading the conference. Hell, we are only a few plays away from being 10-2! But we're also a few plays away from being 5-7.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1843 on: February 15, 2020, 11:05:51 PM »

No they shouldn’t, because you aren’t applying the same “what if” t9 the other schools...you are only doing it for MU.  Creighton, for example, should not have lost to Villanova...but they did.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1844 on: February 15, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »

If MU was 9-3, that would still be 2nd place.  Seton Hall is 10-3.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1845 on: February 16, 2020, 12:29:33 AM »
If MU was undefeated, we would have all wins and no losses.

Frustrating!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1846 on: February 16, 2020, 01:05:24 AM »
If MU was undefeated, we would have all wins and no losses.

Frustrating!
I never thought of that but you're right! Dang!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1847 on: February 16, 2020, 02:54:06 AM »
I haven't said losing on the road is an excuse....It all depends on the teams/talent etc. MU losing @ Butler, given how that game went was inexcusable. I don't care who Seton Hall or anyone else that loses on the road, loses to. I only care about what MU does. If Seton hall wants to lose to a crap team like Providence in their house..that's on them. It shouldn't happen, but whatever. I wonder if their fans think it's a bigger deal to lose a game like that than MU fans do...or if they just shrug their shoulders and say "it happens...on to the next one" the way MU fans do"?? Tell ya what..If Seton Hall ends up losing a conference championship by 1 game..wonder if they will rue the day they lost that particular game?? Pretty sure they will.

In fact young fella...you and all MU fans that are reading this right now...take a look over to the left of your screen at the standings..What you will notice is...NOT COINCIDENTALLY I might add, that if you put the Butler and PC games in the "W" column, where they should have been, how much different would the standings look now?? Yeah..that's what I thought.

Even if I'm generous and ignore the crap loss @ Butler and say ah what the hell..Just put the home win vs the crap PC team, and what do the standings look like?? Oh well look at that...MU would be 1..count 'em..1 game out of 1st place in the Big East. Weird how that happens isn't it?? Losing to crap teams on your home floor...is costly. Yet people here continually rip on me for lamenting the fact MU lost that game that they had no business losing. The funny thing is..if for some reason MU finishes out of 1st by one game at the end of the year...I would bet massive sums of $$ That ironically enough most MU fans would be saying to themselves "if MU had just won that PC game at home, they would have won a Big east title". Of course they would never say that out loud, because go damnit that would make Guru right, and no way would I ever acknowledge that.

I wonder if there's a reason that every single Coach in America says the key to winning conference Championships is taking care of business at home and stealing a few on the road. Nah, they must not know what the hell they are talking about.

I can guarantee you that home loss to PC will lend up costing MU something at the end of the year..whether it be a seed spot in the BET tournament(perhaps causing a worse match up), perhaps a spot or two on the S-curve for the NCAA tournament, perhaps even a BE title.

But it's okay, you all can keep on thinking it's not a big deal and shrugging your shoulders and saying "it's not a big deal to lose to Providence at home, just gotta make it up somewhere". You CANNOT make it up..it doesn't work like that. And...when you consider the ONLY road games that would have come close to making that up...Hall, Creighton and Nova..well we all know how those turned out, right??

What if we moved the DePaul, at Xavier, and at Georgetown games to the L column? That standings would look very different! What if we won all of our games? What if we lost all of our games? That would really change the standings!

Guru, no one is saying losing to PC isn't a bad loss. We all agree that's a game we should've won. I think we just have a different definition of "unacceptable." Unacceptable to me means that its something that can never happen....but bad losses happen to every team, including MU. They've happened to MU every season since Jim Chones left for the ABA. Its part of what makes the game great, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. It sucks when you are on the wrong end of an upset but any season where you are only upset one time is a pretty good season. That's where we are at right now.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1848 on: February 16, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »
No they shouldn’t, because you aren’t applying the same “what if” t9 the other schools...you are only doing it for MU.  Creighton, for example, should not have lost to Villanova...but they did.

Yes they should have

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #1849 on: February 16, 2020, 06:09:05 AM »
What if we moved the DePaul, at Xavier, and at Georgetown games to the L column? That standings would look very different! What if we won all of our games? What if we lost all of our games? That would really change the standings!

Guru, no one is saying losing to PC isn't a bad loss. We all agree that's a game we should've won. I think we just have a different definition of "unacceptable." Unacceptable to me means that its something that can never happen....but bad losses happen to every team, including MU. They've happened to MU every season since Jim Chones left for the ABA. Its part of what makes the game great, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. It sucks when you are on the wrong end of an upset but any season where you are only upset one time is a pretty good season. That's where we are at right now.

That's a very clear and patient explanation that you're delivering to a wall.