[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 326591 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1800 on: February 15, 2020, 04:58:04 PM »
That's Georgetown's 4th consecutive win at Butler as decided under dogs. Yet, MU can't seem to win there.

And yet MU has won at G Town several consecutive times....welcome to sports....matchups, etc.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #1801 on: February 15, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »
Three players for GT playing 40 minutes, and another 37 minutes. What an impressive win for GT. Not a good look for Butler, especially at home.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1802 on: February 15, 2020, 06:35:08 PM »
If Georgetown can make a run in Big East tournament they may be able to get an NCAA bid
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1803 on: February 15, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
Once...one time in how many years?? The last 4 times Georgetown has gone there they have won.
Just stop

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #1804 on: February 15, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »
Friars up 28-7 over the Hall.........no that’s not a football score

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1805 on: February 15, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Just stop

What Johnny Boy...you don't like...facts?? I'm just saying.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1806 on: February 15, 2020, 07:45:44 PM »
Friars up 28-7 over the Hall.........no that’s not a football score

Aaaand...soon we will start with people saying how difficult the game at Providence will be because you know Seton Hall is getting their doors blown off there.  >:(

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1807 on: February 15, 2020, 07:45:49 PM »
What Johnny Boy...you don't like...facts?? I'm just saying.
😏

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1808 on: February 15, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »
Aaaand...soon we will start with people saying how difficult the game at Providence will be because you know Seton Hall is getting their doors blown off there.  >:(

All conference games are tough, why is this hard?  If Seton Hall is the best team in the conference, why are they not just smoking them?  You see you change your goalposts so damn much it’s incredible. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1809 on: February 15, 2020, 07:48:31 PM »
Man oh man...MU could be at the top of this conference...The butler and PC games in the "W" column right now and there they would be..in 1st place :(

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1810 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »
Have we finally killed the notion that this just might be the year that DePaul breaks through?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1811 on: February 15, 2020, 07:52:26 PM »
All conference road games are tough.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1812 on: February 15, 2020, 07:56:08 PM »
All conference games are tough, why is this hard?  If Seton Hall is the best team in the conference, why are they not just smoking them?  You see you change your goalposts so damn much it’s incredible.

No goal post changing...are you even watching the game?? Seton Hall is shooting...18%. That might be a factor you think?? You act like it's f'n impossible to win road games, everyone here does...Please go pick up the white courtesy phone in the lobby...It's Georgetown's 5 players on the line..they'd like to chat with you.

When you are done with them, Ed Cooley would like to talk to you about winning AT MU...I could give you 100's of examples of road teams winning just this year...imagine that Cheeks. It can be done! Who knew??

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1813 on: February 15, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »
If Georgetown can make a run in Big East tournament they may be able to get an NCAA bid

If by make a run, you mean win it, then sure. Otherwise, conference tourney games have very little influence on Selection. If Georgetown wants a bid, they need to win games before the BET. Though I do think they're solidly on the inside after today.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1814 on: February 15, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
Man oh man...MU could be at the top of this conference...The butler and PC games in the "W" column right now and there they would be..in 1st place :(

And the same could be said about most Big East teams...everyone has losses that the Gurus of their fan base say shouldn’t happen.  LOL

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1815 on: February 15, 2020, 08:56:20 PM »
I like how a Creighton is playing . Would like to see them make tournament and get a decent seed .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1816 on: February 15, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
I like how a Creighton is playing . Would like to see them make tournament and get a decent seed .

They’re definitely in the tournament

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1817 on: February 15, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »
No goal post changing...are you even watching the game?? Seton Hall is shooting...18%. That might be a factor you think?? You act like it's f'n impossible to win road games, everyone here does...Please go pick up the white courtesy phone in the lobby...It's Georgetown's 5 players on the line..they'd like to chat with you.

When you are done with them, Ed Cooley would like to talk to you about winning AT MU...I could give you 100's of examples of road teams winning just this year...imagine that Cheeks. It can be done! Who knew??

MU shooting 20% in the first half of the first half the other day......do you think that was a factor?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1818 on: February 15, 2020, 09:12:52 PM »
Seton Hall looks gassed...not sold on them being a legit contender.

Think Creighton is best team in the league. In order, IMO:

Creighton
Hall
MU
Nova
Butler.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #1819 on: February 15, 2020, 09:27:09 PM »
Yeah...they’re definitely make the tourney my man.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1820 on: February 15, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »
Seton Hall looks gassed...not sold on them being a legit contender.

Think Creighton is best team in the league. In order, IMO:

Creighton
Hall
MU
Nova
Butler.

I think I agree with this but I may replace Butler with Xavier.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1821 on: February 15, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
Seton hall losing to garbage providence??! UNACCEPTABLE. Pathetic coach!! Pathetic ! A good team NEVER loses to a lesser team and if you disagree you accept mediocrity!! NOT OK. This isn't sports this is fantasy land! You dont lose this game!! Disgusting losers!! FIRE WILLARD CANCEL THE SEASON! This should never happen! Only losers think it's ok to have an off night! Pathetic fans accept being mediocre lol.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:34:16 PM by Johnny B »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #1822 on: February 15, 2020, 09:35:07 PM »
Announcers the other week couldn’t get over how good of a sport Myles Powell is and how good of a teammate he is. Ended the game getting a technical foul with 5 seconds. What a joke.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1823 on: February 15, 2020, 09:42:20 PM »
Seton hall losing to garbage providence??! UNACCEPTABLE. Pathetic coach!! Pathetic ! A good team NEVER loses to a lesser team and if you disagree you accept mediocrity!! NOT OK. This isn't sports this is fantasy land! You dont lose this game!! Disgusting losers!! FIRE WILLARD CANCEL THE SEASON! This should never happen! Only losers think it's ok to have an off night! Pathetic fans accept being mediocre lol.

You're hilarious!! Hahahahah What a true Gen z er you are Little Johnny. Now sit and listen to the lesson I'm about to teach you...okay?? Now there was ONE major difference between this game that Hall just lost to PC and the game MU lost to Providence..Do we know what that was Little Johnny?? MU lost to the crap team that is PC...AT home. That's where the difference is Little Johnny. Further, you obviously don't pay very close attention...I have stated several times that I couldn't care less who other teams in the conference lose to. It has ZERO bearing on whether or not MU should/shouldn't lose to someone and if it's unacceptable.

Also...do we know what Providence's record is?? They are now 14-12 Little Johnny and nowhere near being an NCAA tournament team. I would think even you would agree, that is AT THE VERY BEST...incredibly mediocre...and that's being generous. You are what your record says you are.

Your lesson is over now Little Johnny...you can go play your video game now..but don't stay up too late.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1824 on: February 15, 2020, 09:45:24 PM »
Now there was ONE major difference between this game that Hall just lost to PC and the game MU lost to Providence..Do we know what that was Little Johnny?? MU lost to the crap team that is PC...AT home. That's where the difference is Little Johnny.

Aren't you the one that says the losing on the road is just an excuse? So if that's true, why does this matter?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.