[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321486 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1650 on: February 08, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »
3 losses in a row? Including the biggest game of the season at home? Fire Jay Wright!

Creighton losing big to "crap team" Providence? Fire McDermott!

Nova tried hard Saturday and lost at home. They won't try any harder Wednesday at home against us.

Each game is its own deal. We're gonna beat 'em Wednesday, but first take care of Butler tomorrow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1651 on: February 08, 2020, 04:39:35 PM »
Seton Hall sucks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1652 on: February 08, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
3 losses in a row? Including the biggest game of the season at home? Fire Jay Wright!

Creighton losing big to "crap team" Providence? Fire McDermott!

Does this really have to happen every time a very accomplished coach loses? 

In my opinion, it doesn't help to make any point regarding Wojo to compare him to coaches that have multiple Final Fours and National Championships on their resumes. 

Jay Wright has more NCs than Wojo has Tourney wins.  How are they comparable at all?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1653 on: February 08, 2020, 04:55:27 PM »
Mamu starting to get back in form for The Hall. 

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1654 on: February 08, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »

In my opinion, it doesn't help to make any point regarding Wojo to compare him to coaches that have multiple Final Fours and National Championships on their resumes. 

Jay Wright has more NCs than Wojo has Tourney wins.  How are they comparable at all?

It just gets exhausting that every MU loss is accompanied by a dozen (at least) "Wojo is the worst ever" posts, and that most wins are dismissed by "Oh, they are a crap team we should have beaten anyway."

So I guess this is my intentionally over-the-top counter to it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1655 on: February 08, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
It just gets exhausting that every MU loss is accompanied by a dozen (at least) "Wojo is the worst ever" posts, and that most wins are dismissed by "Oh, they are a crap team we should have beaten anyway."

Which is just as exhausting.  So...congrats???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1656 on: February 08, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »

It has gotten a little obnoxious at this point. It’s great that you are a strong Wojo backer, but, when you consistently do this thing with very accomplished coaches - it rings hollow.

The frustrations and complaints here will markedly decrease once Wojo gets us to a Sweet 16, Elite 8, etc. the patience/tolerance leash gets much longer at that point.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1657 on: February 08, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »

And the reverse, when Wojo loses a game (players usually lose by the way) do we need the histrionics from some here.   Right back at you.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1658 on: February 08, 2020, 05:36:00 PM »
It has gotten a little obnoxious at this point. It’s great that you are a strong Wojo backer, but, when you consistently do this thing with very accomplished coaches - it rings hollow.

The frustrations and complaints here will markedly decrease once Wojo gets us to a Sweet 16, Elite 8, etc. the patience/tolerance leash gets much longer at that point.

Then shut your mouth until March comes around where he has a chance to actually do it.....otherwise it is obnoxious and exhausting.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1659 on: February 08, 2020, 05:36:30 PM »
I will try to do this less because I understand that ...

... oh wait ...

Fire Bob Huggins!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1660 on: February 08, 2020, 05:43:46 PM »
For what?

Cuz the PC game was won, then blown. My point being I thought that loss was worse. But, to each his own.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1661 on: February 08, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
Cuz the PC game was won, then blown. My point being I thought that loss was worse. But, to each his own.

Nothing what I said in your quote was incorrect. It was a back and forth game and one that we trailed more often than led.

The game wasn't blown. Dude hit a tough shot he doesnt normally hit.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1662 on: February 08, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »
Yeah I wanted a Nova win there.

I was never expecting victory on Wednesday but really hard to see them losing 4 in a row with 3 of them being at home.

THey will be due to make it rain, which is kinda the norm for us on the road. Face teams/players when they blackout.

Agree, except that a Nova loss gives us a shot at second.

We’ll need to bring it Wednesday.
My only hope is that we’re 7 - 4 when we meet them.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1663 on: February 08, 2020, 06:12:02 PM »
Creighton leading St. John's on CBSSN, 49-43. Early in the 2nd half.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1664 on: February 08, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »

Well that is definitely true, so fair enough.  But should making this place as obnoxious as possible be the goal?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:14:51 PM by buckchuckler »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1665 on: February 08, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »

... oh wait ...

Fire Bob Huggins!

Can't lie.  I laughed.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1666 on: February 08, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
The Johnnies and Creighton in a shootout 65-60 Creighton 10:24 left second
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1667 on: February 08, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »

... oh wait ...

Fire Bob Huggins!

SMH, this gets so exhausting reading this every single time a Coach loses a game. Look, you're going to counter with "it gets equally exhausting reading fire Wojo after every loss". Me personally, I have said numerous times, my biggest issue is losing games at home against teams you should absolutely beat. like Providence. If you think this is exclusive to MU fans and this board, I suggest you "get out more" and read other message boards. In fact, I was on the Memphis board earlier...and guess what?? They went Penny gone, and have said that it is INEXCUSABLE to lose games at home to South Florida, SMU and Georgia. All teams they feel they should have/and expected to beat at home.

Go visit the Indiana board and see what they are saying about losing to Purdue at home today( a team that couldn't win a road game to save their life this year). It goes on everywhere Mike.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, there is nothing that makes me more pissed off following my favorite teams then when they drop a game at home to someone they had no business losing to. Because almost inevitably it ends up costing you something significant at the end of the year. It's uncanny, how it's correlated. Just one quick example from this very season in the NFL...The Packers only home loss this year was to the Eagles, a team that had no business walking into Lambeau and winning. I was pissed, I knew at the time it would cost them something significant..Lo and behold..guess what?? They win that game, they play the NFC Championship game at home instead of in SF.

You're a Coach, so you should know this, but ask any Coach in any sport, and they will tell you the #1 most important thing you can do is win games at home. Especially against teams you have no business losing to. Now you will say (it happens...Duke vs SFA). Sure, it happens, but me personally, I couldn't care less about who else loses to who on their home floor/field. It does NOTHING to make me say "oh well then that Excuses the Packers or MU for losing that game at home to (insert crap opponent). I want my teams to be better than that.

It is 100% complete fallacy and not even possible to do when people say "well, they just have to get that back on the road somewhere". Doesn't work like that. Once you lose a game at home, there isn't anything you can do to "make up for it". Nothing, it's gone. It's like people who say "I gotta catch up on some sleep". That's an impossibility, once you lose it, there's no "catching up" or getting it back.

Had MU not lost that game at home to PC...where would they be right now?? 6-3 and with a win tomorrow, in 2nd place, and only two games behind Hall for 1st...that's doable. But instead, they are tied for third currently and 3 games behind Hall...a significant difference.

So yes, losing games at home to teams you have ZERO business losing to is maddening, frustrating and it infuriates me(and obviously fans from other schools to). Again, it will almost always end up costing you something by the end of the year.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1668 on: February 08, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »
Creighton pulling away from The Johnnies 87-72 4:12 left
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1669 on: February 08, 2020, 07:04:04 PM »
SMH, this gets so exhausting reading this every single time a Coach loses a game. Look, you're going to counter with "it gets equally exhausting reading fire Wojo after every loss". Me personally, I have said numerous times, my biggest issue is losing games at home against teams you should absolutely beat. like Providence. If you think this is exclusive to MU fans and this board, I suggest you "get out more" and read other message boards. In fact, I was on the Memphis board earlier...and guess what?? They went Penny gone, and have said that it is INEXCUSABLE to lose games at home to South Florida, SMU and Georgia. All teams they feel they should have/and expected to beat at home.

Go visit the Indiana board and see what they are saying about losing to Purdue at home today( a team that couldn't win a road game to save their life this year). It goes on everywhere Mike.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, there is nothing that makes me more pissed off following my favorite teams then when they drop a game at home to someone they had no business losing to. Because almost inevitably it ends up costing you something significant at the end of the year. It's uncanny, how it's correlated. Just one quick example from this very season in the NFL...The Packers only home loss this year was to the Eagles, a team that had no business walking into Lambeau and winning. I was pissed, I knew at the time it would cost them something significant..Lo and behold..guess what?? They win that game, they play the NFC Championship game at home instead of in SF.

You're a Coach, so you should know this, but ask any Coach in any sport, and they will tell you the #1 most important thing you can do is win games at home. Especially against teams you have no business losing to. Now you will say (it happens...Duke vs SFA). Sure, it happens, but me personally, I couldn't care less about who else loses to who on their home floor/field. It does NOTHING to make me say "oh well then that Excuses the Packers or MU for losing that game at home to (insert crap opponent). I want my teams to be better than that.

It is 100% complete fallacy and not even possible to do when people say "well, they just have to get that back on the road somewhere". Doesn't work like that. Once you lose a game at home, there isn't anything you can do to "make up for it". Nothing, it's gone. It's like people who say "I gotta catch up on some sleep". That's an impossibility, once you lose it, there's no "catching up" or getting it back.

Had MU not lost that game at home to PC...where would they be right now?? 6-3 and with a win tomorrow, in 2nd place, and only two games behind Hall for 1st...that's doable. But instead, they are tied for third currently and 3 games behind Hall...a significant difference.

So yes, losing games at home to teams you have ZERO business losing to is maddening, frustrating and it infuriates me(and obviously fans from other schools to). Again, it will almost always end up costing you something by the end of the year.

You sound soft
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1670 on: February 08, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »

You’re wrong.

It’s OK when the Anti-Wojo crowd makes new threads and posts.

But if someone who just wants to point out “WE DONT SUCK!” Everyone complains. Get over it. Teams lose. Go dunk somewhere else. You’re weak.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1671 on: February 08, 2020, 07:10:08 PM »
And the reverse, when Wojo loses a game (players usually lose by the way) do we need the histrionics from some here.   Right back at you.

YES WE DO! Cause ners says so. So yes. 🥴

It has become “don’t look at other optics. Only look at negatives!”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1672 on: February 08, 2020, 07:29:29 PM »
Solid win for Creighton over The Johnnies
                       ---Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1673 on: February 08, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »

Palpable hypocrisy

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1674 on: February 08, 2020, 07:48:42 PM »

I find it hilarious. It exposes the goofy people's reaction to a single game. Keep it comin