[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321591 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Big East Non Conference Results
« Reply #1000 on: December 28, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »
Turner (Bearden's real name) has been one of the worst shooters in all of college basketball. Just brutal.

He was also their main facilitator on offense, even with the bad shooting.  He’s a big loss for them at the moment
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1001 on: December 28, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »
Also had uw-madison as a 5 point dog at Tennessee today. They are murdering the Vols

I told my son before the game today UW-madison wins by at least 8....Tennessee lost a MAJOR player for the year earlier this week.  With UW's  defense, that's tough to come out of for UT until they have gone some time playing with the replacement.  UT will need to get up to speed quickly if they want to remain in it due to the PG injury they had. 

Guard's game.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: December 28, 2019, 04:38:22 PM »
I told my son before the game today UW-madison wins by at least 8....Tennessee lost a MAJOR player for the year earlier this week.  With UW's  defense, that's tough to come out of for UT until they have gone some time playing with the replacement.  UT will need to get up to speed quickly if they want to remain in it due to the PG injury they had. 

Guard's game.

MUScoop’s resident shark does it again.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1003 on: December 28, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
Solid 31 point cupcake win for Butler over Louisiana- Monroe. Derrick Smits back in the line up with 16 points in 12 minutes.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: December 28, 2019, 05:03:28 PM »
Very real chance we are 0-2 to start conference play. Tough to win on the road and Nova is gonna be a challenge.

Also a very real chance we are 2-0.

Or 1-1.

But I know what you're saying ... we certainly could start 0-2 with those 2 tough games. So it's a good thing that there will be 16 more regular-season conference games to go after those 2.

Another good thing: Everybody will stay nice and calm, knowing that it's a long season, and peace will reign over all of ScoopLand.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1005 on: December 28, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »
Creighton wins the final cupcake of the day. Doesn't count in NET etc because it was against an NAIA team. Nova has two  non con games later this year against U Conn and Temple. Should be opportunity to put Quality Wins on the board.

This thread being is now being renamed Big East Conference Results.

Looking forward to a great conference season. First two games on Monday :  X at Nova and Seton Hall at DePaul.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: December 28, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »

Yep. Another spot on prediction/analysis shared with the Scoop community after the fact. How does he do it?

BTW, told my granddaughter this morning that LSU would rout Oklahoma by 35. Burrow just too good - QB’s game.

Gave her my insight on Clemson vs OSU, too. I’ll publish the lowdown 4 hours from now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:08:25 PM by Lennys Tap »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1008 on: December 28, 2019, 08:04:42 PM »

examples after examples where I gave you clear wins days, even weeks before the games even played....but of course you ignore all those....Cowboys, Patriots, Wisconsin football, Minnesota football, and on and on....but of course...it's what you do, P.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1009 on: December 28, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
Excellent Research Report on early success of The Johnnies New Coach

https://nypost.com/2019/12/22/mike-anderson-gives-surprising-st-johns-everything-it-lacked/h
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: December 29, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
Powell will be back Friday according to Willard. I thought the initial prognosis was longer.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »
Powell will be back Friday according to Willard. I thought the initial prognosis was longer.
Friday for sure, possibly some minutes against DePaul
https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/12/29/seton-hall-basketball-myles-powell-depaul/2768797001/
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1013 on: December 30, 2019, 12:03:01 PM »
DePaul Student Newspaper solid research report on eve of their conference opener versus The Hall.

https://depauliaonline.com/45121/sports/column-as-depaul-gets-ready-to-begin-conference-play-its-time-they-start-thinking-big/
                       ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: December 30, 2019, 12:12:23 PM »
DePaul Student Newspaper solid research report on eve of their conference opener versus The Hall.

https://depauliaonline.com/45121/sports/column-as-depaul-gets-ready-to-begin-conference-play-its-time-they-start-thinking-big/

They keep referring to it just being a rough decade. By my count they've had one "meh I guess it wasn't horrible" season since 2004.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1015 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »
Nova up 7 on Xavier with about 12 minutes to go.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1016 on: December 30, 2019, 07:09:24 PM »
52-45 Nova 7:47 left. Game on campus at Nova.

---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: December 30, 2019, 07:21:09 PM »

I swear it’s like the boy who cried wolf with this kid.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1018 on: December 30, 2019, 07:48:12 PM »
Nova all alone in first place....holding serve on home court will be the name of the game this entire Big East season.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: December 30, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
I swear it’s like the boy who cried wolf with this kid.

That's a Willard issue. Powell isn't the one giving inaccurate timelines.

It also was just a concussion. It didn't make sense that he'd be out long term.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1020 on: December 30, 2019, 08:28:44 PM »
That's a Willard issue. Powell isn't the one giving inaccurate timelines.

It also was just a concussion. It didn't make sense that he'd be out long term.
I listened to the pre game on the radio with Willard. He said Powell was cleared on the 23rd. However he had only worked out with the team  the last two days essentially out for two weeks and needs to regain his conditioning. 
                       ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: December 30, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »
Powell playing and chucking now.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1022 on: December 30, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
DePaul up 6 at the half. Hard to tell from the camera angle, but looks like many of the lower level seats are filled, so maybe 3,500-4,000 attendance. For DePaul that is a lot.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1023 on: December 30, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »
DePaul up 6 at the half. Hard to tell from the camera angle, but looks like many of the lower level seats are filled, so maybe 3,500-4,000 attendance. For DePaul that is a lot.
I actually see people in the upper deck behind the basket. I would guess more.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: December 30, 2019, 08:49:25 PM »
I actually see people in the upper deck behind the basket. I would guess more.

My understanding is that's where their student section is
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback