[Today at 09:05:48 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you listening to? Podcasts  (Read 11468 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: What are you listening to? Podcasts
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2020, 11:15:58 PM »
The new season of Gangster Capitalism is nuts (in a good way).

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2020, 10:16:01 AM »
The new season of Gangster Capitalism is nuts (in a good way).

Fantastic!! 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »
Has anyone listened to "The Dream"? It's about MLMs/pyramid schemes/direct sales.

No surprise, but the amount of interaction between the highest levels of federal government and these fraudulent companies is staggering.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2020, 09:14:21 AM »
New fiction recommendation:  Wooden Overcoats. Silly British humor and very clever. Well produced.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
Bumping this.  Have a 7 hour car ride this afternoon and just caught up on all my podcasts.  Any good ones people have recently listened to?  I mostly listen to sports podcasts and a couple murder mystery ones (Up and Vanished was my favorite so far).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

panda

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2022, 12:22:06 PM »
Bumping this.  Have a 7 hour car ride this afternoon and just caught up on all my podcasts.  Any good ones people have recently listened to?  I mostly listen to sports podcasts and a couple murder mystery ones (Up and Vanished was my favorite so far).

Craig kilbourn has a new pod out that’s entertaining

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2022, 01:19:49 PM »
I absolutely love anything done by chef David Chang. I listen to his podcast “The Dave Chang Show” regularly. He is so smart. Other food and food culture shows I listen to are “Proof” and “The Sporkful.” My other always up to date is “I’m Okay You’re Okay I’m Not Okay You’re Not Okay” with Bob Schneider and Clint Wells. Bob Schneider is one of my most favorite song writers, and he is creative, funny, cringy, thought provoking. It’s mostly light.

Non-food, I love “Gangster Capitalism,” I really got into “Louder Than A Riot,” of course “Revisionist History,” “The Pitch, “In the Dark,” “More Perfect,” “Opening Arguments,” “Philosophize This,” “Reply All,” “Radiolab,” “The Argument,” “Broken Record,” “Code Switch,” “Decoder Ring,” “Invisibilia,” “The Skeptics Guide to the Universe,” “The Stoop,” “You Are Not So Smart.”

I like crime podcasts, too, so “Serial,” “Cold,” “Broken Harts.” And, I’ve listened to several business ones from Wondery. I like quick hitters like “Daily Stoic” and daily ones from NPR, too like “Planet Money.” So many.

A few on my list that I haven’t listened to yet are “Slow Burn,” “Uniquely Milwaukee,” “World’s Greatest Con,” “Stuff the British Stole,” “The Just Enough Family,” “Swindled,” “Stuff To Blow Your Mind,” “Still Processing.” I have a bunch more in the library.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
I absolutely love anything done by chef David Chang. I listen to his podcast “The Dave Chang Show” regularly. He is so smart. Other food and food culture shows I listen to are “Proof” and “The Sporkful.” My other always up to date is “I’m Okay You’re Okay I’m Not Okay You’re Not Okay” with Bob Schneider and Clint Wells. Bob Schneider is one of my most favorite song writers, and he is creative, funny, cringy, thought provoking. It’s mostly light.

Non-food, I love “Gangster Capitalism,” I really got into “Louder Than A Riot,” of course “Revisionist History,” “The Pitch, “In the Dark,” “More Perfect,” “Opening Arguments,” “Philosophize This,” “Reply All,” “Radiolab,” “The Argument,” “Broken Record,” “Code Switch,” “Decoder Ring,” “Invisibilia,” “The Skeptics Guide to the Universe,” “The Stoop,” “You Are Not So Smart.”

I like crime podcasts, too, so “Serial,” “Cold,” “Broken Harts.” And, I’ve listened to several business ones from Wondery. I like quick hitters like “Daily Stoic” and daily ones from NPR, too like “Planet Money.” So many.

A few on my list that I haven’t listened to yet are “Slow Burn,” “Uniquely Milwaukee,” “World’s Greatest Con,” “Stuff the British Stole,” “The Just Enough Family,” “Swindled,” “Stuff To Blow Your Mind,” “Still Processing.” I have a bunch more in the library.

The only thing I've seen David Chang on is Who Wants to be a Millionaire when he won the million dollars for his charity.  He seemed like a really cool guy, so maybe his podcast will be the one I listen to on the way home.  Thanks!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »
The only thing I've seen David Chang on is Who Wants to be a Millionaire when he won the million dollars for his charity.  He seemed like a really cool guy, so maybe his podcast will be the one I listen to on the way home.  Thanks!

You bet! He’s more than “just a chef” as he is part of Acre Venture Partners, has several restaurants, a food company Mokofuku, a media company Majordomo Media, a Discord community, and TV shows on Netflix and Hulu and is making more. He is smart, forward thinking, and honest. He also has another podcast called “Recipe Club.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2022, 08:43:32 AM »
I'm sure anyone who listened to Serial already knows that Adnan Seyed was released from prison yesterday after having his conviction thrown out.  He was not exonerated, though.  It's pretty crazy how mishandled the case was originally, given the reasons for throwing out his conviction.  It will be interesting to see if he will be retried (sounds like no) or if either of the two other suspects end up getting arrested down the line.  I believe he had the conviction overturned twice before as well, but was retried and never left prison.

For those who listened to the podcast, don't remember all the details, but don't want to relisten to the whole podcast, I found an HBO documentary on HBO Max that does a good job of recapping everything.  It's called The Case Against Adnan Seyed from 2019 and brings up the information that did wind up getting his conviction thrown out yesterday.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2023, 03:35:06 PM »
Listened to the Journal Sentinel “Unsolved” podcast.  Fourth season of it, first in a few years, this one on the Alexis Patterson case.  Fascinating stuff.  Worth a listen to
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”