collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Saudis and sports  (Read 3942 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Saudis and sports
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2023, 06:09:21 PM »
Tap rebounds to himself to pad his stats.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2023, 06:36:18 PM »
Tap rebounds to himself to pad his stats.

LOL.

I'm sad I didn't get to see Moses play.    He was absolutely dominant on the hs level by all accounts and among the most underrated NBA players ever after Mr Baylor. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
  this post should be in the top 5 of the scoop-dom archives!

love your balanced thought process 21jump

i know there are many here on this board who may disagree on "stuff" and thru the anonymity of the internet, speak differently toward each other; as opposed to how they would if they were to meet in person.  after i've met a few here on the board either personally or via pm, my opinions changed, mostly toward respect.  some have become great friends.  provocative people invite either animosity or debate.  i am guilty of falling for the provocateurs, but your posts bring me back to the side of healthy conversation

ok, back to the saudi's- what would Jesus do?  ;)

True story, Rocket, we all need others to challenge and balance us. Appreciate the kindness, and I have to be honest, I wrote my post hastily, posted it hastily, went into the new Spider Man movie with my 16 yo (I’m not trying to re-hijack this thread, I know this belongs in the what are tou watching, but it was awesome!) and couldn’t stop thinking about how poorly I worded my post, how poorly I did trying to be balanced or thoughtful, how I should have included different examples of friends who are ardent “liberals” and the like. So, I appreciate your words and know that I can do WAY better.

As far as Jesus and the Saudi’s, my thought is we as humans wouldn’t let Jesus make the decision. This won’t be popular, but I think Jesus or a Jesus figure/prophet/whatever we want to call it also exists in Islam, maybe even from the same stories, maybe even the same creation. So, I think Jesus would forgive, I think he would listen, he would help them acknowledge and examine their fears and why they are doing what they do. If I wanted to be an instigator or as you say a provocateur, I would say Jesus “created” a religion that is also less favorable to women, so maybe he’d say cool.

I have such a little understanding of Saudi culture and religion. Sure, like a lot of people I’m very close friends with Muslims (albeit Syrian mostly), have had many a lengthy conversation about their beliefs, candidly I’m a raised, confirmed Catholic who has since become pro-faith in people and life on earth and anti-religion, but I don’t know enough to say it’s only about sportswashing and it’s wholly negative. I’ve read it’s about getting their population of young people more excited about their country, giving people a reason to both stay in SA and to visit SA, that investing in foreign sports isn’t just about sweeping atrocities under the rug if at all. So, the next time I speak with someone from that area of the universe, I’ll ask. My guess is they will have a perspective I haven’t heard.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
Its only fair to ax, WWMD (what would Moses do), aina?
Moses wouldn’t put up with any false idols, for sure

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2023, 01:45:30 PM »
I don’t care who the owners of Sports teams are . I just enjoy watching talented athletes compete.

Fair point, you don't gather enough personal wealth to be a sports team owner by NOT stepping on a lot of necks along the way.

Uncle Rico

• All American
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

shoothoops

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2023, 04:33:22 PM »
Riyadh Season announced the Riyadh Season Tennis Cup will take place December 26-27 at the new Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
On December 26, Aryna Sabalenka will face Ons Jabeur and on December 27, Novak Djokovic takes on Carlos Alcaraz.

feedback