[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Recipe Thread  (Read 1518 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Recipe Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2023, 04:10:23 PM »
That's awesome. The only downside is fitting it in the sink dishwasher? haha

FIFY

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2023, 04:37:10 PM »
FIFY

I assumed it was wood, and wood things shouldn't go in the dishwasher.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2023, 05:33:40 PM »
Speaking of which, my kids bought me a really large cutting board for Father's Day. I love it. It's a pleasure to work on. My other one isn't small...but having a really large one is great.

Awesome. Anyone who cares about food  should have a large wood cutting board along with at least three badass knives.  I'm trying to improve my knife skills and other cooking techniques.  Always buy prime-time produce, herbs, and olive oil.  Fun trick with herbs....I keep my leftovers frozen in ice trays.  In particular mint and cilantro.  Another cool trick I've learned recently is how to peel ginger. I never knew that scraping the outer layer with a teaspoon was the best method!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:57:24 PM by MuggsyB »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2023, 08:53:32 PM »
I assumed it was wood, and wood things shouldn't go in the dishwasher.

In that case,  you just to slap her on the ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2023, 07:33:15 PM »
For Scoopers that use Saffron in their cooking I've finally figured out how to extract the most flavor.  Mortar and Pestle to grind, ice cubes, and that's it.  I've seen a handful of other methods, none of them work as well. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2023, 07:57:04 PM »
For Scoopers that use Saffron in their cooking I've finally figured out how to extract the most flavor.  Mortar and Pestle to grind, ice cubes, and that's it.  I've seen a handful of other methods, none of them work as well.

Interesting. So, grind the saffron and then grind the ice in the M&P too? Is this akin to “blooming” the saffron?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2023, 08:03:52 PM »
Interesting. So, grind the saffron and then grind the ice in the M&P too? Is this akin to “blooming” the saffron?

Exactly but you don't need to grind the ice, just let it melt.  Then add the liquified saffron to whatever dish you're preparing or marinating.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2023, 08:10:54 PM »
Exactly but you don't need to grind the ice, just let it melt.  Then add the liquified saffron to whatever dish you're preparing or marinating.

Huh, thanks for the tip. The cold water does a better job than hot? I would not have guessed that.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2023, 08:18:47 PM »
Huh, thanks for the tip. The cold water does a better job than hot? I would not have guessed that.

I thought the exact same thing and I've steeped saffron in hot water for 10-15 mins.  It does not work as well as the ice method with multiple tests.  Now maybe if you need to stretch the saffron for awhile you go with hot water and a pinch of salt for each use but with 3 tests each I will stand by the ice. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2023, 09:06:58 PM »
Pepero is better than Pocky btw.