[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette soccer (Men and Women)  (Read 6073 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Marquette soccer (Men and Women)
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »
When does MU name it’s new women’s coach?  In play?
[/quote

Not sure. Signed classes began Nov 13, and MU had a few despite the change the week prior. It's in its 5th week.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 03:57:15 PM »
Yes...EVERY ONE does....EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And your 2 year anniversary at Scoop is next month...since you are “new here”.
just like baby Yoda is 50. It.takes awhile. You have probably met him(her) too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 05:26:26 PM »
just like baby Yoda is 50. It.takes awhile. You have probably met him(her) too.

Nope.  Happy early 2 year anniversary dog.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 09:32:06 AM »
If Marquette was waiting for the NCAA tourney to end to announce a new women's soccer coach...well...that came and went last week.

We could take a poll to see how long it will take to announce a coach.

6 weeks
2 months
6 months
No coach just roll the ball out and play.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
If Marquette was waiting for the NCAA tourney to end to announce a new women's soccer coach...well...that came and went last week.

We could take a poll to see how long it will take to announce a coach.

6 weeks
2 months
6 months
No coach just roll the ball out and play.

Ever been involved in a college coaching search? You don’t just hire someone and these things take time, especially if it involves current head coaches. You’re also often battling other schools too and sometimes non-athletics issues (e.g., custody issues). Notre Dame didn’t hire their MSOC coach until a January after the G-town coach turned them down. Similar for Oregon State.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »
Ever been involved in a college coaching search? You don’t just hire someone and these things take time, especially if it involves current head coaches. You’re also often battling other schools too and sometimes non-athletics issues (e.g., custody issues). Notre Dame didn’t hire their MSOC coach until a January after the G-town coach turned them down. Similar for Oregon State.

Brian Wiese has his Georgetown team playing in the National Championship game tomorrow, for the 2nd time. 8 NCAA's past 10 years, 5 Big East Regular Season Titles, 4 Big East Conference Tourney Titles. Are you saying this is the level of success that MU can expect for its men's and women's programs moving forward? Since you are comparing the two searches. The MU men's coach has had four winning seasons in 14 seasons total. He has won double digit games twice in 14 seasons. He hasn't had a winning season in six seasons and hasn't made the NCAA's in seven seasons. (2 NCAA's in 14 seasons) And he of course is still the men's coach. So yes perhaps my expectations are too high. Hopefully we will hear about the new women's coach in the near future.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »

Why this is true, the reality is MU knew for more than six weeks that Roeders wouldn't be back.  I suspect MU is closer to a decision than January.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
And there it is...

Georgetown wins its first ever Soccer National Title.

Georgetown 3 Virginia 3 OT
(Georgetown 7 Virginia 6 PK's)

It's the 3rd National Title for the Big East. St. John's 1996, Connecticut 2000.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »
And there it is...

Georgetown wins its first ever Soccer National Title.

Georgetown 3 Virginia 3 OT
(Georgetown 7 Virginia 6 PK's)

It's the 3rd National Title for the Big East. St. John's 1996, Connecticut 2000.
Didnt even know it was on . I turned on Womens Volleyball and saw the shootout. Nice win for the conference, but too many sports bra looking things afterwards. Not sure why half the team decided to take off their shirts,

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2019, 12:37:21 PM »
Didnt even know it was on . I turned on Womens Volleyball and saw the shootout. Nice win for the conference, but too many sports bra looking things afterwards. Not sure why half the team decided to take off their shirts,

The sports bras worn by some players were created to measure their performance on the field, in training, and in games. The support has a GPS system that allows collection of info of the physical state of the player, and it sends info in real time

Highly entertaining game between two of the best teams I saw this year.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2019, 12:48:25 PM »

Our men’s basketball team wears them as well, data monitoring.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 12:55:33 PM »
Our men’s basketball team wears them as well, data monitoring.
I know that. Didnt know they wear them in game. To tie this i to the cheating thread, wonder if these can be.modified to shoot some performance enhancements into the users.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
Brian Wiese has his Georgetown team playing in the National Championship game tomorrow, for the 2nd time. 8 NCAA's past 10 years, 5 Big East Regular Season Titles, 4 Big East Conference Tourney Titles. Are you saying this is the level of success that MU can expect for its men's and women's programs moving forward? Since you are comparing the two searches. The MU men's coach has had four winning seasons in 14 seasons total. He has won double digit games twice in 14 seasons. He hasn't had a winning season in six seasons and hasn't made the NCAA's in seven seasons. (2 NCAA's in 14 seasons) And he of course is still the men's coach. So yes perhaps my expectations are too high. Hopefully we will hear about the new women's coach in the near future.

The only mention of Georgetown was that Wiese turned down Notre Dame, extending ND's search into January. Oregon State was turned down by multiple candidates extending theirs into January as well
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »
Former 19 year MU assistant Frank Pelaez was named new MU women's soccer head coach. He spent the past 5 years as an assistant to former MU assistant Barry Bimbi at Loyola Chicago.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Former 19 year MU assistant Frank Pelaez was named new MU women's soccer head coach. He spent the past 5 years as an assistant to former MU assistant Barry Bimbi at Loyola Chicago.

Frank and I worked together at MU...very happy for him.  Just shot him a note on Facebook.  He's been waiting for this opportunity for a long time.  Hopefully works out for all involved.

feedback