[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Give me a break Joey  (Read 45669 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Give me a break Joey
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2019, 10:45:39 PM »
Sir, this is an Arby's.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »
First time i agree with guru
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2019, 06:49:37 AM »
I really hope Micah Potter and Joey get their waivers now. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

muguru

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
I really hope Micah Potter and Joey get their waivers now.

For the record, I have ZERO issue with Joey getting one, I guess I have to make that clear. Potter has ZERO business getting one, he does NOT meet the standard to get one.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2019, 07:03:48 AM »
For the record, I have ZERO issue with Joey getting one, I guess I have to make that clear. Potter has ZERO business getting one, he does NOT meet the standard to get one.

Really? I would suspect the other way around. Didn’t Potter not play at OSU last year and just stay to complete the semester? I think he has a much stronger case than Joey (without knowing any behind the scenes stuff).

Is it because he’s a Badger he shouldn’t get the waiver? I don’t think either have a strong case, but I can see Potter’s argument.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2019, 07:59:06 AM »
Neither of them meet the standard for a waiver, but comparing the two cases it would be Potter with the better argument.  The NCAA responded rather quickly to Joey, as they should...it’s a non-starter from the get go.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2019, 08:01:37 AM »
Not all appeals are bad, don't put words in my mouth. Appeals are bad and a waste of time and resources when someone knows they are guilty as hell(and the evidence proves that), and still appeal because well..they are trying to hopefully somehow, someway beat the system, like it shouldn't apply to them, even though again, they know they are guilty. In the case of Micah Potter, he KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt he has no case, but just because some others have gotten waivers(even though every case is different), he decides to appeal, for no other reason then he can, so why not just keep appealing until we can't anymore, and maybe if nothing else they will get tired of dealing with me and give me a waiver anyway, even though I don't meet the criteria for one.

That's what this world has become...it's all about wanting something for nothing, being fair and being offended by every little thing, and because someone else got this or that, I should to, even if you don't deserve it. Sultan supports a world like this

I support a system that allows people to file appeals when the rules allow it.  I don't know why that is strange.

I mean, the concept of appeals has been around in various leagal systems historically for millenia.  This isn't something recent. 

And yes I want the world to be more fair.  I still can't quite understand why that's a problem for you. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »

I hope Micah Potter gets his waiver

muguru

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »

Of course you do...of course you do Rico..even if it means he would play against MU, go off for 30 and help UW beat MU. That's not what's important though, right?? Not to mention, he'd be getting one unjustly..HE DOESN'T MEET THE CRITERIA. Hand outs for everyone! That's one of your strongest beliefs Rico.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
Of course you do...of course you do Rico..even if it means he would play against MU, go off for 30 and help UW beat MU. That's not what's important though, right?? Not to mention, he'd be getting one unjustly..HE DOESN'T MEET THE CRITERIA. Hand outs for everyone! That's one of your strongest beliefs Rico.

How do you know he doesn't meet the criteria for a waiver?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2019, 09:11:38 AM »

It’s not what’s important.  It’s just a basketball game. 

leever

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »
Bananas!  They have both appeal and a peal

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »
Sitting here at Columbus Ohio airport at my gate waiting to fly home.  Just saw and heard Clark Kellogg talking 20 feet away.  Should I ask him what he thinks of Joey's letter writing techniques?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »

Ditto.

The day when athlete/students no longer have to sit out a year after transferring will come. And college basketball and football will survive, just as they survived all the other things over the last half-century or more that many thought would spell certain doom.

EDIT: fixed typo.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:10:34 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2019, 10:01:44 AM »
Ditto.

The day when athlete/students have to sit out a year after transferring will come. And college basketball and football will survive, just as they survived all the other things over the last half-century or more that many thought would spell certain doom.

It has already came you buffoon!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »

Priceless.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2019, 10:09:38 AM »
How do you know he doesn't meet the criteria for a waiver?

Because look at his case, the bylaws are pretty clear. Oh and in case you forgot, you also have said he doesn't meet it. No going back on that now.  ;)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »

I omitted a word and just edited it.

But yes, now that you mention it, I do feel like a buffoon for having to be corrected by somebody who can't spell and who thinks grammar is the old woman he wants to shtup.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »
This thread sums up our little basketball board quite nicely.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
This thread sums up our little basketball board quite nicely.

This board is demonstrably worse than it was even a couple years ago, in my opinion. Almost every thread eventually becomes insufferable, and it's almost always because of the same few posters.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
Agreed—you have to weed through all the stupidity and agenda seekers to get real MUBB info.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »
This board is demonstrably worse than it was even a couple years ago, in my opinion. Almost every thread eventually becomes insufferable, and it's almost always because of the same few posters.

It directly coincided with Sultan's return...just sayin'

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2019, 05:00:35 PM »
It directly coincided with Sultan's return...just sayin'
You're blissfully unaware of irony, aren't you?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
Didn’t Potter not play at OSU last year and just stay to complete the semester?

No. This is a false narrative people keep reading/believing. He decided during the first semester that he wanted to transfer. His decision, during the semester, not before. So the fact that he didn't transfer until the end of the semester, vs. dropping classes and not advancing his education, is not something that should be praised.. it's like, "duhhhh,... when he decided to not continue playing at that school, he finished up the classes he was already mid-way through and then jetted... " big effin deal.

Sit the year in residence, you turd.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
You're blissfully unaware of irony, aren't you?

Post of the week.

feedback