[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Give me a break Joey  (Read 45243 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Give me a break Joey
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 07:01:03 PM »
NCAA denies the waiver request,  MSU appeals.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2019/10/22/michigan-state-basketball-joey-hauser-ncaa/2449391001/

They publicly say it’s a long shot yet they are still fighting it?  That’s has to hurt your case when you call it a long shot.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Why do we care again that Joey is seeking a waiver to play immediately?  He doesn't play for us anymore and we have a preseason top 25 team.  Not to mention the NCAA rules are ridiculous as it is that players are forced to sit for a year by some archaic transfer rule.

Because the rules aren’t archaic, because free agency in college basketball would be a nightmare, and because he should have to sit.

Good for the NCAA denying the request.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 07:27:58 PM »

They publicly say it’s a long shot yet they are still fighting it?  That’s has to hurt your case when you call it a long shot.
Nothing to lose.  With the team Sparty has, a healthy Joey could put them over the top, even coming off the bench and doing nothing but being a spot up shooter.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »

Micah Potter of Wisconsin was denied, and he too is appealing. But, Sultan will be here soon to tell us that it's the student athletes right to do so, and we should leave them alone, even though they will be denied again and just waste everyone's time and resources.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
Nothing to lose.  With the team Sparty has, a healthy Joey could put them over the top, even coming off the bench and doing nothing but being a spot up shooter.
Thought I read that one of their front court guys is out until January with a foot issue...same guy that missed a bunch of last season with same foot issue.  Could be the motivation to get Joey out there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2019, 07:32:09 PM »
Langford didn't play against Gonzaga.  No down side for MSU to appeal.

edit:  Langford out until January.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:51:34 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2019, 07:36:18 PM »
Micah Potter of Wisconsin was denied, and he too is appealing. But, Sultan will be here soon to tell us that it's the student athletes right to do so, and we should leave them alone, even though they will be denied again and just waste everyone's time and resources.

If it helps the team, shouldn’t MSU take every possible step? The NCAA opened this door by head scratching decisions and inconsistency.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »
If it helps the team, shouldn’t MSU take every possible step? The NCAA opened this door by head scratching decisions and inconsistency.

Joey I understand a bit more, you are talking a full year(even though he knew that when he transferred). Micah Potter however has ZERO grounds for appeal(other than, "I can so I'm going to"). His case doesn't meet the criteria to be granted a waiver, and with him, he only has to miss one semester...big deal. Those are the rules, he knew that when he transferred.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »

Yes. The rules allow for an appeal so I’m not sure why you criticize them for actually appealing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2019, 08:03:48 PM »
Yes. The rules allow for an appeal so I’m not sure why you criticize them for actually appealing.

Murderers, rapists, etc all have the right to keep appealing their verdicts, too...until they run out of appeals, I'm 100% certain you support that too. You're one of these "if i don't get my way, let's sue or appeal until i do get my way" type of people. That speaks volumes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2019, 08:24:07 PM »
Cut the crap.  Joey isn't a criminal and appeals are permitted and cost you nothing.    I doubt it matters as I don't think Joey has a case.  Bit there is zero reason to lake it a personal attack.   Weak sauce.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
Murderers, rapists, etc all have the right to keep appealing their verdicts, too...until they run out of appeals, I'm 100% certain you support that too. You're one of these "if i don't get my way, let's sue or appeal until i do get my way" type of people. That speaks volumes.

Yes. Our justice system allows criminals to appeal. That is their right and should be respected. So yes I support that as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2019, 08:31:02 PM »

Appeals have led to the exoneration of more tha. 150 people on death row and literally hundreds of others serving time for crimes they didn't commit.
muguru thinks appeals are bad.
That speaks volumes.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »
Appeals have led to the exoneration of more tha. 150 people on death row and literally hundreds of others serving time for crimes they didn't commit.
muguru thinks appeals are bad.
That speaks volumes.

Not all appeals are bad, don't put words in my mouth. Appeals are bad and a waste of time and resources when someone knows they are guilty as hell(and the evidence proves that), and still appeal because well..they are trying to hopefully somehow, someway beat the system, like it shouldn't apply to them, even though again, they know they are guilty. In the case of Micah Potter, he KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt he has no case, but just because some others have gotten waivers(even though every case is different), he decides to appeal, for no other reason then he can, so why not just keep appealing until we can't anymore, and maybe if nothing else they will get tired of dealing with me and give me a waiver anyway, even though I don't meet the criteria for one.

That's what this world has become...it's all about wanting something for nothing, being fair and being offended by every little thing, and because someone else got this or that, I should to, even if you don't deserve it. Sultan supports a world like this
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:48:56 PM by muguru »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
Yes. Our justice system allows criminals to appeal. That is their right and should be respected. So yes I support that as well.

Go watch more CNN, you also obviously respect them as a viable news source too. Your thoughts and ideas are in lockstep with them. Not surprisingly.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2019, 08:47:16 PM »
Not all appeals are bad, don't put words in my mouth. Appeals are bad and a waste of time and resources when someone knows rthey are guilty as hell(and the evidence proves that), and still appeal because well..they are trying to hopefully somehow, someway beat the system, like it shouldn't apply to them, even though again, they know they are guilty. In the case of Micah Potter, he KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt he has no case, but just because some others have gotten waivers(even though every case is different), he decides to appeal, for no other reason then he can, so why not just keep appealing until we can;t anymore, and maybe if nothing else they will get tired of dealing with me and give me a waiver anyway, even though I don't meet the criteria for one.

That's what this world has become...it's all about wanting something for nothing, being fair and being offended by every little thing, and because someone else got this or that, I should to, even if you don't deserve it. Sultan supports a world like this
Lol @scooptakes
Goal is National Championship

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »
So apparently appeals are good when guru says they are good. But bad when guru says they are bad.

What article of the Constitution is that clause listed?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2019, 08:48:56 PM »
Go watch more CNN, you also obviously respect them as a viable news source too. Your thoughts and ideas are in lockstep with them. Not surprisingly.

I haven’t watched cable news in years and will not be starting now. But thanks for the recommendation.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »
Grimes did get a waiver, supposedly because KU didn't have a scholarship for him if he came back.  Good on Wojo to have the foresight not to oversign last spring.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »
Grimes did get a waiver, supposedly because KU didn't have a scholarship for him if he came back.  Good on Wojo to have the foresight not to oversign last spring.

So Grimes was Self cut?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »
Oh...my apologies, I didn't realize you use the Huffington Post and others like that as your main news source. It all makes sense now.

Pump the brakes buddy and take a deep breath. This thread is about an ncaa transfer waiver.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2019, 09:21:03 PM »

Well since we're not compensating the players yet, it's fortunate the NCAA has a plethora of 'resources' just lying around

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2019, 09:48:38 PM »
we should leave them alone, even though they will be denied again and just waste everyone's time and resources.

It's not wasting my resources. I doubt it's wasting yours, either. That's two people whose resources aren't being wasted, so it obviously isn't "everyone's."

And not that a college basketball player wanting to play immediately is even remotely similar to a "criminal" filing an appeal ... but you're right, it's terrible when "criminals" appeal. Especially when they end up being exonerated by DNA evidence or the real criminal being identified, etc.

I know your hero hated it when the Central Park 5 ended up being exonerated. The fact that they weren't executed before they were exonerated ... yet another sign of the wussification of America, right guru?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2019, 10:08:18 PM »
Your position is that our judicial systems shouldn't allow for appeals?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.