Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Joey applied for waiver  (Read 71602 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Joey applied for waiver
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
People doctor shop so they can pretend to be mugged going to the subway at 2:00 AM? What?

I think we have our own doctor shopper on MUScoop!

Anyways, I’ll take those multiple articles on doctors making up diagnoses or writing unnecessary prescriptions to get a transfer waiver anytime now. M

Again, your inability to read.  NO, people commit FRAUD in many ways...like pretending to get mugged going to Subway at 2 in the morning and FRAUDULENTLY claiming you were mugged.  Or fraudulenting getting benefits.  Or fraudulently putting in for disability for insurance.  All kinds of ways it is done. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:06:58 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2019, 12:49:36 PM »
Cheeks going to go out uttering "Jessie" the way Kane did "Rosebud."

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »
Are there any threads on muscoop that chicos has not ruined? IF so could someone plz point me in the right direction?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #328 on: November 25, 2019, 02:36:22 PM »
Who said it is?  I didn’t.  There's a reason I said "OR HEY" in my sentence...new idea, not linking Adderall with opioids, but showing another example of prescriptions being given out like candy by doctors. My point is you can doctor shop for adderall like crazy and students do it.  The best one is claiming ADHD.

I haven’t heard someone talk so much about giving drugs out like candy since Michael Jackson. 

I also haven’t seen someone walk backwards so elegantly since, well, Michael Jackson.

Just out of curiosity... you haven’t been hanging around Macaulay Caulkin lately or taking young boys to theme parks?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #329 on: November 25, 2019, 02:51:51 PM »
I've had to give multiple depositions over the years, but not on medical. 

Let me ask you, why are so many mental health care cases misdiagnosed?  Could it be because that discipline is not an exact science?  It is based on opinion and two highly qualified mental health care professionals can have different viewpoints about the same case?  Thus, if you agree with this statement (and the literature supports how often people are misdiagnosed) how hard would it be for someone to visit multiple doctors until they get the diagnosis they want, especially when it is largely opinion based?  It's not binary where you have cancer or you don't.  Mental health diagnosis are nto always that clear cut.

Look how often ADHD is misdiagnosed instead of depression as just one example. Anxiety, bipolar, OCD...misdiagnosed per the literature at a pretty good clip.

There are gray areas for mental health cases and all medicine (see Leonard, Kawhi).  The problem is, that we have already established, you kind of have to have these things happen to you BEFORE you announce you are transferring.  Sure you could announce you are transferring, then go find a  physician for some diagnosis and then it would looks super suspicious and never be approved.  I work with hundreds of medical professionals every day and the idea that one of them would risk their medical license so a college student doesn't have to take a transfer year, is ludicrous.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2019, 04:50:28 PM »
I haven’t heard someone talk so much about giving drugs out like candy since Michael Jackson. 

I also haven’t seen someone walk backwards so elegantly since, well, Michael Jackson.

Just out of curiosity... you haven’t been hanging around Macaulay Caulkin lately or taking young boys to theme parks?

Dammit, I just spit tea all over my screen.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »
There are gray areas for mental health cases and all medicine (see Leonard, Kawhi).  The problem is, that we have already established, you kind of have to have these things happen to you BEFORE you announce you are transferring.  Sure you could announce you are transferring, then go find a  physician for some diagnosis and then it would looks super suspicious and never be approved.  I work with hundreds of medical professionals every day and the idea that one of them would risk their medical license so a college student doesn't have to take a transfer year, is ludicrous.

Sorry but have to disagree. Doctors are doing a lot of things in order to keep patients and maintain their life style.  Here is an article from earlier in the year which tracked opioid prescriptions from 2010 to 2016. Notice that there were significant prescriptions over the recommended dosages for all types of surgeries. Also noticed that it peaked in 2010 which is when we were coming out of a downturn.

I don’t think every doctor or the vast majority would take the risk but you only need to find one that will and there are those associated to the programs who would do it for the team.

Also note there were two current famous doctors cases that would give athletes drugs in order to provide “treatments”. 

https://www.statnews.com/2019/06/21/surgeons-overprescribed-opioids-analysis-shows/

Pain and mental health are two gray areas which are hard to monitor.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2019, 07:30:01 PM »

I stay away from young boys and girls, I can’t even get the deal with following 17 year old boys on twitter and Instagram like some of you do.   :D.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »
Sorry but have to disagree. Doctors are doing a lot of things in order to keep patients and maintain their life style.  Here is an article from earlier in the year which tracked opioid prescriptions from 2010 to 2016. Notice that there were significant prescriptions over the recommended dosages for all types of surgeries. Also noticed that it peaked in 2010 which is when we were coming out of a downturn.

I don’t think every doctor or the vast majority would take the risk but you only need to find one that will and there are those associated to the programs who would do it for the team.

Also note there were two current famous doctors cases that would give athletes drugs in order to provide “treatments”. 

https://www.statnews.com/2019/06/21/surgeons-overprescribed-opioids-analysis-shows/

Yup

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
I stay away from young boys and girls, I can’t even get the deal with following 17 year old boys on twitter and Instagram like some of you do.   :D.

I neither avoid nor seek out young boys, girls, or 17 year old boys. None of the above are really an issue for me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2019, 09:49:03 PM »
LOL.  We can play this game all day if you wish.  Maybe you should post a Thomas Jefferson quote about the media supporting you, and I post a Thomas Jefferson quote trashing the media for what they do.

Jefferson backs your idea of journalism = Jefferson good

Jefferson goes against your idea of journalism = Jefferson bad

LOL.  Next thing Pakuni will tell me 10,000 economists agree and when 10,000 other economists don't agree...the crickets start chirping.

Nicely shifted goalposts. As usual. This is what you do when you've got nothing except baseless claims.

Oh, and I agree with Harbaugh's second point. So should any reasonable person who values personal freedom.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »
Personal freedom?  So a journalist should be able to write whatever they want...false, true, whatever....because they are exercising their personal freedom.  A player, should be able to leave after game 5 and transfer to a school and play the next week....cuz personal freedom.  A person should be able to not pay taxes...cuz personal freedom.

Or, I don’t know, organizations, companies, gov’t, can have rules / requiremenrs / laws that still allow personal freedom without total chaos.  Hmm.

Why don’t you give your politics a rest.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2019, 09:32:38 PM »
Personal freedom?  So a journalist should be able to write whatever they want...false, true, whatever....because they are exercising their personal freedom.  A player, should be able to leave after game 5 and transfer to a school and play the next week....cuz personal freedom.  A person should be able to not pay taxes...cuz personal freedom.

Or, I don’t know, organizations, companies, gov’t, can have rules / requiremenrs / laws that still allow personal freedom without total chaos.  Hmm.

Mr. Goalpost Shifter strikes again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Joey does not have what it takes for the association.   He will be gone from that discussion like a fart in the wind when he comes back

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
Why don’t you give your politics a rest.

It wasn’t political, apparently personal freedom counts but only so far...right?  At what point does the personal freedom claptrap argument lose its wings?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2019, 07:17:11 AM »
In before the lock.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2019, 07:29:43 AM »

Most physicians want nothing to do with patients addicted to opioids. They cause lots of headaches. And they don’t make any extra income for prescriptions. The article you cited is good, there are lots of problems. The order sets are a systemic problem where you have situations like my son’s who got liquid opioids ordered after his tonsils were removed. However, most physicians make no money in surgical follow ups. That cost is in the surgery. Doesn’t matter if you follow up once or 100 times, so again they aren’t “maintaining their lifestyle” by prescribing opioids.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »
It wasn’t political, apparently personal freedom counts but only so far...right?  At what point does the personal freedom claptrap argument lose its wings?
If you shut down yet another thread do you win a set of steak knives or something?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2019, 10:19:13 AM »
NM

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »
If you shut down yet another thread do you win a set of steak knives or something?

Since you falsely accused me of shutting down an investing thread and still haven’t apologized or retracted that error...

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »
It's funny...or sad, that all of you who constantly argue with and throw insults at Chicos think that the rest of us only think he is annoying.

I will reinstate my request for threads to be renamed when they stop having anything to do with the title of the thread.  Over the years I would get so much of my time back not clicking on threads only to be reminded that the collective schmucks have taken over AGAIN and the title, "doesn't mean what you think it means (anymore)"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2019, 12:53:56 PM »
Most physicians want nothing to do with patients addicted to opioids. They cause lots of headaches. And they don’t make any extra income for prescriptions. The article you cited is good, there are lots of problems. The order sets are a systemic problem where you have situations like my son’s who got liquid opioids ordered after his tonsils were removed. However, most physicians make no money in surgical follow ups. That cost is in the surgery. Doesn’t matter if you follow up once or 100 times, so again they aren’t “maintaining their lifestyle” by prescribing opioids.

Don't you love when you are an expert in your field and people don't believe your statements on said field?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »
It's funny...or sad, that all of you who constantly argue with and throw insults at Chicos think that the rest of us only think he is annoying.

Thank you.  Paraphrasing something my parents used to say to me when I was younger, "It takes two to kill a thread."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:22 PM »

I will reinstate my request for threads to be renamed when they stop having anything to do with the title of the thread.  Over the years I would get so much of my time back not clicking on threads only to be reminded that the collective schmucks have taken over AGAIN and the title, "doesn't mean what you think it means (anymore)"

Seconded.
The Vezini Amendment would require the appending of the word "Inconceivable" to end of such thread titles.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »

It’s funny... or sad, that on many occasions, it may not be any of us doing the arguing or insult throwing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.