[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129136 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »
“Hoopaloop it’s your mother. I found your meds on the counter again this morning, you forgot to take them! Get home ASAP before you do something stupid!”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »
It's not all that subtle.
And as always, the justification for his childish behavior involves portraying himself as a victim.

By the way, Mike, what's your opinion on McCarthy becoming coach?

Where would you draw the line, Mike? Should a guy who's assured of being a #1 draft choice by, say game 4 (football) or game 10 (basketball) quit to protect his status? Can't these guys get insurance policies?

Relax Mike.

We got this. 

This post is Underboard approved.

Really, we got this.

Mike

Frankly, nothing by Mel Brooks was very funny. They were contrived, predictable, and tepid.

Brooks had some moments but generally speaking his movies lacked wit, insight, or depth.

Mike,

I acknowledged I picked one sentence out of your post, and acknowledged that I understood your premise. We likely agree on 90% of the type of kid to recruit and how to recruit them. Funny thing, you noted how Rick used to recruit the Mom and that probably is true to this day. Sadly, for some kids I would recruit, the appeal of seeing multi millionaires strutting their stuff at the Fiserv might mean more than their child getting an education.

There are 100's more.   Want to do the same thing for the others and more importantly, the TOTAL lack of anyone making any comments regarding it from Jesu, you, and others...until today?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #802 on: December 29, 2019, 02:06:32 PM »
My apologies.  I didn't know you were a pathological liar who shifts the goalposts constantly and plays the victim at every chance he can back then, so I made a bet with you.  I should've said, "Now that I know more about you, J, after your many permabans, I would never, ever make a a bet with you."

Now your turn.  Did I say you are the single only person ever, or did I name 3 different people?  Liar.

Also, since you're claiming I'm wrong on the three people in the world (despite your lies claiming I said one) claiming OU should've been left out for #13 (LOL!) Alabama, please provide a link.  I've Googled everything I can think of.  Nothing.  Which agent did you talk to that told you that?

Nice apology...LOL   

You said NO ONE IN THE WORLD and then accused me of being multiple people...so by your definition...the same person.  Ergo, you are still saying I am the only person in the world if what you believe is true....right or wrong?

Now, by your definition using YOUR WORDS that you continue to want to get out of....you said NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD except for me (and the people you accuse me of being...thus all the same person according to you) believes this....NO ONE ELSE.  Not one single person...but you have googled it.   LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #803 on: December 29, 2019, 02:10:02 PM »
Why do you subtlety doxx people that you're in arguments with? You've done the same with fluffy, pakuni, MU82. I'm sure there are others

Appreciate the backup, but please leave me out of this.

It has now been 6 days since I have had any exchanges at all with a certain poster. My goal is to keep that going for a long time. Others are warring with him just fine.

How 'bout Clemson? So many people are so obsessed with whether or not Ohio State got "hosed" that Clemson outplaying OSU for the last 2 1/2 quarters has almost gone unnoticed.

Lawrence would start for several NFL teams. It's a shame that the NFL is going to force him to wait another entire year, risking injury, when he could be making big bucks.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #804 on: December 29, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »
Nice apology...LOL   

You said NO ONE IN THE WORLD and then accused me of being multiple people...so by your definition...the same person.  Ergo, you are still saying I am the only person in the world if what you believe is true....right or wrong?

Now, by your definition using YOUR WORDS that you continue to want to get out of....you said NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD except for me (and the people you accuse me of being...thus all the same person according to you) believes this....NO ONE ELSE.  Not one single person...but you have googled it.   LOL

Wrong. I named 3 people. I apologize on your behalf that you don’t know how to read.

Quit lying, J.

So when you told me to use Google you meant I shouldn’t use Google? I’m a little confused here J. Help me out. What do you want me to do, Google it or should I not Google it?

Please provide me a single link showing someone who thought #13 Alabama should’ve made this year’s CFP over Oklahoma. Just one. I’m getting the feeling you once again have nothing for me so you’ll claim you talked to President Trump in person about it so I’ll just have to take your word.

Shocking!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:14:31 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #805 on: December 29, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »

It has now been 6 days since I have had any exchanges at all with a certain poster. My goal is to keep that going for a long time. Others are warring with him just fine.

How 'bout Clemson? So many people are so obsessed with whether or not Ohio State got "hosed" that Clemson outplaying OSU for the last 2 1/2 quarters has almost gone unnoticed.

Lawrence would start for several NFL teams. It's a shame that the NFL is going to force him to wait another entire year, risking injury, when he could be making big bucks.

Then he should sit out next year and show him who's boss and get off the plantation oppressors that the NFL is for wanting people to be mature physically.  I can only imagine a young kid coming out early, getting hurt badly...because his body wasn't ready and the SJWs here screaming why does the NFL or some regulator prevent these attrocities from happening.

And your last communication with me wasn't 6 days...in fact you sent me a PM on Dec 24th.  The memory is often the first thing to go.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #806 on: December 29, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »
Wrong. I named 3 people. I apologize on your behalf that you don’t know how to read.

Quit lying, J.

So when you told me to use Google you meant I shouldn’t use Google? I’m a little confused here J. Help me out. What do you want me to do, Google it or should I not Google it?

Please provide me a single link showing someone who thought #13 Alabama should’ve made this year’s CFP over Oklahoma. Just one. I’m getting the feeling you once again have nothing for me so you’ll claim you talked to President Trump in person about it so I’ll just have to take your word.

Shocking!

You named 3 people you accused of all being me....thus the same person according to you...not sure why the lying by you continues.  Are you lying that you didn't sugget those 3 posters are all me?  Actually you threw in a 4th, Warrior Dad, too.   Are you going to lie continuously and suggest you didn't say that when I can present many many posts here from you in which you call me one of those names....thus proving beyond all shadows of a doubt you think ONE person.

So, that means you are saying ONE PERSON, not three...not sure why your pathology to lie is so out of hand, but it is here for all to see...or are you denying this now, too?

And now you bring politics into it....also not shocking. 

I want that $500 for charity...man up....not a SINGLE person...man up then, easy money for you.  LOL
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:18:34 PM by Cheeks »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #807 on: December 29, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »
You named 3 people you accused of all being me....thus the same person...not sure why the lying by you continues.  Are you lying that you didn't sugget those 3 posters are all me?  Actually you threw in a 4th, Warrior Dad, too.   Are you going to lie continuously and suggest you didn't say that when I can present many many posts here from you in which you call me one of those names....thus proving beyond all shadows of a doubt you think ONE person.

So, that means you are saying ONE PERSON, not three...not sure why your pathology to lie is so out of hand, but it is here for all to see...or are you denying this now, too?

I remember when I was like 6 years old and couldn’t think of anything creative to say so I just used the same exact thing someone said I was and gave it right back to them. Good job, J!

I’ll take it you don’t have any links to share showing Bama should’ve been in this year’s CFP over Oklahoma. So you’re lying when you say I’m wrong. Quit lying, J.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2019, 02:21:05 PM »
I remember when I was like 6 years old and couldn’t think of anything creative to say so I just used the same exact thing someone said I was and gave it right back to them. Good job, J!

I’ll take it you don’t have any links to share showing Bama should’ve been in this year’s CFP over Oklahoma. So you’re lying when you say I’m wrong. Quit lying, J.

$500 bet for charity....still waiting...

You lie like a 6 year old now in your late 40's?  That's a shame, I'm sure counseling is available for you.  In the last 24 hours three times you have been exposed for doing so and you keep on doing it.  That sounds like a serious problem.

Want a link of at least one person saying it who is not me....$500 for charity....let's do it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2019, 02:22:32 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2019, 02:22:42 PM »

Clemson won because they scored more points.  Some people use the refs as an excuse
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2019, 02:24:09 PM »
So, we've established both of you behave like 6 year olds.

Post one more time, you're grounded.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
Great semifinal. But TV numbers trailed from when semis are put on New Years Day. I really wish they would move the semis to January 1 permanently.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2019, 05:40:53 PM »
Mods, can we do something please? We’re at like a 80% hit rate of Superbar threads being hijacked for agendas. This sucks

tower912

• All American
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »
Please.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:05 PM »
Mods, can we do something please? We’re at like a 80% hit rate of Superbar threads being hijacked for agendas. This sucks

It’ll never happen. Cheeks is Ragnarok of Scoop. It’ll burn to the ground, but the good people of Scoop will find a new home.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »
It takes 2 to fight. Only way to stop it is to ignore him The guy is clearly emotionally disturbed so people should not bait him. Hope he gets help.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #817 on: December 30, 2019, 12:22:24 AM »
It takes 2 to fight. Only way to stop it is to ignore him The guy is clearly emotionally disturbed so people should not bait him. Hope he gets help.

This. But it’s super disappointing just scrolling down every page, only to say unnatural carnal knowledge it there’s no point.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #818 on: December 30, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
Great semifinal. But TV numbers trailed from when semis are put on New Years Day. I really wish they would move the semis to January 1 permanently.
NYD is ratings gold for college football. The powers to be can't make it work. Hurts the growth of the sports.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #819 on: December 30, 2019, 07:45:33 AM »
Monday, December, 30th
SERVPRO Bowl  : Western Kentucky vs. Western Michigan   11:30 am   ESPN

Music City Bowl  : Louisville vs. Mississippi State   3:00 pm   ESPN

Red Box Bowl: California vs. Illinois   3:00 pm   FOX

Orange Bowl  : Florida vs. Virginia   7:00 pm   ESPN
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #820 on: December 30, 2019, 11:06:21 AM »
NYD is ratings gold for college football. The powers to be can't make it work. Hurts the growth of the sports.

They choose to make it not work to protect the sanctity of the Rose Bowl
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2019, 11:09:39 AM »
They choose to make it not work to protect the sanctity of the Rose Bowl

I think it's not just that. I think ABC/ESPN is OK with slightly lesser ratings for the playoffs on Dec. 28 because those ratings will still be massively higher than any other programming they would show that night.
And while the other bowl games on Jan. 1 might not draw quite the ratings as playoff games, they'll still do pretty well because that's what people watch on Jan. 1.
Big picture, they probably get more total viewers this way.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #822 on: December 30, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
I think it's not just that. I think ABC/ESPN is OK with slightly lesser ratings for the playoffs on Dec. 28 because those ratings will still be massively higher than any other programming they would show that night.
And while the other bowl games on Jan. 1 might not draw quite the ratings as playoff games, they'll still do pretty well because that's what people watch on Jan. 1.

That is probably the best take.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #823 on: December 30, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »

You’re probably right.  But Jim Delany loves his Rose Bowl and spent nearly two decades protecting it despite the best interests of the sport.  “Death to the BCS” does a great job covering it

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #824 on: December 30, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"