[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 317178 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1500 on: December 23, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
Skol Vikings
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1501 on: December 23, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/DanDeYoungFB/status/1209159988456886274?s=19

That's one of the most amazing things I've seen this season. Literally, every receiver is wide open except the one Trubisky chooses to throw to. Not sure you can teach him to get better at that. He's already through 3 freakin' seasons.

There have been a lot of dives into this, but the consensus is that RBs with a 400+ touch season typically (though not always) see a big drop in production and increase in injuries the following year.

I'm gonna focus on the (though not always) part of what you said here, and cross my fingers.

Plus, I'll also say that McCaffrey is an amazing receiver. I've never seen a back with better hands. He has made some amazing catches. I'm thinking that if he ever gets to the point where he can no longer carry an offense as a RB, he could be a hell of a possession receiver -- and those guys can play until they are 35+.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1502 on: December 23, 2019, 07:25:20 PM »
Since we're a week away ... Black Monday firing predictions:

Freddie Kitchens
Pat Shurmur
Jason Garrett*
Doug Marrone
Anthony Lynn

I may be wrong here, but I think the Falcons late-season push may have saved Dan Quinn's job, which is dumb.
Ryan Pace can't fire another coach, so unless he goes, Nagy stays.

* Might survive if Cowboys make the playoffs

I cannot imagine Garrett surviving without a Super Bowl appearance. I’d be surprised if Lynn is fired, only one year removed from 12-4 and a playoff win. That franchise is such a dumpster fire right now they have bigger issues.

Agree on the others.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1503 on: December 23, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »
I would not be unhappy if they cut Graham now.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1504 on: December 23, 2019, 08:52:16 PM »
How many mistakes can a team make in one half?

We’re just lucky we’re playing the Queens.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #1505 on: December 23, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »
I thought I would try to find a Packers fan chat since I enjoy the MU version so much during a game.  They must all be Badger fans because I’d prefer to watch by myself than “chat” on that board. Putzes. If that is a word

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1506 on: December 23, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
How many mistakes can a team make in one half?

We’re just lucky we’re playing the Queens.

No need for the patriarchal nonsense.....go Redskins.   ;)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1507 on: December 23, 2019, 09:27:42 PM »
Finally.  Kevin King.
Ludum habemus.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1508 on: December 23, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »
You try to draw a team of sides on 4th down, but burn a timeout with 20 secs on play clock?  WTf?  That is Cowboysesque.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1509 on: December 23, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »
Vikings deserve to lose this game. That third down end around to Theilen followed by that terrible timeout on fourth down to then punt. Awful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1510 on: December 23, 2019, 10:04:26 PM »
Skol Vikings

The team is about as good as the vodka.

Who the hell have the Viqueens been playing that Kirk Cousins has been lighting up? When it comes to Kirk Cousins’s QB play, I LIKE THAT!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1511 on: December 23, 2019, 10:17:26 PM »
Zzzzzzx

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1512 on: December 23, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
Za’Darius isn’t a Pro Bowler. 😂
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1513 on: December 23, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
7 first downs in a home NFL game?

Lotsa credit to the Pack, but an offense has to have a special kind of ineptitude to manage only 7 first downs in a home game.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1514 on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:06 PM »
7 first downs in a home NFL game?

Lotsa credit to the Pack, but an offense has to have a special kind of ineptitude to manage only 7 first downs in a home game.

I kept waiting for “Clutch” Cousins to show up.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1515 on: December 23, 2019, 10:40:51 PM »
By the way, Mike, what's your opinion on McCarthy becoming coach?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1517 on: December 24, 2019, 12:05:21 AM »
Way bigger snubs

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28321825/2020-pro-bowl-snubs-surprises-nfl-experts-audit-afc-nfc-rosters

Yeah I'll go ahead and take Za'Darius over every one of those 5.  Especially over 7-8 in the NFC East with a dominant O line and one of the best backs in the league Dak Prescott.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1518 on: December 24, 2019, 08:17:40 AM »
Yeah I'll go ahead and take Za'Darius over every one of those 5.  Especially over 7-8 in the NFC East with a dominant O line and one of the best backs in the league Dak Prescott.

Barrett, Jones and Mack...who does Smith replace?  Meanwhile, football is a ream game...QBs (or any other position) don’t play defense or Special teams...wins and losses come as a team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1519 on: December 24, 2019, 08:48:11 AM »
Barrett, Jones and Mack...who does Smith replace?  Meanwhile, football is a ream game...QBs (or any other position) don’t play defense or Special teams...wins and losses come as a team.

Just looked at Khalil Mack vs. Za’Darius Smith. Stopped there because that’s already one player he’d easily replace. One guy has 8.5 sacks, 43 tackles, 8 tackles for loss. The other has 13.5 sacks, 47.5 tackles, 17 tackles for loss. I’ll let you decide which is which.

Why are records part of a QB’s stats then? Don’t ever see a running back’s record as a starter mentioned or a safety’s record as a starter. Constantly see a QB’s record.

Kirk Cousins not 0-9 in MNF games?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1520 on: December 24, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »
Just looked at Khalil Mack vs. Za’Darius Smith. Stopped there because that’s already one player he’d easily replace. One guy has 8.5 sacks, 43 tackles, 8 tackles for loss. The other has 13.5 sacks, 47.5 tackles, 17 tackles for loss. I’ll let you decide which is which.

Why are records part of a QB’s stats then? Don’t ever see a running back’s record as a starter mentioned or a safety’s record as a starter. Constantly see a QB’s record.

Records can be made about any player if you wish, and as they properly said last night....it is foolish to do so because it is a team game.  Maybe you had turned off the game by then.  Think about it, a QB could throw for 4 TDS, zero ints, but his defense gives up 40 points and they lose....that’s why it is dumb.

Mack is double teamed damn near every play.  I’m not saying Smith doesn’t deserve it, but so do the other three.

There was near universal slamming on the others snubs...some real eye openers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1521 on: December 24, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »
By the way, Mike, what's your opinion on McCarthy becoming coach?

I'm open-minded. I know that a lot of GB fans got tired of him (or never liked him), but he did win a lot there. I know that some say that Rodgers was the only reason he won in GB, and that he should have won even more because of Rodgers.

I guess that's all my way of saying that I don't know enough about what McCarthy's plans would be, what he would do the same or differently in Charlotte, etc.

That he was fired, in and of itself, does not bother me. Lots of outstanding coaches/managers in all sports have been fired, including Belichick, Budenholzer, Torre, Francona, Rivers, Quenneville, etc, etc, etc. You learn, you grow, you improve (hopefully). Maybe the same would be true of McCarthy; maybe not.

There are so many question marks with the Panthers right now that it's hard to predict the success of any coach. I mean, we have 3 QBs: one hurt "franchise" player who might never again play at a level close to what he once was; one mediocre (to be kind) guy who is at best a career backup; one rookie who might be decent or might suck. And the defense obviously needs major, major work.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1522 on: December 24, 2019, 09:51:57 AM »
Vikings deserve to lose this game. That third down end around to Theilen followed by that terrible timeout on fourth down to then punt. Awful.
And the poorly executed trick play on 3rd down.
Play calling like that is basically conceding to the defense that we can't beat you.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1523 on: December 24, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
I'm open-minded. I know that a lot of GB fans got tired of him (or never liked him), but he did win a lot there. I know that some say that Rodgers was the only reason he won in GB, and that he should have won even more because of Rodgers.

I guess that's all my way of saying that I don't know enough about what McCarthy's plans would be, what he would do the same or differently in Charlotte, etc.

That he was fired, in and of itself, does not bother me. Lots of outstanding coaches/managers in all sports have been fired, including Belichick, Budenholzer, Torre, Francona, Rivers, Quenneville, etc, etc, etc. You learn, you grow, you improve (hopefully). Maybe the same would be true of McCarthy; maybe not.

There are so many question marks with the Panthers right now that it's hard to predict the success of any coach. I mean, we have 3 QBs: one hurt "franchise" player who might never again play at a level close to what he once was; one mediocre (to be kind) guy who is at best a career backup; one rookie who might be decent or might suck. And the defense obviously needs major, major work.
Mac got too comfortable and lazy in my opinion. He was pig headed on certain things like not utilizing aaron Jones or changing up the offense. I think players started tuning him out including Rodgers. He lost the locker room to some degree. It was time for a change.

Having said that I believe he is an excellent coach. Great communicator to his players and will always have their backs. Excellent teacher and qb coach. He will have to be willing to change his offensive philosophies to some degree because it had gotten stale and predictable. He will have to be willing to run the ball which he never fully committed to. I think he has studied the league in his time off and will make adjustments. An innovative offensive coordinator would help. All in all he would be a very good choice.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1524 on: December 24, 2019, 10:17:20 AM »

Last night, Cousins was awful....but let's look at that 0-9 record.

ProFootballReference.com first 8 games, completed more than two-thirds of his passes (204-of-305) for 2,226 yards to go with 10 touchdowns and five interceptions. Cousins posted a quarterback rating of better than 100 in four of the eight games.     Again, this is why that stat is so dumb.

feedback