[Today at 11:24:41 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129109 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2019, 12:02:07 PM »
That's the thing. If it happened in the end zone, it would have absolutely been ruled a touchdown.

Still haven't seen a replay that even suggests it wasn't a catch.

But MU82 is right, if they hadn't inexplicably made stupid play after play, it wouldn't have mattered.

Of course it was a TD if it was caught in the end zone.

I don’t buy the second argument...sure, they made plenty of mistakes, but taking 6 points off is taking 6 points off.  Get the calls right, whether the other team screwed up opportunities or not.  Never understood this idea that it was ok to dismiss incompetence by officials because the team messed up opportunities. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
It was the wrong call.
It also was not the reason tOSU lost.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »
It was the wrong call.
It also was not the reason tOSU lost.

If OSU has that 6 to 8 points, I’m pretty sure it is at the very least ONE of the reasons they lost.  Dropping TD’s, roughing the punter, etc are also reasons.  But when you lose a game by 6 and you have 6 points taken off the scoreboard along with the momentum that goes with it....yeah...that’s pretty damn big.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
Glad the NFL ref thought the college call was wrong. Both the college ref on the broadcast and the college refs doing the game had no hesitation in overturning the call. Both calls reviewed.

Maybe the NCAA just wants the best team in college football out of it’s CFP. I’m guessing overhyped Clemson had a bigger following than O$U, the best team in college football. Lol.

The college ref doing the game five feet from the play made the call.  The replay official, despite no replay anywhere to reverse that call...did so.

And McAulay once again is not with the NFL anymore, he is currently with the AAC and oversees football officiating...but go ahead and ignore that and call him a NFL ref which is false and you knowing it is false makes it a lie by you, too.  Anything to further your agenda...just repeat the lie enough.  Let’s repeat, McAulay retired from the NFL last year, he is STILL head of college football officiating for the AAC.  He is not the only COLLEGE official in the last 24 hours to make the comments at how poor the reversal was.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
Keep lying. Unless you’re finally, years later, admitting to being hoopaloop. How’s he doing? Hasn’t been around in awhile. It’s weird. He seems to only show up when you’re on one of your many permabans. You two have a falling out? He doesn’t want to post here if you are?

Bama over OU? LOL! Please provide a link. Or is this another thing where it started as “I read it” and when you can’t provide a link when asked for it it turns into “I spoke with agents. You should try talking to college coaches like I do!”

$500 bet...I’m the only person in the world....you had so many chances...now you want me to do work for you?  You don’t seem to understand how this works.  LOL.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2019, 12:25:51 PM »
If OSU has that 6 to 8 points, I’m pretty sure it is at the very least ONE of the reasons they lost.  Dropping TD’s, roughing the punter, etc are also reasons.  But when you lose a game by 6 and you have 6 points taken off the scoreboard along with the momentum that goes with it....yeah...that’s pretty damn big.

So we agree.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
$500 bet...I’m the only person in the world....you had so many chances...now you want me to do work for you?  You don’t seem to understand how this works.  LOL.

Yeah there’s literally nothing. The only debate out there was LSU or OSU deserving of the number one ranking? So unless you have something google doesn’t...

Which of course you do. Discussion with agents and coaches. Duh.

This is why I’d never, ever make a bet with you. “I read kids saying this!” Please provide the link then cheeks, just one link. “Well they didn’t come out and say it, it’s in what they didn’t say! Just ask the agents they work with years after I claimed they made these statements!”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2019, 12:41:49 PM »
P has yet to figure out that Terry McAulay has been a college football coordinator of officials in the former Big East and now for the AAC for over a decade, in addition to his NFL officiating bonafides.  In fact a number of NFL officials are involved in college football in some capacity....and they are able to process the different rules just fine.

Squiggy, of the complaints aren’t coming from folks associated with the NFL...have you seen all the pushback by coaches today on the Targeting call?  Once again, intent matters and why coaches have been up in arms today.  No launch, QB ducks down...that is not targeting.  Penalty...yes.  Targeting penalty...no.

Why do you subtlety doxx people that you're in arguments with? You've done the same with fluffy, pakuni, MU82. I'm sure there are others

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
Yeah there’s literally nothing. The only debate out there was LSU or OSU deserving of the number one ranking? So unless you have something google doesn’t...

Which of course you do. Discussion with agents and coaches. Duh.

This is why I’d never, ever make a bet with you. “I read kids saying this!” Please provide the link then cheeks, just one link. “Well they didn’t come out and say it, it’s in what they didn’t say! Just ask the agents they work with years after I claimed they made these statements!”

You said only person in the world.  I’ll give you one more chance on the $500.  No one else in the world....NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD...your words.  NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks Bama should be there instead of OU....NO ONE.

Pull the trigger P.  $500...easy for your charity because no one else of 7billion people thinks that Bama is a better team than Oklahoma and should have been there...NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

LOL....please please please pull the trigger on this bet.  Your Google doesn’t seem to be working by the way, perhaps try Bing or another search engine.  LOL

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2019, 12:45:26 PM »
Why do you subtlety doxx people that you're in arguments with? You've done the same with fluffy, pakuni, MU82. I'm sure there are others

Excuse me, MU82 has been called by his name here by countless posters....don’t even pretend to go there.

Fluffy...by calling him the Pontiff?  You said nothing when others have said far worse.

I’ve been doxxed countless times here, you have said nothing...to the point I simply listed my name under my username for a long period of time. So give me a break.

Meanwhile, as Wades said...he has put his name out here before.

I’m quite sure you don’t know what the meaning is when the name is already out there and PROVIDED by the user.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »

It's not all that subtle.
And as always, the justification for his childish behavior involves portraying himself as a victim.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2019, 12:51:11 PM »

You said only person in the world.  I’ll give you one more chance on the $500.  No one else in the world....NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD...your words.  NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks Bama should be there instead of OU....NO ONE.

Pull the trigger P.  $500...easy for your charity because no one else of 7billion people thinks that Bama is a better team than Oklahoma and should have been there...NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

LOL....please please please pull the trigger on this bet.  Your Google doesn’t seem to be working by the way, perhaps try Bing or another search engine.  LOL

I would never, ever make a bet with you, J (am I cool for knowing your name too?!). Ever.

I also did not say only you, you continue to lie. How’s hoopaloop doing?

Tried them all. Not one source says Alabama should’ve been in this year’s CFP. So unless you’re going to provide a link (we know you won’t, it’ll turn into your personal discussion with important people like always so just trust you, because you are very trustworthy Mr. I won’t be here that often only 7K posts in 13 months often) just get it over with and let us know which NFL agent or college coach told you Bama, winner of 0 top 25 games this year and second in their conference’s division, should’ve been in the CFP.

This is so predictable.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:53:18 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
Ohio State kicking 3 field goals in the red zone killed the Buckeyes. Should have been 24-0. Dobbins not holding on to the ball on the pass. He also dropped the screen, that he would have walked in for a touchdown.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »
Ohio State kicking 3 field goals in the red zone killed the Buckeyes. Should have been 24-0. Dobbins not holding on to the ball on the pass. He also dropped the screen, that he would have walked in for a touchdown.

Truth.
Dobbins' bad hands cost Ohio State twice as many points as a questionable call.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2019, 01:22:51 PM »
I would never, ever make a bet with you, J (am I cool for knowing your name too?!). Ever.

I also did not say only you, you continue to lie. How’s hoopaloop doing?

Tried them all. Not one source says Alabama should’ve been in this year’s CFP. So unless you’re going to provide a link (we know you won’t, it’ll turn into your personal discussion with important people like always so just trust you, because you are very trustworthy Mr. I won’t be here that often only 7K posts in 13 months often) just get it over with and let us know which NFL agent or college coach told you Bama, winner of 0 top 25 games this year and second in their conference’s division, should’ve been in the CFP.

This is so predictable.

Liar.  Feb 2016...you bet me about Henry Ellenson and the NBA.  How soon you forget.

You said NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD...that means no one else.  Not a fan, no one...not one person.  You were wrong, of course, which is wise. Or to bet because you would have lost $500 to charity.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »
Truth.
Dobbins' bad hands cost Ohio State twice as many points as a questionable call.

Yup, and despite that they were still in the game and an official made a call on the field, a replay official needs Irrefutable evidence to overturn and did so anyway, costing OSU huge momentum In the second half and at least 6 points with a 98% probability of 7 points.

But yes, Dobbins drops also hurt...and OSU was still in the game and would have taken the lead if the refs didn’t choke that call....not just choke it...actually spent time looking at video and reversed it.  My God.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
Liar.  Feb 2016...you bet me about Henry Ellenson and the NBA.  How soon you forget.

You said NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD...that means no one else.  Not a fan, no one...not one person.  You were wrong, of course, which is wise. Or to bet because you would have lost $500 to charity.

Is hoopaloop no longer with us?

Also, I have yet to see anywhere that shows I was wrong. If you’d like to provide evidence I’d be happy to admit I’m wrong and laugh at how stupid people can be in this world, because that’s some incredible stupidity.

But we all know you can’t provide an article. So let’s shift the goalposts to “I was talking to NFL agents who told me so! You’re wrong!”

Very reliable.

And, as always, very predictable.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #792 on: December 29, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »
It's not all that subtle.
And as always, the justification for his childish behavior involves portraying himself as a victim.

As usual, the hypocrisy by some here on full display....selective outrage and nothing but silence when exposed for it.  Want the best one, some of you calling MU82 by his first name here and having the gaul to then call someone out for doing it....spectacular hypocrisy and no one is surprised by it.  Would you like the link? 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
Yup, and despite that they were still in the game and an official made a call on the field, a replay official needs Irrefutable evidence to overturn and did so anyway, costing OSU huge momentum In the second half and at least 6 points with a 98% probability of 7 points.

But yes, Dobbins drops also hurt...and OSU was still in the game and would have taken the lead if the refs didn’t choke that call....not just choke it...actually spent time looking at video and reversed it.  My God.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #794 on: December 29, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »
As usual, the hypocrisy by some here on full display....selective outrage and nothing but silence when exposed for it.  Want the best one, some of you calling MU82 by his first name here and having the gaul to then call someone out for doing it....spectacular hypocrisy and no one is surprised by it.  Would you like the link?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #795 on: December 29, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »

It definitely didn’t help, but doesn’t justify the absurd was of that call reversal and the huge impact on the game.

Bad calls happen.   This was a REVERSAL from video which is why people are up in arms.  Irrefutable evidence....bad bad bad look.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #796 on: December 29, 2019, 01:38:52 PM »
Is hoopaloop no longer with us?

Also, I have yet to see anywhere that shows I was wrong. If you’d like to provide evidence I’d be happy to admit I’m wrong and laugh at how stupid people can be in this world, because that’s some incredible stupidity.

But we all know you can’t provide an article. So let’s shift the goalposts to “I was talking to NFL agents who told me so! You’re wrong!”

Very reliable.

And, as always, very predictable.

You were caught again, saying you would NEVER EVER make a bet with me.   You did...you lied.

Here's the evidence...you are Wadesworld..right?  Someone didn't steal your account when you responded DEAL?  Just checking...a relative maybe?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48286.msg806067#msg806067

I get you keep getting caught in your lies the last few days and you are unable to come to grips with it, so you keep attacking.   So here's your chance to apologize again for lying saying you NEVER EVER would make a bet with me...lie...you did.  Go ahead and deny it.

I feel bad for making is so easy for you on that bet by saying 35 games played. It was laughable that you thought he would average 5 points per game...he averaged 3.2 as I said he would average less than 5...he simply isn't very good as I stated then and was correct.  But I gave you the out he had to play in 35 games.  He was so damn bad that year he played in only 19.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #797 on: December 29, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »
Ohio State lost because Clemson scored more points.  Many things lead to this happening.  Losers make excuses
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #798 on: December 29, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
Ohio State lost because Clemson scored more points.  Many things lead to this happening.  Losers make excuses

Al Mcguire was a loser then?  Interesting

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #799 on: December 29, 2019, 01:51:06 PM »
You were caught again, saying you would NEVER EVER make a bet with me.   You did...you lied.

Here's the evidence...you are Wadesworld..right?  Someone didn't steal your account when you responded DEAL?  Just checking...a relative maybe?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48286.msg806067#msg806067

I get you keep getting caught in your lies the last few days and you are unable to come to grips with it, so you keep attacking.   So here's your chance to apologize again for lying saying you NEVER EVER would make a bet with me...lie...you did.  Go ahead and deny it.

I feel bad for making is so easy for you on that bet by saying 35 games played. It was laughable that you thought he would average 5 points per game...he averaged 3.2 as I said he would average less than 5...he simply isn't very good as I stated then and was correct.  But I gave you the out he had to play in 35 games.  He was so damn bad that year he played in only 19.

My apologies.  I didn't know you were a pathological liar who shifts the goalposts constantly and plays the victim at every chance he can back then, so I made a bet with you.  I should've said, "Now that I know more about you, J, after your many permabans, I would never, ever make a a bet with you."

Now your turn.  Did I say you are the single only person ever, or did I name 3 different people?  Liar.

Also, since you're claiming I'm wrong on the three people in the world (despite your lies claiming I said one) claiming OU should've been left out for #13 (LOL!) Alabama, please provide a link.  I've Googled everything I can think of.  Nothing.  Which agent did you talk to that told you that?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:52:44 PM by wadesworld »