[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129088 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »
Today's thoughts:

**I was wrong about Clay Helton
**Chip Kelly might be a worse coach at this point
**Alabama's defense isn't what it usually is
**Ohio State may be the best team not named Clemson

What was your thought on Helton?  That he was getting a bad rap and is just fine?  I think he needed to finish top 20 and finish top 2 in the Pac 12 to save his job, and I didn't think that was gonna happen even with Daniels and before the BYU mess.

Chip Kelly just looks like he's out of ideas.  He's an offensive genius who brought forth a whole new style and way of looking at offense.  But everyone has adopted and adapted and he just looks like he got caught up in the wash.  And doesn't seem all too willing to evolve.  Plus he doesn't have the horses.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2019, 10:53:16 AM »
What was your thought on Helton?  That he was getting a bad rap and is just fine?

I thought he could save his job with a good season, but losing to BYU likely means he doesn't have much of a chance with a new AD coming in.

Chip Kelly just looks like he's out of ideas.  He's an offensive genius who brought forth a whole new style and way of looking at offense.  But everyone has adopted and adapted and he just looks like he got caught up in the wash.  And doesn't seem all too willing to evolve.  Plus he doesn't have the horses.

He's like the Mike Martz of college football.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2019, 01:12:20 PM »
--Some key games this weekend...
Friday, September, 20th
Utah at USC 8:00 pm FS1

Saturday, September, 21st
Michigan at Wisconsin 11:00 am FOX
Auburn at Texas A&M 2:30 pm CBS
Washington at BYU 2:30 pm (ABC or ESPN2) 
Oklahoma State at Texas 6:30 pm ABC
Notre Dame at Georgia 7:00 pm CBS
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
The unthinkable.   I am watching college football and enjoying Wisconsin beating up on somebody.     I need to sit down in a quiet place and reboot.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2019, 12:34:59 PM »
Ass kickin' goin' on, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
Maybe Army wasn’t that good?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »
Epic arse kicking at the Camp.  Outstanding.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »
When does Uw-Madison extension play a real school this year?  Three warm-ups plus the Big Ten west which is a joke each year.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2019, 12:38:45 PM »
Mid-major?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2019, 12:43:59 PM »
Off a bye. Michigan looks lost. No run game. Slow on defense.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2019, 01:13:55 PM »
When does Uw-Madison extension play a real school this year?  Three warm-ups plus the Big Ten west which is a joke each year.

Please.  While they were significantly overrated last year, this year they look like a genuine playoff threat.  And Coan is a tremendous upgrade at the QB spot.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2019, 01:20:25 PM »
Please.  While they were significantly overrated last year, this year they look like a genuine playoff threat.  And Coan is a tremendous upgrade at the QB spot.

All may be true, but they play a joke schedule every year and seem to not be able to win the big games agains the elite teams....until they finally do, that’s the perception.  Other than OSU this year, this schedule is an absolute farce as it almost always is...then they wonder why they cannot win against the big boys after playing marshmallows all year.

Today is another example of why there should be no preseason rankings for football.  Meat chicken is awful and Coach Khacki looks lost.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »
All may be true, but they play a joke schedule every year and seem to not be able to win the big games agains the elite teams....until they finally do, that’s the perception.  Other than OSU this year, this schedule is an absolute farce as it almost always is...then they wonder why they cannot win against the big boys after playing marshmallows all year.

Today is another example of why there should be no preseason rankings for football.  Meat chicken is awful and Coach Khacki looks lost.

They play Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, and Ohio State. Who else should they have to play that they’re avoiding? Would adding PSU make their schedule go from “playing marshmallows all year” to a legit schedule?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:43:46 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
Maebee Jim oughta ring up bil, Tommy, four sum defensive strategy help, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »
They play Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, and Ohio State. Who else should they have to play that they’re avoiding? Would adding PSU make their schedule go from “playing marshmallows all year” to a legit schedule?

In conference yes. They aren’t playing anyone worthwhile out of conference.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
In conference yes. They aren’t playing anyone worthwhile out of conference.

But why would they? If they play anyone, even Clemson or Bama, and lose they miss out on the Playoffs even if they win out. But if they play nobody and win all their B1G games they go to the Playoffs. There’s no reward for playing someone good out of conference.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
Wisconsin plays Notre Dame in 2020 & 2021.  Alabama is scheduled for 2024 & 2025.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2019, 02:18:16 PM »

IDK, LSU recently; Notre Dame upcoming.  They've also won 5 straight bowl games.  Maybe they should schedule the Pac 12.  Real football.   ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:34:45 PM by jsglow »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
BYU and Bama within the past few years as well.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »
But why would they? If they play anyone, even Clemson or Bama, and lose they miss out on the Playoffs even if they win out. But if they play nobody and win all their B1G games they go to the Playoffs. There’s no reward for playing someone good out of conference.

Wisconsin has been good with adding quality non conference teams lately.  But my guess is that they declined to do so this year due to Michigan and Ohio State being on their schedule.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »

Wisconsin has been good with adding quality non conference teams lately.  But my guess is that they declined to do so this year due to Michigan and Ohio State being on their schedule.

How far ahead do they typically schedule?  I mean in basketball, it is not uncommon to tweak the quality of your non-con based on the perceived talent on your own team.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »

Michigan sucks. Iowa, please.  The west is a joke every damn year.  They get 5 wins before playing a game because of their division.   Let’s put it this way, would you rather be in the east or the west?  There is only one right answer on this.  Their out of conference schedule is laughable as is usually the case.

I think they are a good team, and have a Heisman candidate back....and they will be highly ranked all year because of the soft schedule, but until they finally win a meaningful game on the national stage that’s where I am.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
Michigan sucks. Iowa, please.  The west is a joke every damn year.  They get 5 wins before playing a game because of their division.   Let’s put it this way, would you rather be in the east or the west?  There is only one right answer on this.  Their out of conference schedule is laughable as is usually the case.

I think they are a good team, and have a Heisman candidate back....and they will be highly ranked all year because of the soft schedule, but until they finally win a meaningful game on the national stage that’s where I am.

Considering they play the three best teams in the west this year I guess you’d just cry about it even if they were in the east, given that you’re crying about it now.

They just won a meaningful game on a national stage.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »

Are they Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State, no.  Other than that, I guess you just don't like them.  That's fine.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »
IDK, LSU recently; Notre Dame upcoming.  They've also won 5 straight bowl games.  Maybe they should schedule the Pac 12.  Real football.   ::)

PAC 12 is terrible.  Bowl games are sweet and nice....Pinstripe Bowl...ok.  Cotton against Western Michigan...yummy dessert.  An 8-6 USC team.

Come on

They have also been in 3 of the last 5 Big Ten championship games and lost them all, including one by the score of 59-0.  They did manage to beat an overrated Nebraska team one year.  If they want the love, when a game that matters.