'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 61865 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2019, 09:22:02 PM »
Some men lament the intake being too close to the exhaust.
But that’s a beef with the Designer...er, designer.

Nice effort by that Northern Dancer colt (several generations removed) winning the Travers.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
Hmmm...sounds suspiciously like, “it’s not you; it’s me.”  She sounds very kind.

I can't think of a more insulting reason for a woman to leave you than "I miss Canada".

Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2019, 09:24:13 PM »
Guru, good luck in your search.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
Hands down the best scoop thread of the year. I've been laughing for a good 2 hours.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2019, 09:31:18 PM »
For the record, I have no issue with the word "panties".
Have some patience, FFS.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2019, 09:35:14 PM »
Cheeks, the point of the ignore button is to ignore the person.  Sniping at them when someone else happens to quote them kind of defeats the purpose.  For the love of all that is good, ignore the people you should be ignoring on here.  You know who they are.  And, thankfully, some of them know who you are and are ignoring you.  It'll do you good.  It'll do all of us good.

Stillwarrior, isn’t the bigger question why politics are allowed?  I thought it wasn’t...or is it?  Which is it? What’s the policy?  I’m fine following the rules, but what are the rules?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2019, 09:35:36 PM »
And instead of bi*tching about their posts, report them to the moderators.

I did, and nothing happened.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2019, 09:38:02 PM »

You work with Chicos?

I never bring it up at work...ever.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
For the record, I have no issue with the word "panties".

You're a good woman warrior...you shouldn't have a problem with it, no one should...that's what they are called. Store advertisements say it, the packages you buy say it etc. That's like someone having a problem with it being called an "orange" so they just call it "that orange colored fruit". Makes no sense to me.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »
Stillwarrior, isn’t the bigger question why politics are allowed?  I thought it wasn’t...or is it?  Which is it? What’s the policy?  I’m fine following the rules, but what are the rules?

No, that’s not the bigger question. It’s pretty clear that politics is allowed, even though they’re not.

I think the bigger question is why you’re incapable of simply ignoring people who love nothing more than yanking your chain. Even when you have them on ignore, apparently.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »
Nice effort by that Northern Dancer colt (several generations removed) winning the Travers.

People discounted the trouble he had in the Derby, or felt he wasn’t bred to get the 1  and 1/4 Miles...but hey....
Code of Honor has some serious inbreeding to Northern Dancer...interesting cross to see it in the same corresponding  spot on the pedigree. The Dancer was both his maternal and paternal great grandsire.

Marcus Hersh of the DRF feels that Travers day was a severe outside bias....I’m not so sure. There’s nothing worse than a prevailing ridiculous inside speed bias a la Churchill Downs, so I never bat an eye when outside closers prevail. The funniest thing I heard on Travers Day, other than the guy who walked up to the window at my OTB and plopped down $35,ooo to Win on LookinAtBikinis......this one dude is stumbling drunk to the window and, in his best Foster Brooks imitation asks the teller....”when is the tra-VERSE going off?”  The main teller at this OTB is the nicest guy in the world and goes out of his way to explain to novices how to place a bet....but he just burst out laughing at the poor guy.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »
If I ask someone are you more "girly" or more tomboy. I overwhelming get more "tomboy" responses than "girly" responses. And of course everyone's definition of "girly" is different. Then I have met some who say they are far more "girly". Except when I start to spend time with them, and observe their mannerisms etc, and they are certainly not "girly" by my definition anyway. Sometimes yes, they are, but not all the time.

I realize this is semantics, but I feel there is a pretty big difference between being a “self proclaimed Tom boy” and choosing option “B” when being asked to choose between “girly” and “tomboy.”  Being “self proclaimed” implies they choose the label, not that they selected one of the two pigeonholes you offered.

And how the hell does this come up in conversation?  Is this your go-to icebreaker?  Is this before or after you discuss their preferred term for their undergarments?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
No, that’s not the bigger question. It’s pretty clear that politics is allowed, even though they’re not.

I think the bigger question is why you’re incapable of simply ignoring people who love nothing more than yanking your chain. Even when you have them on ignore, apparently.

Well because that doesn’t seem to be the case because it is not allowed as some threads are locked or posts removed, while others are allowed.  I don’t think  he was yanking my chain at all, he wasn’t talking to me but to someone else.  Just trying to understand the policy.  Seems fair especially when two mods wrote to me in the last month to stop political posts and yet here those posts appear in droves and nothing happens.  Seems a fair question to ask.  In the meantime, I will continue to abide by their wishes and not do politics....hoping the pinned post that says politics are not allowed would actually be the case, similar to the steps Disney and ESPN have taken.

Ignoring those posters is not a problem, seeking clarity is all I ask.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:03:10 PM by Cheeks »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2019, 10:05:06 PM »
I'm glad you brought this up Galway, because this is a major grievance of mine...Believe me, I am not singling you out at all, but it does demonstrate how far we still need to go as a society, and quite frankly how hypocritical we still are. The times we live in now, we are told we should love and accept all...men with men, women with women, Transgender etc. They are all people, and as long as it doesn't affect us, what difference does it make. Yet, your point about an older man with a younger woman as you call it "creepy". You are far from the only one that feels that way...I would ask why?? If two people are happy together, why should you, me or anyone judge?? If a man is 45 and he is with a 21 yr old girl, most in society these days would say just what you did "it's creepy". But aren't we told, love is love?? If they are happy together, shouldn't that be all that matters?? How is that any different then a man with a man, or a woman with a woman etc?? It shouldn't be. It's hypocritical for us a society to be so accepting of some things that were at least at one time not a society norm, but still very judgmental of other things that for whatever reason still doesn't seem to be accepted as a societal norm like the other things are.

Where we all get really hypocritical is if that woman was 31 and the man was 55(still the same 24 year age difference), then most people would seem to accept that. Seems very bizarre to me. Would we feel the same way if a woman was 55 with a 21 year old kid?? I'm not sure we would.

It seems to me that people think couples with large age gaps can't possibly love each other. That there has to be something else to it rather then two people just being in love. This is where we still have a long ways to go as a society IMO.

My dad has been married twice...the second time he married a girl that he was/is 27 years older than. He was 51 then. At the time, a lot of people were judgmental and thought just like you said "that's creepy". But now that he's 78...guess what?? All of a sudden no one cares, yet the same 27 year age gap exists. I think that's VERY bizarre, especially since they are happy together.

My philosophy has always been based on the children. I recently read an article about a girl who's in her early 20s and is going to have a baby with her best friends dad who's in his 60s. It just doesn't seem fair for that child to be raised by someone who's likely hitting alzeheimers or dementia in the near future.

You do point out that hypocrisy of mine as I'm one for supporting most relationships (not down with the two spouses thing either) so fair play to you on that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
I realize this is semantics, but I feel there is a pretty big difference between being a “self proclaimed Tom boy” and choosing option “B” when being asked to choose between “girly” and “tomboy.”  Being “self proclaimed” implies they choose the label, not that they selected one of the two pigeonholes you offered.

And how the hell does this come up in conversation?  Is this your go-to icebreaker?  Is this before or after you discuss their preferred term for their undergarments?

It comes up because it's one of the first things I ask...I figure if I'm not going to be interested I want to know right away rather than waste her or my time. To me it's no different than if someone asks you "so do you smoke or drink"?? Or " what do you do for a living"?? Everyone has preferences for what hey want/don't want in a partner. Everyone has deal breakers, things they like and don't like. For me, being "girly" is a top priority.And just because they aren't, doesn't mean they aren't a great person, it just simply means there's not going to be a match for me, and I wouldn't be happy with her, and thus because of that, she wouldn't be happy either.  Just a personal preference. Sadly, it sure seems like the TRUE girly girl(by my definition), has gone the way of the dinosaur.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2019, 10:09:03 PM »
Ignoring those posters is not a problem

The proof is in the pudding.

Whether you think the rules are fairly enforced or not, you can choose to ignore people and not respond to every single provocation. Every. Single. One.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »
It comes up because it's one of the first things I ask...I figure if I'm not going to be interested I want to know right away rather than waste her or my time. To me it's no different than if someone asks you "so do you smoke or drink"?? Or " what do you do for a living"?? Everyone has preferences for what hey want/don't want in a partner. Everyone has deal breakers, things they like and don't like. For me, being "girly" is a top priority.And just because they aren't, doesn't mean they aren't a great person, it just simply means there's not going to be a match for me, and I wouldn't be happy with her, and thus because of that, she wouldn't be happy either.  Just a personal preference. Sadly, it sure seems like the TRUE girly girl(by my definition), has gone the way of the dinosaur.

My wife is both.  She can be old school, very feminine or tough as nails ars kicker.  Youngest of 9 so she was raised old school Midwest....love her to death.  Very lucky.  I have largely taken care of her, but she recently went back to work now that our last child is almost done with high school. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2019, 10:17:26 PM »
My wife is both.  She can be old school, very feminine or tough as nails ars kicker.  Youngest of 9 so she was raised old school Midwest....love her to death.  Very lucky.  I have largely taken care of her, but she recently went back to work now that our last child is almost done with high school.

Personally I have found that a vast majority(but obviously not all) fall into the category of your wife...they can be and are both. There is zero wrong with that. Quite honestly, I also think a vast majority of men, prefer that. Also nothing wrong with that. Just for me, as far as what makes me happiest, is if she's 100% feminine. I think you'd be surprised(or maybe you wouldn't be) just how few of those women really exist now days.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:49 PM »
The proof is in the pudding.

Whether you think the rules are fairly enforced or not, you can choose to ignore people and not respond to every single provocation. Every. Single. One.

I don’t and can happily provide umpteen examples when I let it go and didn’t say a word, let alone every single one....repeat...every. Single. One.

Plane about to depart, good night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »
Hands down the best scoop thread of the year. I've been laughing for a good 2 hours.

I absolutely was thinking the same thing.

What a thread. My jaw hurts from smiling too much. I have learned a lot about some very interesting Scoopers.

I thank the mods for keeping it open.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #395 on: August 28, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »
Well because that doesn’t seem to be the case because it is not allowed as some threads are locked or posts removed, while others are allowed.  I don’t think  he was yanking my chain at all, he wasn’t talking to me but to someone else.  Just trying to understand the policy.  Seems fair especially when two mods wrote to me in the last month to stop political posts and yet here those posts appear in droves and nothing happens.  Seems a fair question to ask.  In the meantime, I will continue to abide by their wishes and not do politics....hoping the pinned post that says politics are not allowed would actually be the case, similar to the steps Disney and ESPN have taken.

Ignoring those posters is not a problem, seeking clarity is all I ask.

It’s probably because most posters here haven’t been banned under multiple usernames and continued to show back up. And probably because the one poster who is the common denominator in all these different political threads is the same poster who’s been banned for similar posting habits under multiple usernames.

Just a guess?

But you are just treated so unfairly around here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2019, 10:27:16 PM »
People discounted the trouble he had in the Derby, or felt he wasn’t bred to get the 1  and 1/4 Miles...but hey....
Code of Honor has some serious inbreeding to Northern Dancer...interesting cross to see it in the same corresponding  spot on the pedigree. The Dancer was both his maternal and paternal great grandsire.

Small horse- Big Heart.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2019, 10:30:29 PM »
Far from perfect...but, the basic jist of it is she was/is from Canada, and her homesickness just got the best of her. She really struggled with it.

Was she from the Niagara Falls area?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2019, 10:32:52 PM »
Which is fair, you're entitled to your beliefs just as he is. But that still has nothing to do with revealing his character. A child molesting priest could capitalize the G all the time and and an atheist who refuses to could spend their life helping those same victims. Would you respond to the atheist that it reveals something negative about their character and look the other way about the priest because of something as trivial as a capitalization?

instead of peeling back the layers, we are going right for the core-when someone is trying to demeaningly chide you you, you go right for a perceived weak spot.  it may not be the most rational of arguments, but standards are thrown to the wind.  the example you lay out eagle, doesn't give one much of choice, but your point is well taken.  almost like, when did you stop beating your wife kinda question.  the seizure of a trivial thing, attempting to turn it in to a character flaw is how the vindictive mind works.  me, typically being a fairly reasonable guy, cries Uncle and moves on to the next challenge a little smarter for it.  this is how scoop is supposed to work
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2019, 10:37:44 PM »
My jaw hurts from smiling too much.

U sure it wuz from smilin hey?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.