2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 12:46:48 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by willie warrior
[Today at 12:45:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 12:19:59 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 187031 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #1300 on: November 15, 2019, 05:45:26 PM »
Ny problem is more with the original Tweet. But really to Yu’s response? So you were looking into Yeli’s eyes rather than at your catcher’s signs? It’s not like Yeli cranked his head around. And by the time the camera angle switches back, which is a millisecond after Yeli’s eyes shift to RIGHT field, Yu’s already off the rubber. I find it impossibly hard to believe 1) Yu saw Yeli’s eyes shift and 2) Yu stepped off at the exact same time as a result. But maybe.

The whole thing is hilarious. Every team at least tries to steal signs. But one thing I know for sure is teams aren’t stealing signs by looking into their opponent’s bullpen. I’m very confident saying that.

Agree with the second point.  I get the scrutiny on it and looking for more examples, but do your HW on something that simple.

As for Darvish, he's also a well known headcase.  So it wouldn't surprise me.  You could sense he would have a bad start cause he was bothered pregame by wind or sun conditions.  Doesn't make it some super savvy observant pitcher skill, just means he's skittish and can be distracted.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1301 on: November 15, 2019, 06:26:04 PM »
The Astros didn't even need to steal signs in 2017 because he was tipping his pitches (it should be noted that one of those games was in Houston and should be looked upon a bit differently in hindsight)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1302 on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristianYelich/status/1195462269594812417

Yeli just absolutely owned Yu.

Also, the person who originally made the claim needs to learn positions on a baseball field before he makes claims of Yeli stealing signs.

1) Yeli looks out to right field.
2) The camera immediately changes to the wide view and Yu is already off the rubber, so clearly he didn’t step off as a result of seeing Yeli’s eyes look for a signal from...
3) The Cubs, not Brewers, bullpen is in right field. So the Cubs bullpen is giving Yeli signals? Awesome. No wonder they stunk this year.

LOL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1303 on: November 15, 2019, 07:00:42 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1304 on: November 15, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »
The Astros didn't even need to steal signs in 2017 because he was tipping his pitches (it should be noted that one of those games was in Houston and should be looked upon a bit differently in hindsight)

Any team that was obviously stealing signs from the 2017 White Sox is inherently pathetic.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1305 on: November 15, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
Astros culture of cheating spreading out to Boston and Milwaukee too? Maybe Brauny can be a character witness for Yeli? Will Fiers flip on the Brew Crew too and spill the beans?

This will be fun, Wades.

https://sportsmockery.com/2019/11/brewers-also-accused-of-cheating-like-the-astros/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1306 on: November 15, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
Astros culture of cheating spreading out to Boston and Milwaukee too? Maybe Brauny can be a character witness for Yeli? Will Fiers flip on the Brew Crew too and spill the beans?

This will be fun, Wades.

https://sportsmockery.com/2019/11/brewers-also-accused-of-cheating-like-the-astros/

Agreed. You know who else was better against Quintana in 2019 than they were against Quintana in 2018? Just about every team. Looking at numbers against a single pitcher in baseball. No other explanation than the Brewers cheat.

The Brewers have had no problem winning in Wrigley the last 2 years. Maybe the Cubs bullpen is giving Yeli their signs at Wrigley as well as at home?

Also, I’m certain that there GM is the one heading it all. 😂
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1307 on: November 15, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »
As a hitter, you never took a quick glance at the fielders' positioning?  Especually with all of the shifts that are played now.

This "scandal" is showing who did and didnt play baseball growing up.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1308 on: November 15, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »
Agreed.

Yelich doth protest too much. What a massive overreaction. He's a stud so his response sure is interesting.

Donaldson's tweet was the perfect response.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1309 on: November 15, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »
Yelich doth protest too much. What a massive overreaction. He's a stud so his response sure is interesting.

Donaldson's tweet was the perfect response.

Protest too much? What was interesting about it?

Every team in the MLB must be stealing the Cubs pitches when Yu’s on the mound.

But yeah Yeli’s getting those signals from right field. Let me guess. Stearns has season tickets out there and is holding up signs for Yeli to see. 😂😂😂😂

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1310 on: November 15, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
Remember when Whitey Herzog accused Bernie Brewer of stealing signs?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1311 on: November 15, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
I am certain the Brewers try to steal signs. And are probably successful doing so sometimes.

I’m also certain that was not Yeli stealing signs. But if it helps Cubs fans sleep have at it. Blatant proof!  ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1312 on: November 15, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »
I wish the Tigers stole signs.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1313 on: November 15, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »
I am certain the Brewers try to steal signs. And are probably successful doing so sometimes.

I’m also certain that was not Yeli stealing signs. But if it helps Cubs fans sleep have at it. Blatant proof!  ::)

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/c0cb0r/yelichs_home_vs_away_stats_are_insane_which/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1314 on: November 15, 2019, 08:15:36 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/c0cb0r/yelichs_home_vs_away_stats_are_insane_which/

Did he stop stealing signs after the first 50 games of the season? Yeli was the only one getting signs relayed to him on the team?

Sounds fishy to me.

The guy had an OPS over 1.000 on the road this year...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:17:25 PM by GarciasWorld »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1315 on: November 15, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
Did he stop stealing signs after the first 50 games of the season? Yeli was the only one getting signs relayed to him on the team?

Sounds fishy to me.

The guy had an OPS over 1.000 on the road this year...

I want to go back to the days of you saying Arrieta was a cheater.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1316 on: November 15, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »
I want to go back to the days of you saying Arrieta was a cheater.

Roids are awesome.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1317 on: November 15, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »
Roids are awesome.

Not as good as digital cameras, hey?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1318 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
Protest too much? What was interesting about it?

Every team in the MLB must be stealing the Cubs pitches when Yu’s on the mound.

But yeah Yeli’s getting those signals from right field. Let me guess. Stearns has season tickets out there and is holding up signs for Yeli to see. 😂😂😂😂

Why does he give so much of a sh*t about a tweet that didn't accuse him of anything?

You might want to look at Yu's stats once he got healthy last year, including those against your Brewers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1319 on: November 15, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
Why does he give so much of a sh*t about a tweet that didn't accuse him of anything?

You might want to look at Yu's stats once he got healthy last year, including those against your Brewers.

Read the entire Twitter thread. It’s literally a Tweet claiming they looked into sign stealing by the Brewers and he’s looking out to left center (when he’s clearly looking out to right), the Brewers bullpen is in left center (at least they got that correct), and Yu is stepping off because he saw Yeli stealing signs. The next Tweet provides the video. It literally accuses him of stealing signs. Spelled out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1320 on: November 15, 2019, 09:33:55 PM »
One of my MU roommates once stole a Wisconsin Ave sign. Who knew he coulda been an Astro?!?!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:15:51 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1321 on: November 15, 2019, 09:52:32 PM »
Read the entire Twitter thread. It’s literally a Tweet claiming they looked into sign stealing by the Brewers and he’s looking out to left center (when he’s clearly looking out to right), the Brewers bullpen is in left center (at least they got that correct), and Yu is stepping off because he saw Yeli stealing signs. The next Tweet provides the video. It literally accuses him of stealing signs. Spelled out.

No, it doesn't.

Also, did you actually take a look at Yu's stats last season as the year progressed or are you comfortable with looking stupid?  Weird how you ignored that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1322 on: November 15, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »
I happen to disagree that the MVP should come from a team that is 1,000 games out of first place at the end of April.

It goes to how I define value. Others obviously define it differently, because the star of a team that finishes 1,000 games out of first place every year keeps winning it. Voters are given great latitude in how they define "valuable," and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just happen to disagree with them.

When was the last time Mike Trout played a "pressure game"? When was the last time he had to come through in the clutch to keep his team in the pennant race? I think it matters that for years not a single at-bat Trout has had after the All-Star break has mattered for the Angels in the standings. It is "easier" to hit when facing zero pressure.

I know it's not his fault that he hasn't had a pressure game in 5 years. I happen to think he is a transcendent player and I would love to see how he would do when the pressure's on. In the very small sample size we have so far -- the 2014 ALDS -- he was 1-for-12 for a team that got swept. I don't think that "defines" him any more than Ted Williams' poor postseason numbers define him; I just wish we got to see how he'd perform when everything's on the line.

Obviously, MVP voters don't think it makes a difference. This year, he barely even played in September and he still got the award. Thinking about it now, I guess that makes sense given that he hasn't had an important September at-bat in years and years.

Finally, I haven't insulted you at all in this discussion but you revealed your character yet again. You even brought out your weird and tired Erin Andrews compulsion with a totally nonsensical statement.

Have a lovely evening.

LOL.  Absolutely comical. 

Simple question...who is the best player in baseball....Mike Trout...glad to see baseball’s writers agree.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1323 on: November 15, 2019, 11:09:54 PM »

Just one more reason to hate the "Loveable losers".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1324 on: November 15, 2019, 11:32:18 PM »

LOL.  Absolutely comical. 

Simple question...who is the best player in baseball....Mike Trout...glad to see baseball’s writers agree.

First, that isn't a question. Or is a misused ellipsis now a question mark, too?

As for your boy, he is unquestionably the best loser in baseball, yessir. No player in recent baseball history has compiled more stats playing pressure-free games for hopeless teams.

Given that you're a guy who likes to talk about athletes "peeing down their legs" in clutch situations, I would have thought you'd appreciate how much more difficult it is to produce in games that matter -- something your boy hasn't done in 5 years.

But I'm glad you've finally found one cause that leads you to stick up for journalists. So I'll call it a win.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson