[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU by the numbers  (Read 21615 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: MU by the numbers
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
To be sure, politics is everywhere, bro, even in the Econ Nobel (and I'm sure the other fields as well, though maybe based on "politicking" rather than notions of fairness, justice, and efficiency).

Agreed. There is a lot of politics and politicking in the other Nobel prizes too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: MU by the numbers
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
Californians have not been supporting higher eduation.  The amount per student has decreased signficantly over the past 30 years, which has lead to tuition supported institutions who are naturally seeking out students who will pay more.  It's simple supply and demand.

If Californians want more access to public higher education, they should pay for it.  But they won't.

Might be because we are the most heavily taxed state in the nation already...when supporting utopia out here and having to pay for every unicorn there comes a point when all the green clovers and marshmallows run out....throw in the millions of “guests” who we also pay for and the “California citizens” have a very large bill.  But ultimately to suggest we don’t spend a shat ton of money on education in this state is preposterous.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:30:12 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire