[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seton Hall ticket sales up  (Read 2205 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Seton Hall ticket sales up
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »

Seton Hall Seeing Strong Season-Ticket Demand For Men's Hoops

November 5, 2019

Student season-ticket sales are up 17% while overall season-tickets are up 47% from last season

Seton Hall has a "stacked non-conference schedule" for men's basketball this season that has fans "buying season-tickets in droves" for the No. 12 team in the country, according to Adam Zagoria of the Newark STAR-LEDGER. Seton Hall AD Bryan Felt said, "The fans are certainly speaking loud and clear. In terms of our numbers, too, it's been tremendous. I think student season-ticket sales are up 17 percent and overall season-tickets are up 47 percent." Zagoria noted in recent years, Seton Hall has "never opened the upper level of Prudential Center for more than two games, but this year there are already half a dozen games -- and counting -- for which the upper bowl will be open." The lower bowl capacity is "approximately 10,000," and when the upper bowl is included, it is "about 18,000." Felt said that the school has been "hesitant in the past to open up the upper level without being confident tickets would sell." He added, "The last thing we want to do is open it up and it has that kind of cavernous feeling. Then that doesn't really do anybody any good." Seton Hall Assistant AD/Ticket Operations Joseph Rixon said that 97% of season-ticket holders are "from New Jersey," but he has "noticed excitement building among people who didn't attend Seton Hall" (Newark STAR-LEDGER, 11/1).

PIRATES' TREASURE: In New Jersey, Jerry Carino notes Seton Hall is "heading into the highest-profile season" it has seen since it was coming off an national championship game appearance 30 years ago. A school record six games are "scheduled to appear on major national television networks," while Seton Hall G Myles Powell is "plastered on eight billboards throughout northern New Jersey." The student section at Prudential Center traditionally has held 900 people, but it "has been expanded to accommodate 1,200 as student-ticket requests have risen by 31 percent over last season." Overall season-ticket sales are up 53% from '18-19 and 96% "over a five-year span." Average paid attendance "could approach 10,000 this season" after sitting at 8,507 last season and just 7,070 for '15-16 (Bergen RECORD, 11/5).
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Seton Hall ticket sales up
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
I got my tickets for the Jan. 11 game.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 12:22:28 PM »
That place is a dump
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 01:35:24 PM »
That place is a dump

Actually it is a nice venue to watch a game. Much better than the BC was.

Now if you are talking about Newark, no argument from me.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:37:20 PM by muwarrior69 »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
Good for them, but it really makes you appreciate Marquette's level of support even more.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 06:26:00 PM »
Good for them, but it really makes you appreciate Marquette's level of support even more.

Most BE teams would envy both MU and Creighton fan bases. I'm really surprised that Seton Hall does not draw better as it is so easy to get to by train. The Rock is just 5-10 minute walk, most of it indoors, from the train station.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »
Most BE teams would envy both MU and Creighton fan bases. I'm really surprised that Seton Hall does not draw better as it is so easy to get to by train. The Rock is just 5-10 minute walk, most of it indoors, from the train station.

We all like to take a good jab at Cheeks...but his work and others at the time to rebuild the MU fan base via marketing and ticketing was way ahead of its time and has led to a solid base of STHs and students all these years later.  Similarly, progression of the expectations, affiliations, and facilities have come with it. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Seton Hall Seeing Strong Season-Ticket Demand For Men's Hoops

November 5, 2019

Student season-ticket sales are up 17% while overall season-tickets are up 47% from last season

Seton Hall has a "stacked non-conference schedule" for men's basketball this season that has fans "buying season-tickets in droves" for the No. 12 team in the country, according to Adam Zagoria of the Newark STAR-LEDGER. Seton Hall AD Bryan Felt said, "The fans are certainly speaking loud and clear. In terms of our numbers, too, it's been tremendous. I think student season-ticket sales are up 17 percent and overall season-tickets are up 47 percent." Zagoria noted in recent years, Seton Hall has "never opened the upper level of Prudential Center for more than two games, but this year there are already half a dozen games -- and counting -- for which the upper bowl will be open." The lower bowl capacity is "approximately 10,000," and when the upper bowl is included, it is "about 18,000." Felt said that the school has been "hesitant in the past to open up the upper level without being confident tickets would sell." He added, "The last thing we want to do is open it up and it has that kind of cavernous feeling. Then that doesn't really do anybody any good." Seton Hall Assistant AD/Ticket Operations Joseph Rixon said that 97% of season-ticket holders are "from New Jersey," but he has "noticed excitement building among people who didn't attend Seton Hall" (Newark STAR-LEDGER, 11/1).

PIRATES' TREASURE: In New Jersey, Jerry Carino notes Seton Hall is "heading into the highest-profile season" it has seen since it was coming off an national championship game appearance 30 years ago. A school record six games are "scheduled to appear on major national television networks," while Seton Hall G Myles Powell is "plastered on eight billboards throughout northern New Jersey." The student section at Prudential Center traditionally has held 900 people, but it "has been expanded to accommodate 1,200 as student-ticket requests have risen by 31 percent over last season." Overall season-ticket sales are up 53% from '18-19 and 96% "over a five-year span." Average paid attendance "could approach 10,000 this season" after sitting at 8,507 last season and just 7,070 for '15-16 (Bergen RECORD, 11/5).

I think when they are better off keeping the upper deck closed off unless they can fill most of it. The vibe in the arena when the lower deck is full is loud and rowdy . Definitely gives the home time an advantage. That said, the area is starved for a winner so doesn't surprise me they are getting some fan support.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 09:14:06 PM »
That place is a dump

Newark? Yes. The Rock? Anything but. Excellent arena.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 02:30:24 PM »
Newark? Yes. The Rock? Anything but. Excellent arena.

The Walsh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.