collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 317347 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »
Miami tanking big time. Has a TON of draft picks in the coming years.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:04 AM »
That Clowney trade is so bad, the more details that emerge, the worse it looks for the Texans.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
They probably saw Luck retire and realized they set Watson up to get battered yet again. I get what they were doing stacking up OL, but they just overpaid for everything in a panic and got fleeced

The Tunsil deal sure seems like a lose-lose.
Texans way overpaid for good, but not great, LT,and the Phins are tanking for a QB who will enter the league behind an atrocious offensive line.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »
They’re saying on ESPN that the Texans never talked with Tunsil about an extension, which is fairly routine in this situation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2019, 10:12:56 AM »
They’re saying on ESPN that the Texans never talked with Tunsil about an extension, which is fairly routine in this situation.

The guy who’s never been a GM of a sports franchise saying he knows better than the GM of an NFL team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »
The guy who’s never been a GM of a sports franchise saying he knows better than the GM of an NFL team.

1. I was just reporting what was said.

2. The Texans don’t have a GM

3. Living rent free in your head.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:27:26 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 10:31:57 AM »

1. I was just reporting what was said.

2. The Texans don’t have a GM

3. Living rent free in your head.

Very different than reporting what a HOF kicker said about Parkey. Got it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »
My son, a huge Bears fan, was hoping the Panthers would cut the rookie kicker they brought in, Joey Slye, who had been booming kicks all preseason. But instead, the Panthers put longtime kicker Graham Gano on season-long IR, and Slye is now my team's main man.

I am one who thinks preseason means absolutely nothing, but that obviously wasn't the case for Slye. I just hope he kicks like that when it counts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »
My son, a huge Bears fan, was hoping the Panthers would cut the rookie kicker they brought in, Joey Slye, who had been booming kicks all preseason. But instead, the Panthers put longtime kicker Graham Gano on season-long IR, and Slye is now my team's main man.

I am one who thinks preseason means absolutely nothing, but that obviously wasn't the case for Slye. I just hope he kicks like that when it counts.

Preseason is the perfect time for kickers to work on their draws and fades

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »
Another insanely bad deal by Jerrah.  6 years...LOL.....$50M guaranteed....to a RB.  LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
Another insanely bad deal by Jerrah.  6 years...LOL.....$50M guaranteed....to a RB.  LOL

Not only that, but it is a six year *extension* from his rookie deal that still has two years left.  And Jones bargained against himself the entire time.  What a doofus.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »

Not only that, but it is a six year *extension* from his rookie deal that still has two years left.  And Jones bargained against himself the entire time.  What a doofus.

That’s my Jerrah.....an old man desperate to win a title before he dies.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
Miami tanking big time. Has a TON of draft picks in the coming years.

#trusttheprocess  #finsup
But yeah, this team will be atrocious for a bit - but I prefer that to limping to another 6 wins with Tannehill

The Tunsil deal sure seems like a lose-lose.
Texans way overpaid for good, but not great, LT,and the Phins are tanking for a QB who will enter the league behind an atrocious offensive line.

That's true, but I hope they wouldn't just throw Tua/Herbert into the fire for a team that wins 4 games in 2020. The way this is setting up might constructively ruin what is left of Josh Rosen forever, though.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »
Everyone knew Jerry wasn’t gonna let Zeke sit out the season, right?

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »

No but at least his son publically postured like a competant negotiator.  Zeke has TWO years left on his deal.  The bargaining position was pretty much all with the Cowboys.  Yet they give him an extension with $50 million guaranteed?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »

I think he was going to be signed to an extension anyways. The holdout was likely so he could spend time in a foreign country where regulation of PEDs is weak, where it is easier to avoid any testing, and many new exotic and difficult to detect PEDs are readily available.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
WTF are the Raiders doing?  A couple weeks after Mayock saying things are good with Antonio Brown after his helmet saga, they decide to fine him $54,000 for missing two practices during the saga, which causes Mayock and Brown to get into an argument.  Now they may suspend Brown for getting in the argument.

You traded and signed a guy who has a history of being flighty.  Now you are going to clamp down hard on the guy for acting like that?  Do you really think that's going to help?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
WTF are the Raiders doing?  A couple weeks after Mayock saying things are good with Antonio Brown after his helmet saga, they decide to fine him $54,000 for missing two practices during the saga, which causes Mayock and Brown to get into an argument.  Now they may suspend Brown for getting in the argument.

You traded and signed a guy who has a history of being flighty.  Now you are going to clamp down hard on the guy for acting like that?  Do you really think that's going to help?

The irony.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2019, 12:24:04 PM »

Its all so stupid and so very Raiders.  You know what Brown is about, you know he's a diva and he's temperamental, how do you handle him so ham fisted?  Say what you want about Brown's attitude or off the field antics, but he's stayed out of trouble otherwise and he's never let it truly affect his on-field production.  There was rumblings of unhappiness and locker room trouble last year, and he still lead the league in and put up a career high in TDs and another 1250+ yard season.  If Mayock is trying to power play and let everyone know he runs a tight ship, why make this move?  Its moronic.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2019, 01:24:21 PM »
I think he was going to be signed to an extension anyways. The holdout was likely so he could spend time in a foreign country where regulation of PEDs is weak, where it is easier to avoid any testing, and many new exotic and difficult to detect PEDs are readily available.

That’s quite the story...and it was likely you say....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2019, 02:03:22 PM »
So Bears gonna have picks #32 and 33 next year. I like it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »

Pick 33 will be tough, as the Fins, Washington, Arizona, and Cincy are all going to be awful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »

Good joke.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2019, 04:48:04 PM »
In a weird way, this actually works out pretty well for the Raiders.
They have legit reason to suspend him for week 1, a winnable home game against the Broncos. Once that happens, through a quirk of the CBA, they can cut him at any point this season without paying any of his future guarantees. So, basically, they pay him week-to week for as long as they will have him.
I imagine they'd rather not have to deal with this at all, but all-in-all they now hold a lot of leverage over AB. And he has 29 million reasons to get in line pronto.

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
In a weird way, this actually works out pretty well for the Raiders.
They have legit reason to suspend him for week 1, a winnable home game against the Broncos. Once that happens, through a quirk of the CBA, they can cut him at any point this season without paying any of his future guarantees. So, basically, they pay him week-to week for as long as they will have him.
I imagine they'd rather not have to deal with this at all, but all-in-all they now hold a lot of leverage over AB. And he has 29 million reasons to get in line pronto.

Well ok then. That makes some sense.

feedback