[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 316876 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
The Steelers are in trouble.

They actually have been in a gradual decline ever since they lost to the Packers in the SB after the 2010 season.

In the 8 seasons since then, they have won only 3 playoff games and have failed to make the playoffs 3 times.

When you have a future HoF QB playing well, you can cover up some problems, but when you lose Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown bang-bang-bang, even while you let numerous other good players go to other teams over the years, you reach a point where it's difficult to compete for anything that matters.

Agreed. I'm not sure they can even compete with Miami for the Toilet Bowl of the league award.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2019, 10:26:16 AM »
The Steelers are in trouble.

They actually have been in a gradual decline ever since they lost to the Packers in the SB after the 2010 season.

In the 8 seasons since then, they have won only 3 playoff games and have failed to make the playoffs 3 times.

When you have a future HoF QB playing well, you can cover up some problems, but when you lose Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown bang-bang-bang, even while you let numerous other good players go to other teams over the years, you reach a point where it's difficult to compete for anything that matters.

I have a couple friends that are big Steelers fans, and knowledgeable/reasonable football guys.  They've been done with Tomlin for a few years.  Not screaming for him to be fired, but fine with him being gone when he is.  The 2017 playoffs capped it for them.

He's always struck me as a CEO/locker room type, as opposed to a tactical genius.  His clock management has always been suspect.  But he looked like he has been going through the motions this year.  I already talked about how disgusted I was by their gameplan and execution against NE.  But what a lifeless bunch on Sunday as well.  A thoroughly average Seattle team had them at bay all game in their house.  Even when Ben went down Rudolph played well enough for them to have a shot at winning, but their defense was spineless and atrocious.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
I have a couple friends that are big Steelers fans, and knowledgeable/reasonable football guys.  They've been done with Tomlin for a few years.  Not screaming for him to be fired, but fine with him being gone when he is.  The 2017 playoffs capped it for them.

He's always struck me as a CEO/locker room type, as opposed to a tactical genius.  His clock management has always been suspect.  But he looked like he has been going through the motions this year.  I already talked about how disgusted I was by their gameplan and execution against NE.  But what a lifeless bunch on Sunday as well.  A thoroughly average Seattle team had them at bay all game in their house.  Even when Ben went down Rudolph played well enough for them to have a shot at winning, but their defense was spineless and atrocious.

Time for Mike McCarthy to return home!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »

He should consider hiring some tactical geniuses then, because he's a phenomenal coach. After the locker room turmoil he guided them through last year, 8 am struggling to see how change for changes sake is the best thing for them. The Packers had complacency - outsiders' view is that that's not the case in Pittsburgh

MU82

• All American
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2019, 04:13:45 PM »
Newton reinjured his foot in last week's horrid loss to Tampa and might have to miss upcoming games.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article235175497.html?

Although I sure as heck wish he were healthy, this does explain a lot about how feeble he looked in general and why the team never even considered using him as the ballcarrier on a crucial 4th-and-1 at the end of the game.

Newton has taken more hits than just about anybody in football since 2011 and the pummeling is taking its toll. Who knows ... he could be all but done as an NFL player.

I've enjoyed watching him play, and also watching him mature as a person. I'm obviously hoping for a complete recovery, but that might never happen.

The Panthers have no really viable alternative, so their season, already on the precipice, will likely be flushed down the toilet if he misses much time. I wanted them to sign Kaepernick, who would have been an almost perfect backup given his similar style and past success, but I guess that won't happen.

Oh well ... it's been a good run.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2019, 03:27:07 PM »
AB released.

Shocking!!

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2019, 03:52:47 PM »
AB released.

Shocking!!

Have to respect the Patriots organization on this one.  My guess is new info came out that they wanted no part of and won't put up with.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Have to respect the Patriots organization on this one.  My guess is new info came out that they wanted no part of and won't put up with.

Sending text messages to the source for Klemko's article is unreal. AB is completely unhinged right now.

• All American
« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2019, 04:27:53 PM »

Yes. They managed to clear the low bar that they have set for themselves.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

They tampered to sign him, and then fast tracked him to play, even with allegations swirling.  They released him after it got even worse.  I'm not going to give them some moral congratulations for doing this after living in the grey area for 2 weeks.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
After what he did yesterday, I wonder why it took until this afternoon to get rid of him.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
They tampered to sign him, and then fast tracked him to play, even with allegations swirling.  They released him after it got even worse.  I'm not going to give them some moral congratulations for doing this after living in the grey area for 2 weeks.

And and and, his signing bonus was due Monday. Now they can begin the fight to avoid paying it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
Robert Kraft has way too much integrity for this. He would never support someone who committed sexual improprieties.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »
Robert Kraft has way too much integrity for this. He would never support someone who committed sexual improprieties.

Funny
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:38:37 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »

Truly a reprehensible organization. It sucks that they have proven repeatedly that good things often do happen to bad people.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2019, 10:48:59 PM »

Word has it Brown rubbed Kraft the wrong way.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »

The Patriots are literally the worst.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2019, 11:25:50 PM »
The Patriots are literally the worst.

Literally.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »
Packers are 0-3 with last year’s defense right now.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2019, 06:33:56 PM »
Bruce Arians completely botched the end of that game. Took delay of game, Winston kneels, they lose 7 yards, kick missed by maybe 2 yards, what a terrible end of game job.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
Wild speculation on my part, but you gotta wonder if AB doesn't have a touch of the CTE similar to Aaron Hernandez.....he is just way too erratic
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2019, 06:59:51 PM »
Wild speculation on my part, but you gotta wonder if AB doesn't have a touch of the CTE similar to Aaron Hernandez.....he is just way too erratic

I think it is merely unbridled ego and narcissism. Erratic behavior is common in people that think they are the most important and can do no wrong.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #273 on: September 22, 2019, 07:10:43 PM »
Bruce Arians completely botched the end of that game. Took delay of game, Winston kneels, they lose 7 yards, kick missed by maybe 2 yards, what a terrible end of game job.

Even after today's uplifting win, I'm still sick that my Panthers lost to that dreadful Bucs team last week.

• All American
« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2019, 07:56:07 PM »

He said that he intentionally took the delay of game because a longer kick is easier for his kicker. That’s very odd.