[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DePaul hit with 3 years probation  (Read 15142 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: DePaul hit with 3 years probation
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2019, 02:21:43 PM »
So this seems like a separate, unrelated incident from the FBI trial...?? So, theoretically, there could still be more to come for DePaul.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
So this seems like a separate, unrelated incident from the FBI trial...?? So, theoretically, there could still be more to come for DePaul.

Yes, separate from FBI trial.  DePaul self reported in 2017.  The wheels of justice turn slow.  Hopefully, the FBI stuff gives us a recruiting advantage over Arizona and Kansas for the 2022 recruiting class!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »
Except the NCAA is ridiculous about this. Like that one football player who had a YouTube channel and the NCAA said he was ineligible due to it

The NCAA, made up of member institutions.  The power is with the schools if they wish to change rules, fund differently, put resources in different areas.  The NCAA carries out rules and regs that the members / governance bodies within the association deem necessary to do.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2019, 06:02:58 PM »
LOL Chicos is a textbook bootlicker. Every time like clockwork, hilarious

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2019, 06:07:23 PM »
LOL Chicos is a textbook bootlicker. Every time like clockwork, hilarious

You continue to blame the NCAA instead of the actual membership that dictates and defines the rules and funding that goes with it....fine by me.  If acting hysterical is how you roll, don’t let any of us slow it.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »

You continue to blame the NCAA instead of the actual membership that dictates and defines the rules and funding that goes with it....fine by me.  If acting hysterical is how you roll, don’t let any of us slow it.

Don't worry.  The US Justice Department figured out how to go after the NCAA and its members. The FBI probe was as embarrassing as it was to Pakistan that the US found Bin Laden hiding two blocks from their Officer training facility.

What's the excuse that Miller, Wade, Self, Pearl et al are still gainfully employed?  I know, some big actions are coming. Tick tock.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2019, 09:01:01 PM »
Don't worry.  The US Justice Department figured out how to go after the NCAA and its members. The FBI probe was as embarrassing as it was to Pakistan that the US found Bin Laden hiding two blocks from their Officer training facility.

What's the excuse that Miller, Wade, Self, Pearl et al are still gainfully employed?  I know, some big actions are coming. Tick tock.

The FBI has been very embarrassing the last few years...why is that surprising?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
The FBI has been very embarrassing the last few years...why is that surprising?
You have it way backwards
Goal is National Championship

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2019, 12:33:09 AM »

Based on what you say how is it any different.  Since the "actual membership" formed, funds and dictates the rules for the NCAA how are the two distinguishable?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2019, 08:12:31 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2019, 08:13:40 AM »
Based on what you say how is it any different.  Since the "actual membership" formed, funds and dictates the rules for the NCAA how are the two distinguishable?

Blame the rule makers, the funders, not the enforcers. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2019, 02:23:24 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
Yep

Considering bungling of high profile cases, the firings, the forced retirements.....an embarrassment.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »
Considering bungling of high profile cases, the firings, the forced retirements.....an embarrassment.
Lol ok. You sound like Fox & Friends all the time.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2019, 08:10:37 AM »
The mistake UNC made was they did not properly oversee the administration of the easy classes. Most Universities, including MU, do a great job of this.

Brother Herm, did Horton hear a Who???????

Horton Roe is People's Exhibit Number 1 refuting your position. Those classes were a joke. Scratchy record player, bad acoustics etc. Horton was Mr. "A-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c" as in Automatic "A" decades before Davante Gardner showed up on campus. Urban legend was that one student had a cover page, table of contents and two pages of script followed by 26 blank pages and got an "A".

I never had the 8:00 a.m., pleasure of Horton. But the challenge I used to raise to my brothers and sister was (to the tune of a Capital One what's in your wallet? phrase) "How many Hortons are in your GPA?"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2019, 08:52:37 AM »
Brother Herm, did Horton hear a Who???????

Horton Roe is People's Exhibit Number 1 refuting your position. Those classes were a joke. Scratchy record player, bad acoustics etc. Horton was Mr. "A-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c" as in Automatic "A" decades before Davante Gardner showed up on campus. Urban legend was that one student had a cover page, table of contents and two pages of script followed by 26 blank pages and got an "A".

I never had the 8:00 a.m., pleasure of Horton. But the challenge I used to raise to my brothers and sister was (to the tune of a Capital One what's in your wallet? phrase) "How many Hortons are in your GPA?"

That was many, many years ago.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »
Lol ok. You sound like Fox & Friends all the time.

Uhm, ok Rachel.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2019, 09:10:37 AM »
The mistake UNC made was they did not properly oversee the administration of the easy classes. Most Universities,including MU, do a great job of this.  UNC essentially let the African American department, and a couple of people in the department who were big sports fan, administer a big chunk of their easy class portfolio, and the school turned a blind eye. So when a disgruntled former student athlete complained the whole system was exposed. If one reads the case files, it shows that the biggest out right abuser of the system by the way was the coach of the UNC Womans soccer team. It is not a coincidence that  their ladies have won 22 national titles in that sport.

Having 3 kids in division one sports I can confidently say that all schools have these set ups.  Most  administer with much more thoughtfulness than UNC did.

Some good stuff here, but on the women’s soccer thing.....most of their titles were won before these classes even existed in the African and Afro American Studies program.  Yes, there were a number of programs that had kids taking the classes, including women’s soccer, but I think you are over stepping their accomplishments tied to the classes.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »
Uhm, ok Rachel.
Lol you really need help

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
Lol you really need help

From your denial of how poorly the FBI has been the last few years in high profile cases, you may wish to use the mirror in the bathroom.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 09:27:19 PM »
From your denial of how poorly the FBI has been the last few years in high profile cases, you may wish to use the mirror in the bathroom.
You can't let anything go, and that is a major self esteem problem.