[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] MU All-Decade Team  (Read 13434 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] MU All-Decade Team
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
Again, you guys can keep your head in the sand back to the Buzz/Crean eras, but those players would NOT be members of MUBB today. Fact.

You can prove me wrong when there is a JUCO on the roster. Every coach since at least Al had JUCOs on their rosters. Six years in, nada for Wojo. Not a coincidence.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
Not a JUCO signed since Buzz left is not a coincidence. Lazar and his ND Prep record is definitely a no. Vander, Junior and Gardner are definite no's. Maybe Jimmy but no way on DJO as his records weren't even in order.

Not to mention that Wojo doesn't have the JUCO connections Buzz has.

Lol, what?  You realize Symir was at a prep school, right?  So that eliminates your argument against Lazar.

Why would Junior, Vander, or Gardner not be allowed to come to Marquette?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 06:25:05 PM »
Lol, what?  You realize Symir was at a prep school, right?  So that eliminates your argument against Lazar.

Why would Junior, Vander, or Gardner not be allowed to come to Marquette?

I think Symir and Lazar went to prep school for different reasons.......and not all prep schools are created equal.

Vermont Academy is not Notre Dame Prep.....'.at least that is my understanding........if I am mistaken someone can correct me.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »
I think Symir and Lazar went to prep school for different reasons.......and not all prep schools are created equal.

Vermont Academy is not Notre Dame Prep.....'.at least that is my understanding........if I am mistaken someone can correct me.

Lazar went to post-graduate prep school (5th year). ND Prep is a basketball factory for academic at risk players who wanted to avoid two years of JUCO.  Also home to academic savant Todd Mayo.

Hell, Markus (and Keefe) went to Prep schools.  Hell, Wade's went to MUHS College Prep too. Who knew?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Lazar went to post-graduate prep school (5th year). ND Prep is a basketball factory for academic at risk players who wanted to avoid two years of JUCO.  Also home to academic savant Todd Mayo.

Hell, Markus (and Keefe) went to Prep schools.  Hell, Wade's went to MUHS College Prep too. Who knew?

Good stuff, Doc. Everybody's preppin' for something.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »

You realize there’s a difference between Vermont Academy and Marquette University High School, right?

One plays a national basketball schedule and has seniors who are regularly 19 and 20 years old. The other does not. I’ll let you decide which is which.

But sure.  Marquette High is a prep school as is ND Prep.  Lol.

You also realize that when Symir committed to Marquette he had originally been part of the class of 2019, then reclassified to the class of 2020 (would've been his 5th year) and reclassified back to the class of 2019 AFTER committing to Marquette.

He moved from Syracuse, NY where he lived and started high school to his prep school 5 hours away.

I'm still waiting to hear why Vander, Davante, and Junior couldn't have come to Marquette these days...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:35:11 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
Real prep schools are not what are being talked about this is what real prep schools are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Schools_Association
Goal is National Championship

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »
Real prep schools are not what are being talked about this is what real prep schools are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Schools_Association
Derrick Wilson went to Hotchkiss.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »
You realize there’s a difference between Vermont Academy and Marquette University High School, right?

One plays a national basketball schedule and has seniors who are regularly 19 and 20 years old. The other does not. I’ll let you decide which is which.

But sure.  Marquette High is a prep school as is ND Prep.  Lol.

You also realize that when Symir committed to Marquette he had originally been part of the class of 2019, then reclassified to the class of 2020 (would've been his 5th year) and reclassified back to the class of 2019 AFTER committing to Marquette.

He moved from Syracuse, NY where he lived and started high school to his prep school 5 hours away.

I'm still waiting to hear why Vander, Davante, and Junior couldn't have come to Marquette these days...

Why are you waiting for it? Odd, your anxiety. I am simply stunned you are arguing that MUBB hasn't changed its academic standards with all that's happened.

If you think correspondence school credits are accepted under the current regime, you are mistaken.  Junior attended three high schools, his last was the ND Prep of Texas that included him and DeAndre Jordan.

Also, Symir is 18 and reclassified. He isn't a 21 year old frosh like Todd Mayo.

This is so obvious my dog gets it. Maybe MU Prep should recall your diploma? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 08:04:21 PM »
Why are you waiting for it? Odd, your anxiety. I am simply stunned you are arguing that MUBB hasn't changed its academic standards with all that's happened.

If you think correspondence school credits are accepted under the current regime, you are mistaken.  Junior attended three high schools, his last was the ND Prep of Texas that included him and DeAndre Jordan.

Also, Symir is 18 and reclassified. He isn't a 21 year old frosh like Todd Mayo.

So the goalposts shifted. Good idea. Nobody said the academic standards haven’t changed. You’re the one who claimed not one person listed could come to Marquette today. Which is obviously wrong. That’s vastly different than saying “the academic standards have changed.”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:29 PM »
Jae is the only one who would not be allowed today. Would the others not be targeted by the current staff?  Couldn't say for sure
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 08:22:54 PM »
So the goalposts shifted. Good idea. Nobody said the academic standards haven’t changed. You’re the one who claimed not one person listed could come to Marquette today. Which is obviously wrong. That’s vastly different than saying “the academic standards have changed.”

I shifted no goals posts. I said four out of the five wouldn't even be allowed to play basketball or attend MU today due to their academics. It is a fact that they wouldn't be here today.

You took it in the weird direction of the definition of prep schools. Find a new thread to make nonsense out of.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
I shifted no goals posts. I said four out of the five wouldn't even be allowed to play basketball or attend MU today due to their academics. It is a fact that they wouldn't be here today.

You took it in the weird direction of the definition of prep schools. Find a new thread to make nonsense out of.

“It’s a fact.”  Lol. Yet you still can’t explain why. Mainly because it’s nowhere near a fact.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 08:40:52 PM »
“It’s a fact.”  Lol. Yet you still can’t explain why. Mainly because it’s nowhere near a fact.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
Derrick Wilson went to Hotchkiss.
Yes I know I went to NMH. Those are real college preparatory schools, real prep schools. Extremely hard academics.
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 02:01:34 AM »
But hey ... how 'bout that all-decade team?

Yet another Scoop Classic thread!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »
Again, you guys can keep your head in the sand back to the Buzz/Crean eras, but those players would NOT be members of MUBB today. Fact.

You can prove me wrong when there is a JUCO on the roster. Every coach since at least Al had JUCOs on their rosters. Six years in, nada for Wojo. Not a coincidence.

Wojo recruited several JUCOs.  Fact.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »

Almost sounds like you are saying MU gave Buzz some leash and Buzz f’d up as CEO of his team and couldn’t control his guys.  If only Buzz could have not blown that role, but he did.  Now TAMU can have fun with his boys.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »

Buzz took a 21 year old frosh....I wonder how that recruiting effort went down and who had one over a barrel.....ah I wonder. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
Crowder
Butler
Ellenson (the good one)
Blue
Howard
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2019, 02:32:33 PM »
Crowder
Butler
Ellenson (the good one)
Blue
Howard

This is the best answer.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
Buzz took a 21 year old frosh....I wonder how that recruiting effort went down and who had one over a barrel.....ah I wonder.

Maybe CTC had the same or longer leash, hey? Wade, Lazar, Trend, Hazel, Saunders, Lil Bit just to name a few. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:42:15 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
This is the best answer.
Lazar>Ellenson
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2019, 03:40:39 PM »
Maybe CTC had the same or longer leash, hey? Wade, Lazar, Trend, Hazel, Saunders, Lil Bit just to name a few.

CTC,s guys didn’t get us on the front page of the Chicago Tribune for all the wrong reasons.  Nor did he get himself suspended, nor did he have his assistant lie to the AD during an internal investigation, etc,etc.  I guess CTC was just better at hiding it or not being as stupid publicly.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »

??? I wonder wtf this means...I wonder why it's always innuendo with you and no facts...I wonder why your promises of future shoes dropping never happened...I wonder why you crave attention...and affirmation...on a freakin' message board...ah, I wonder.

feedback