'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Athletic story on Sam's departure  (Read 21084 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Athletic story on Sam's departure
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
Oh, and ND sucks.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »
The Bolded has been my opinion since day one.  The reason Sam was open to a transfer was because he knew he wasn't ready to be drafted.  He, currently, is not athletic enough to be drafted.  By sitting out a year, he can work on speed, dribbling, attacking the rim.  I wouldn't be surprised if he would have transferred no matter what.  Feedback from scout's had to be similar and he either sat a year at MU or transferred somewhere else.

I think there's a big PR element to his decision, as well.  Had he stayed at MU, even if he had as good or an even better year as in the past, he likely wasn't getting drafted because nothing would stand out from the past.  Now, he's going to be considered an "impact transfer" for the reigning national champs.  Even if his numbers don't improve over what he put up at MU, his name will be out there more, and he'll be competing against Duke and UNC-level teams stocked with lottery picks. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2019, 12:52:01 PM »
I think there's a big PR element to his decision, as well.  Had he stayed at MU, even if he had as good or an even better year as in the past, he likely wasn't getting drafted because nothing would stand out from the past.  Now, he's going to be considered an "impact transfer" for the reigning national champs.  Even if his numbers don't improve over what he put up at MU, his name will be out there more, and he'll be competing against Duke and UNC-level teams stocked with lottery picks.

I hope this isnt true...if so, its the 'Bear Case' on MUBB and the BEast.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »

C'mon Nads, you know better than this. Rican's opinion does not, even by the widest margin, infer hatred. Do you hate white males? Wouldn't know otherwise by your constant interjected comments, even if they are not relevant to the topic.
Hatred? Look no further than AOC, Omar, Tlaib, and Pressley.

You're outrageous (and Fox News parroted) politically commentary not withstanding...

There's a difference between being a "hater" and have "hatred" for something. Calling someone a cancer, IMO, definitely puts them in the "hater" category. Doesn't mean they literally "hate" the individual.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:09 PM »
For those mentioning whispers of Sam not playing at MU next season due to his hip... did these whispers identify who the sitting out came from? Trainers/doctors? MU coaching staff? Sam/Hauser camp?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »

NBA teams aren't going to be any more or less impressed by Sam because he's an "impact transfer" or the conference in which he's playing (especially when he'll be 4-5 years older than a lot of those lottery picks he's playing against).

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »

C'mon Nads, you know better than this. Rican's opinion does not, even by the widest margin, infer hatred. Do you hate white males? Wouldn't know otherwise by your constant interjected comments, even if they are not relevant to the topic.

Hatred is the strongest of terms.  Cancer being just below it.   The scoopers who refer to Markus as a cancer would rather he not be on the team because he is theoretically destroying it.  There is little wiggle room for interpretation.   I’m sure you understand the point being made and if it reflected your point of view you would not have stood up for that scooper.

Say someone said AL was a cancer back in the day, you and 82 would be on the same page defending Al I would hope.

When you aren’t posting gibberish you seem like a smart person.  That post above is beneath you or you are simply trolling.   

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »
NBA teams aren't going to be any more or less impressed by Sam because he's an "impact transfer" or the conference in which he's playing (especially when he'll be 4-5 years older than a lot of those lottery picks he's playing against).

I think this is pretty accurate. NBA scouts know their stuff. And while they may be a bit too heavily influenced by a strong March performance from time to time, a storyline like the one mentioned above probably doesn't move the needle on his draft stock.

It does seem likely that Sam sees Bennett as being more capable of getting him ready for the next level than Wojo, though. Maybe Sam sees guys like Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy getting drafted and thinks Bennett played a key role in their development. I could buy that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

One Scooper said there were "no Markus haters on this board." I simply pointed out that one came right out and called Markus a "cancer."

The rest of your comment was political. And stoopid as shyte. Enjoy your racist hero.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »
I think this is pretty accurate. NBA scouts know their stuff. And while they may be a bit too heavily influenced by a strong March performance from time to time, a storyline like the one mentioned above probably doesn't move the needle on his draft stock.

It does seem likely that Sam sees Bennett as being more capable of getting him ready for the next level than Wojo, though. Maybe Sam sees guys like Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy getting drafted and thinks Bennett played a key role in their development. I could buy that.

While I disagree on the sentiment that NBA scouts are persuaded by the tournament at all (more likely the better players shine during it) I agree that Sam has the idea that Bennet will turn him into an nba product better then wojo will. Which probably has truth to it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2019, 06:16:01 PM »
One Scooper said there were "no Markus haters on this board." I simply pointed out that one came right out and called Markus a "cancer."

The rest of your comment was political. And stoopid as shyte. Enjoy your racist hero.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »

Terrible take. I hope that as a "doctor" you would understand cancer is not a word that should be used or thrown around lightly. Respect for you keeps going lower. You are reaching Cain level posts. Maybe you're one and the same.
Goal is National Championship

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2019, 06:17:27 PM »
Terrible take. I hope that as a "doctor" you would understand cancer is not a word that should be used or thrown around lightly. Respect for you keeps going lower. You are reaching Cain level posts. Maybe you're one and the same.

Could be eh?

Though not sure when I said someone was a cancer.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2019, 06:17:47 PM »

No Doubt about the Look here.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2019, 06:24:49 PM »
I can’t wait to see this season play out. Look out below!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2019, 06:26:01 PM »

Sorry Doc, as far as I’m concerned Rican and the rest you mentioned are haters. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »

Could be eh?

Though not sure when I said someone was a cancer.
Sorry, obvious it was about Herman
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
I can’t wait to see this season play out. Look out below!

The best kind of Marquette fan.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2019, 06:50:38 PM »

feedback