Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108753 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »
Are you trying to win the award for most ironic post of all time?

MSK needs mental help. Cut him a break.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2019, 06:54:12 PM »
Well, perhaps we're just talking past one another. I wasn't suggesting that Sam AND Markus would have the same usage TOGETHER, but rather if roles were reversed (and Sam had Markus' usage), he wouldn't be transferring.
It appears you believe otherwise, because he's all about the team and winning.

Not taking sides one way or the other in the argument, but.....

I simply will point out that someone as slow and unathletic (relatively speaking) as Sam could never have as high of a usage rate as Markus.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2019, 06:55:39 PM »
I’d have cut Howard and let Mr. Hauser coach the team after firing Wojo

Sarcasm was such a great invention.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2019, 07:24:39 PM »

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
I’ll say this:  Potrykus is a clown and it’s a joke that a complete Badger homer like him is allowed to be the beat writer for a reputable paper like the Journal Sentinel.  He even posts on Buckyville, and I think he’s thrown shade at Marquette on there in the past, and also possibly on Twitter as well.

I feel the same way about Tom Haudricourt.  Guy wouldn’t say a bad word about the Brewers to save his soul.  But hey, that’s the Wisconsin sports media for you.

Absolutely correct!!!!!!!!!!
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2019, 07:40:32 PM »
Exactly. There were upwards of 10 scoopers who claimed to have inside info/knew the Hausers/knew someone inside Mubb....
Then to claim “my insider had bad intel”...
Frickin hilarious. No one knew a god damn thing.

No, they knew things, only at this point apparently,  not the Right Things.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »
MSU was working through scholarship issues and UVA had guys exploring the draft process. No wonder people thought UW. The only thing that was never accurate was that they gave an early silent verbal.

These are college kids who change their mind all the time. Recruiting info has a shelf life, and what someone is told can change in an instant. No need to go after people who post what they hear.
When did they change their mind? They were for sure going to UW and then changed their mind? Is this info from the Hauser’s parents or someone inside Mubb?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:02:13 PM by We R Final Four »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »

I like being called a “slurper” because I don’t attack Wojo in every post
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »
You heard it from the Hausers they were going to UW. You proclaimed it several times. That is some serious fricking inside info....yet you were wrong.
I thank baby Jesus you (and others) were wrong. I guess I don’t understand why many claim to have connections and inside info.....and yet, you didn’t have anything.
I don't lie....initial post from april 22nd below...heard more (and more reliable) after that...again saying UW.  Obviously things changed and they decided to split up...that means what i heard was wrong?  I shouldn't have posted the info that was available at the time?  Having inside info on this means jack sh1t to me.  No one on this board knows who i am.  If you think for one second that I care to impress anyone by happening to have a few connections on this one you are sorely mistaken. 

heard UW second hand through his parents...this person also raved about the parents being great individuals.  At that time it sounded like they weren't hearing from MSU or UVA...as i said...hope that changes...i have no interest in seeing them go to bucky.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:30:40 PM by avid1010 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »
MSU was working through scholarship issues and UVA had guys exploring the draft process. No wonder people thought UW. The only thing that was never accurate was that they gave an early silent verbal.

These are college kids who change their mind all the time. Recruiting info has a shelf life, and what someone is told can change in an instant. No need to go after people who post what they hear.

No issues with people posting what they hear. Just wish they were better at recognizing when what they're hearing is opinion, conjecture, or just straight up BS. Or when they post it's in the form of "I heard this..." instead of "they're going to ....."
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2019, 08:53:25 PM »
I like being called a “slurper” because I don’t attack Wojo in every post
But you do praise, defend and make excuses for him in every post. So wear the moniker with all the false pride you can muster.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2019, 08:59:54 PM »
I don't lie....initial post from april 22nd below...heard more (and more reliable) after that...again saying UW.  Obviously things changed and they decided to split up...that means what i heard was wrong?  I shouldn't have posted the info that was available at the time?  Having inside info on this means jack sh1t to me.  No one on this board knows who i am.  If you think for one second that I care to impress anyone by happening to have a few connections on this one you are sorely mistaken. 

heard UW second hand through his parents...this person also raved about the parents being great individuals.  At that time it sounded like they weren't hearing from MSU or UVA...as i said...hope that changes...i have no interest in seeing them go to bucky.
You are not the only one to have....heard it directly from your source(Hausers). I don’t believe the boys had made up their mind where they were going, but most all sources ASSUMED Wisconsin and stated such as fact. Then we heard of visits to other schools. Some doubled down, trusting their sources yet again, stating the boys were bambouzaling other coaches in some strange charade. If my sources tell me they are going to UW, why are they going through the level of deception? Post all the insider info you want, it just doesn’t seem to mean much in this case.
I don’t think you intenationally lied, I think you and others wanted to be right and posted over and over with what turns out to be misinformation.
Doesn’t matter much, and thank sweet baby Jesus they are not wearing cardinal and white.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2019, 09:00:19 PM »
But you do praise, defend and make excuses for him in every post. So wear the moniker with all the false pride you can muster.

You must have me confused with someone else

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2019, 09:21:01 PM »
I said UW early on...essentially heard it from the parents...at that time MSU and UVA were not possibilities.  I would guess that is why they ended up at two different schools.  If they were my kids...I'd be thinking Joey made a great choice.  I'd be looking at Sam and saying it's a bit of a risk...but likely his best shot at the NBA.  I love that they didn't go to UW. 

I hope like hell MU can play lockdown deffense this year and Markus can be consistent with his game.

Going into the draft at 23 is his best chance at the NBA?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »
You are not the only one to have....heard it directly from your source(Hausers). I don’t believe the boys had made up their mind where they were going, but most all sources ASSUMED Wisconsin and stated such as fact. Then we heard of visits to other schools. Some doubled down, trusting their sources yet again, stating the boys were bambouzaling other coaches in some strange charade. If my sources tell me they are going to UW, why are they going through the level of deception? Post all the insider info you want, it just doesn’t seem to mean much in this case.
I don’t think you intenationally lied, I think you and others wanted to be right and posted over and over with what turns out to be misinformation.
Doesn’t matter much, and thank sweet baby Jesus they are not wearing cardinal and white.
Never said they made up their mind...and I defended the boys when a poster claimed that they were "punking" TI and TB.  Given how it ended up...seems like the initial comment of MSU and UVA not being interested is likely...and why they had to go in different directions. 

I'm done posting...it was stupid to do so in the first place.  I didn't think I had any big time info as it was being shared pretty openly...but still probably didn't need to be posted. 

One last comment...I didn't intentionally or unitentionally lie.  That's an intentional or unintentional lie on your behalf.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2019, 09:27:35 PM »
Nope, which is why I am not alone in saying what I did.  You know what, I am probably those guys, too...ehh....with 100% certainty...eh?

So by your logic if I say that you're the biggest douche in the world and I'm not alone in saying it that would prove it was true.

Not that I would say that, of course...it's just comforting to know I could prove it to be true that easily...if I wanted to...eh?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
Not taking sides one way or the other in the argument, but.....

I simply will point out that someone as slow and unathletic (relatively speaking) as Sam could never have as high of a usage rate as Markus.

Sam doesn't want the ball.  He just wants the ball to move.  Watch SPASH, it's beautiful.

Huge miss for MU.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2019, 01:17:35 AM »
So by your logic if I say that you're the biggest douche in the world and I'm not alone in saying it that would prove it was true.

Not that I would say that, of course...it's just comforting to know I could prove it to be true that easily...if I wanted to...eh?

You can say anything you wish LT, nothing has stopped you in the past....don’t stop now.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2019, 07:14:02 AM »
You must have me confused with someone else
No. Your number is well known.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2019, 07:15:41 AM »
Sam doesn't want the ball.  He just wants the ball to move.  Watch SPASH, it's beautiful.

Huge miss for MU.
Yes  as Wojo was

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2019, 07:19:01 AM »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2019, 07:33:29 AM »
No. Your number is well known.

I think you have me confused with someone else

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
You can say anything you wish LT, nothing has stopped you in the past....don’t stop now.

As previously stated, I would never say it. Only trying to point out how silly/dangerous it is to say that two, a few or even many people thinking something is true makes it so. You're certainly aware of it (as you should be) when it suits your argument.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2019, 08:52:07 AM »
I think you have me confused with someone else
Now you're going to confuse him
Goal is National Championship

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2019, 09:26:33 AM »
This post at Buckyville by ACinMSP is one of the best ever and will be forever saved.

OMG...and some of them believe it.  LOL.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/sam-joey-hauser-transferring-from-marquette-t98828-s3700.html

That is hillarious, thanks for sharing. Every time I get upset at things posted on the scoop I should just chill and read sites from other schools.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

feedback