Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Evan Flood and the Hausers. Not going to UW?  (Read 19048 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Evan Flood and the Hausers. Not going to UW?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »
Good news if true. But I’m not gonna believe it until they sign elsewhere.

UW is the destination until confirmed.

Having said that, Wojo should be ok the horn to Sam today. Finish as a 1,500 point scorer. Go down as an MU legend.
No exclamation points? Weak,hey...
Goal is National Championship

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
Why is this stooping to a level? I mean I guess you shouldn't tell college students what to do with their lives, but I think saying that Sam should stay at MU is at an equal level to saying that they should go anywhere else.

This sounds desperate. Their minds were made up weeks ago. Let it go.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 04:05:07 PM »
The only evidence provided for why they were definitely going to UW was a group of fans' gut feelings and sour grapes.

I love Madison, I lived there for a few years. Even dated someone there! Doesn't mean I'm moving back. Also doesn't mean I'm going to force my brother to move there with me, especially when he is way more needy/particular than me.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2019, 04:14:31 PM »
Can Markus and Sam just make-up and let Joey move on.  Markus take a ride to Stevens Point and work it out, you really want to sit out next year, makes no sense.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2019, 04:49:42 PM »

This sounds desperate. Their minds were made up weeks ago. Let it go.

Didn't you say their minds were made up to go to Wisconsin a few weeks ago?  Minds change eh?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »
I’m holding out hope they come back lol. I think Wojo should at least reach out to Sam and make a pitch that it’s best for him to come back. Joey will be a good to great college player in time but may be better off finding a better fit.
No shice wojo should reach out  but doubt if he will. He does not want to destroy the great chemistry he has instilled in the MU culture
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2019, 04:54:25 PM »
That ship has sailed, guys. I'm just glad they didn't end up there. And let's be honest, whichever way it shakes out with UVA and MSU, they're upgrading.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »
Evan Flood has been wrong on so many things related to recruiting with Wisconsin over the years so why is everyone getting all excited?  This really is a recruiting situation. 

On the Howard Moore situation, absolutely terrible.  Unbelievably sad.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »
Joey to MSU and Sam to UVA

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2019, 05:26:58 PM »
Joey to MSU and Sam to UVA

And the Beat goes on.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2019, 05:32:11 PM »
That ship has sailed, guys. I'm just glad they didn't end up there. And let's be honest, whichever way it shakes out with UVA and MSU, they're upgrading.

No offense to you in anyway, but 24 hours ago...Sam at least was a lock to UW, and look what happened now?? To say that ship has sailed...with recruiting, you just never know. But I agree with you, this is absolutely the best outcome if he wasn't going to stay at MU. I'm good with wherever he decides to go now, although again, I much prefer he be at MU.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2019, 06:31:11 PM »
No offense to you in anyway, but 24 hours ago...Sam at least was a lock to UW, and look what happened now?? To say that ship has sailed...with recruiting, you just never know. But I agree with you, this is absolutely the best outcome if he wasn't going to stay at MU. I'm good with wherever he decides to go now, although again, I much prefer he be at MU.
I like the athletic make up of the team for the coming season. We are going to be a formidable defensive team and will still have plenty of offensive weapons. So while I am sad the brothers left, I would rather see them find what they are looking for and let MU find its own path to greatness.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »
They didn’t end up there based on one rumor?

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2019, 06:49:05 PM »
This is awesome badger fans arrogance. 

I have a suspicion - totally guessing, no insider knowledge or anything - that over the past week somebody (or their own consciences, who knows) asked them something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to deal with a) the pressure of being 'saviors' of a recruiting class for the entire state, and b) the frothy rage of Marquette fans in general all the time and directly once a year?"

Wouldn't surprise me if those nagging questions started to gnaw at them.

How about they did not want to play for a crappy system, one that does not develop NBA players, and destined for the bottom half the big 10-12-14 with the recruits Gard can get.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »
Hope Sam comes back.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2019, 07:25:32 PM »
Hope Sam comes back.

Me too. Possible, but not probable. Any idea on how this would happen? A lot of people would need to agree post divorce.  The letter   (assuming it did exist) and the Hausers departure shortly after Markus said he was coming back are just 2 reasons I said "not probable." Wojo, Markus, and the rest of the team would be involved. That's assuming Sam is even interested. But hey!- if Evan Flood's account proves true, some really strange things have already happened. Never say never.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2019, 08:13:24 PM »
This whole rumor mill thing has been a blast. The last I heard, Sam wanted to go to UVA and Joey to MSU, but their mom wanted them to go to Madison. Now we hear it’s the opposite. I can’t wait for the rumor that their mom really wanted them to  stay at MU.  ::)

Glad to hear the Bucky boards are going apoplectic...although I thought that was a normal day for them.

MuMark

• All American

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »
wis disney dad

@wisdisneydad
Follow Follow @wisdisneydad
More
Replying to @jaypo1961
gard needs to go....now

5:39 PM - 25 May 2019

We've got to sign this guy up to Scoop NOW!!!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2019, 08:34:25 PM »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2019, 08:45:11 PM »
We really need corroboration. Anybody have something to offer? The Hausers' long announcement delay is  strange and as much as I like the story that they are not going to UW, I wish we had corroborating evidence so that it moves beyond a rumor. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 08:47:13 PM »
We really need corroboration. Anybody have something to offer? The Hausers' long announcement delay is  strange and as much as I like the story that they are not going to UW, I wish we had corroborating evidence so that it moves beyond a rumor.

I doubt Potrykus publishes it if there were still a chance they were going to Madison. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
I doubt Potrykus publishes it if there were still a chance they were going to Madison.

Took the words out of my mouth. If those guys are saying the ship sailed, it feels pretty certain.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
Report: Sam, Joey Hauser will not go to Wisconsin Badgers after leaving Marquette
http://www.wtmj.com/sports/college/report-sam-joey-hauser-will-not-go-to-wisconsin-badgers-after-leaving-marquette/1080961008

The attached was on twitter.  A J-S subscriber's article.  I don't subscribe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:03:57 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein