Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Evan Flood and the Hausers. Not going to UW?  (Read 18925 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Evan Flood and the Hausers. Not going to UW?
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2019, 09:18:20 PM »
Why even stoop to the level of saying Sam should stay?

Come on doc, yutes make mistakes man. Dincha ever run away from home hoping mama would come lookin for ya? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2019, 09:25:03 PM »
Report: Sam, Joey Hauser will not go to Wisconsin Badgers after leaving Marquette
http://www.wtmj.com/sports/college/report-sam-joey-hauser-will-not-go-to-wisconsin-badgers-after-leaving-marquette/1080961008

The attached was on twitter.  A J-S subscriber's article.  I don't subscribe.

WTMJ is just regurgitating the Potrykus tweet.

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2019, 09:28:26 PM »
Report: Sam, Joey Hauser will not go to Wisconsin Badgers after leaving Marquette
http://www.wtmj.com/sports/college/report-sam-joey-hauser-will-not-go-to-wisconsin-badgers-after-leaving-marquette/1080961008

The attached was on twitter.  A J-S subscriber's article.  I don't subscribe.

I think the actual headline of the JS article is “Sources: Hauser brothers no longer plan to transfer to Wisconsin. #mubb #Badgers”

I love the audacity of “no longer plan” like it was ever formally announced. I hope this public meltdown continues.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2019, 09:31:44 PM »
I think the actual headline of the JS article is “Sources: Hauser brothers no longer plan to transfer to Wisconsin. #mubb #Badgers”

I love the audacity of “no longer plan” like it was ever formally announced. I hope this public meltdown continues.

It was never the plan. It was an option. The third one at that. I’m calling BS on the “verbal” last week as well.

Edit: and not quite a minute after I submitted this post Goodman confirms what I just said.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:40:18 PM by AirPunch »

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »
I still think Izzo in town was telling to me.   I even told my wife, I bet Joey goes to MSU... Just sayin'.... 8-)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2019, 09:48:43 PM »

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2019, 10:23:30 PM »
I find this quite amusing. The Badger community goes from “they are for sure coming here” and “they verballed to Gard” to “ they aren’t coming here because their mom won’t let them” and “Steph Hauser is keeping her adult boys from their dream school.”  And all of this without one single word from the Hausers.  The combination of frantic fans and tangential “insiders” allowed an entire narrative to rise and fall in the course of about a week. Social media is amazing, isn’t it?
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2019, 10:23:59 PM »
Figurin' on SMU and Tulane. Horse a piece on who goes wear, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »
I'm enjoying that they aren't going to Bucky, but this whole Hauser transfer thing has been just bizarre.  It was crazy that they decided to transfer in the first place.

Then, when their transfer was announced they said they were going to keep playing together.  Now they're splitting up?  Why even transfer in the first place??

And you don't want to play at UW? Totally understandable, but why split up?  There are plenty of other high major programs in the country that would have gladly taken both of them.  So now they're going to sit out a year and play separately.   What a freaking weird deal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:49:53 PM by GrimmReaper33 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2019, 10:55:57 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2019, 10:57:12 PM »
1. They left MU....that sucked.

2. They are most likely not going to UW...that’s awesome.

3. If #2 is true, I don’t care if they split up or play together.......makes no difference what so ever.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:01:54 PM by We R Final Four »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2019, 11:00:48 PM »
I think their “wet finger” in the wind blew up on them. They were getting chit either way.  One, for announcing the transfer and two, all the bs on why, what, where and who.  I believe they under estimated the blow back.

I know the initial word was udub  then the chit hit the fan. Because no official word came out, it’s easy to say, well, they never committed to anything. They should have waited until the semester was officially over, but with the announcement of the transfer and a week or so of classes and finals left, ya probably could have cut the tension with a chainsaw. Im gonna guess they didn’t do too well on their finals
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »
Given the fact that UW is allegedly out, where could they legitimately go now.. Is it down to MSU or UVA?

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2019, 11:51:10 PM »
Who cares where they go! The Hausers are dead to me!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2019, 11:53:08 PM »
I think their “wet finger” in the wind blew up on them. They were getting chit either way.  One, for announcing the transfer and two, all the bs on why, what, where and who.  I believe they under estimated the blow back.

I think you are absolutely correct here. But they leave MU for a National Champ and a Final Four team from last year. It still worked out.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2019, 09:16:17 AM »
Ah, the badger board idiots and their ability to get all lathered up with the nonsense of “silent verbals” from their lead idiot (ETR) and cheerleader media (potrykas, oates, lucas).  And I struggle to actually call Oates real media.

Like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football each time Lucy pulls it away.

How long do we have to wait until we hear about the Jalen Johnson “silent verbal?”
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:22:21 AM by PointWarrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2019, 09:55:52 AM »
Accepting the premise that it was the mother who forbade them from going to Wisconsin, and I fully accept that it is both hearsay and a huge reach, the question becomes 'why'?

My answer to the theoretical.... Still hasn't gotten over Bo leaving Sam hanging AND THEN the way Bucky message denizens trashed her family.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
Wow that was some Sunday reading. I'd like to get a string diagram of all their sources over there. Everyone has 3 it seems and they all said the same thing. Pretty sure it's probably just one guy close to the program (who has been right a lot before) who get's a little excited about what he thinks he hears (Hauser's called and they are excited about Wisconsin = Silent Verbal!) and spreads it out.

Ranking of top thoughts over there has to go something like:
1. MU donors paying off Hausers not to go to MU! + multiple people are buying into the theory, mostly because they can't prove otherwise.
2. They were basically a 20/21 National Championship contender with them. Also Jalen Johnson was going to come there for his one year because of the Hauser dominoes.
3. Steph is some combination of B, helicopter parent, grudge holder, and evil dictator (like the one on the TNT commercials) of the Hauser family. Also, according to sources (good sources), Izzo called her a B.

Honorable mention for: Didn't want the pressure of being saviors of UW + MU scorn, Academic/Admission problems holding things up (MU credits hard to transfer in to such a prestigious university), The nerve to do this on the day of the Moore news shows what kind of people they are, Did this on purpose to hurt UW recruiting (according to sources in Point).

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
Accepting the premise that it was the mother who forbade them from going to Wisconsin, and I fully accept that it is both hearsay and a huge reach, the question becomes 'why'?

My answer to the theoretical.... Still hasn't gotten over Bo leaving Sam hanging AND THEN the way Bucky message denizens trashed her family.

Below is purely theoretical also:

Maybe something simple and non-nefarious. Mom knew the first time around that Sam really wanted to go to Virginia, and Joey wanted to go to MSU, but they went to MU because they thought their mom wanted to watch them play together. Come a 2nd decision, they were going to try to placate family by going to UW to play together.  Mom stepped in and said don't go to UW for us. Go to where you want, for what is best for you.

Kids took her up on the offer.

connie

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2019, 11:27:54 AM »
Reading that board confirms that I chose the right alma mater to support.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

MU80

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »
Looks like a total misplay on their part. Maybe the brotherly love just wasn’t that strong. Why would Sam transfer? His hate for MH and Wojo was that strong, maybe I guess. Now he waits an extra yr to play pro (it will not be NBA) maybe Euro. Does anyone really think 2 yrs at UVA is going to make him a first or second round NBA pick. I don’t because you can’t teach speed or quickness. The best thing he developed was that beautiful turn around jumper in the lane. He now does not know what his PT will be at UVA, and they are a blue blood and will get talent. Perhaps that’s why they separated because they would potentially eat into each other’s PT. That was not going to happen next yr at MU. MH was not going to handle the ball anywhere near as much next yr as he did this yr. what a dream to have a true ball handler driving and feeding the shooters. We haven’t seen that much in recent yrs at MU. UW also didn’t make sense to me if Johnson goes there because for the one yr he was going to take significant PT and guess which 2 would have lost the PT. Also why would Joey want to ever play with the nutcracker??

source?

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »
Looks like a total misplay on their part. Maybe the brotherly love just wasn’t that strong. Why would Sam transfer? His hate for MH and Wojo was that strong, maybe I guess. Now he waits an extra yr to play pro (it will not be NBA) maybe Euro. Does anyone really think 2 yrs at UVA is going to make him a first or second round NBA pick. I don’t because you can’t teach speed or quickness. The best thing he developed was that beautiful turn around jumper in the lane. He now does not know what his PT will be at UVA, and they are a blue blood and will get talent. Perhaps that’s why they separated because they would potentially eat into each other’s PT. That was not going to happen next yr at MU. MH was not going to handle the ball anywhere near as much next yr as he did this yr. what a dream to have a true ball handler driving and feeding the shooters. We haven’t seen that much in recent yrs at MU. UW also didn’t make sense to me if Johnson goes there because for the one yr he was going to take significant PT and guess which 2 would have lost the PT. Also why would Joey want to ever play with the nutcracker??

Knit picking here, but UVA has 10 fewer NCAA appearances and the same number of FF and titles as us. TB has done great there but they aren't a blue blood.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2019, 12:22:07 PM »
Knit picking here, but UVA has 10 fewer NCAA appearances and the same number of FF and titles as us. TB has done great there but they aren't a blue blood.
+100

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2019, 12:23:29 PM »

The term blue blood gets thrown around too much. There are 4 Blue Bloods Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas.

2 former UCLA and Indiana

And then the very good UConn, Arizona, Villanova, Louisville, MSU, and a few knocking on the door.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2019, 12:24:12 PM »
Best of luck, young men.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.