[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA 2019  (Read 8518 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
PGA 2019
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
Generally I would say Tiger is going to run away with it, however, the typical PGA Championship set up brings more  potential players into the competition.  The course is wet so the guys who carry the ball should do well and also the greens will be receptive. So quite a few different type of players will be in the thick of things the way it usually is at a PGA.

That said If Tiger is meaningfully  under par for the first round it will be very difficult for anyone to beat him.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: PGA 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:37:17 AM »
herman herman herman-i love tiger and great to see crowd getting behind him working in to a fever, BUT not on this course under these conditions.  not only is it long, but it is wet.  if he has trouble keeping it on the short stuff, my fear is his back holding up to pounding it out of the thick thick rough.  my draft king line up-koepka, reed, finau, woodland, bubba, piercy.  all long and strong mofo's.  reed is hungry for some attention. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:09:52 AM »
herman herman herman-i love tiger and great to see crowd getting behind him working in to a fever, BUT not on this course under these conditions.  not only is it long, but it is wet.  if he has trouble keeping it on the short stuff, my fear is his back holding up to pounding it out of the thick thick rough.  my draft king line up-koepka, reed, finau, woodland, bubba, piercy.  all long and strong mofo's.  reed is hungry for some attention.

I agree. There’s a reason he didn’t show up for his slated Wed 9hole practice round. Fused or not fused, a back is weather-dependent and not to be messed with.

Apparently a certain punter agrees with Herman wholeheartedly. The infamous $85G Win bettor on Tiger is up to his old tricks...he apparently took $100G of his profits and wagered it on TW to complete this year’s calendar Slam...I think he got 125-1.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 07:48:47 AM »
I think Tigers back is healed. He is still very strong and in shape. Tiger is older which is why he decided to rest on Wednesday.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
Course playing tough so far today.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »
Tiger now -1 through 13 after an Eagle. Worked through a couple of doubles.   Going to be very hard for anyone to beat him in this tournament now.  Koepka is a good player but he won't be able to make enough birdies to keep up with Tiger down the stretch.
                       ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 12:03:21 PM »
Tiger now -1 through 13 after an Eagle. Worked through a couple of doubles.   Going to be very hard for anyone to beat him in this tournament now.  Koepka is a good player but he won't be able to make enough birdies to keep up with Tiger down the stretch.

Well, unless Tiger starts making bogies like the last few holes.

I’m pretty convinced Koepka is more machine than man now. Listening to him on PMT this week was interesting. It helps show how he stays so calm out there.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 01:29:47 PM »

Yeah, Koepka is toast.  Start making the odds for Tiger to complete the Grand Slam cause he's got the PGA locked up.  9 off the lead after 1, 2 doubles and 3 bogeys on a course not suited to his game, should probably win by 4 strokes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 02:12:02 PM »
Koepka threatening to make it a runaway.

Tiger threatening to miss the cut.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »
Koepka threatening to make it a runaway.

Tiger threatening to miss the cut.
Tiger had a bad day putting. He will do well tomorrow. 

Koepka had a good day putting. He will do well tomorrow. A very focused competitor.

---Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »
Why the hell are they playing the PGA in May?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 04:02:11 PM »

...and why in new york??  the southwest is ideal right now mid 70's-85 & DRY!!.  enough to make a grown wisconsin man cry

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 04:53:13 PM »

The irony in your Tiger stance is that you call out others for being Wojo slurpers.

There is NO ONE on Scoop that is even remotely close to supporting Wojo like you support Tiger.

And I say that as a HUGE Tiger fan.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »

The PGA Tour changed the schedule to have the FedEx Cup playoffs end prior to the NFL season. Due to that, numerous events got shifted in the calendar, including the PGA.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:19 PM »
...and why in new york??  the southwest is ideal right now mid 70's-85 & DRY!!.  enough to make a grown wisconsin man cry

It is fine. I'm tired hearing about the weather. Too many takes leading up to Bethpage acting like a blizzard would strike since the event is now in May. Not every tour event needs to be play at 85 degrees.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 05:16:20 PM »
Moisture, wind, thick rough, temperature swings.   Weather is part of it.  Golf isn't played in a dome.  Layer up, sack up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 06:46:27 PM »
It is fine. I'm tired hearing about the weather. Too many takes leading up to Bethpage acting like a blizzard would strike since the event is now in May. Not every tour event needs to be play at 85 degrees.

fair point   

i guess i was looking at it from a fans viewpoint watching it live and my preferences not to golf in a parka

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »
fair point   

i guess i was looking at it from a fans viewpoint watching it live and my preferences not to golf in a parka

Living in the upper midwest, sometimes you golf in a parka or you don't golf.    Adjust your yardages accordingly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:41 PM »
The irony in your Tiger stance is that you call out others for being Wojo slurpers.

There is NO ONE on Scoop that is even remotely close to supporting Wojo like you support Tiger.

And I say that as a HUGE Tiger fan.
Point well taken.

I guess it is because Tiger represents Historic greatness.  Peak Physical and  Peak Mental Talent combined. We have only seen a few athletes in history with this combination. Jordan, Babe Ruth, Jessie Owens,Nicklaus, Phelps etc.

Tigers greatness actually makes me appreciate the performance of the guys who compete well against him.

---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
Living in the upper midwest, sometimes you golf in a parka or you don't golf.    Adjust your yardages accordingly.

I will golf in a golf shirt maybe with a light windbreaker on/off and shorts in high 50’s. Anything much more, I don’t golf here, I fly south. Now in Az, it can be in 60’s to 70with a little wind and that is considered cold down yonder

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 10:08:13 PM »
Point well taken.

I guess it is because Tiger represents Historic greatness.  Peak Physical and  Peak Mental Talent combined. We have only seen a few athletes in history with this combination. Jordan, Babe Ruth, Jessie Owens,Nicklaus, Phelps etc.

Tigers greatness actually makes me appreciate the performance of the guys who compete well against him.

Agree

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
Koepka keeps rolling. Tiger right on cut line. Still early, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 04:01:54 PM »
Koepka keeps rolling. Tiger right on cut line. Still early, though.
Koepka very solid.  Tiger in danger of missing cut. He is +5 and current cut is +3.
                       ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 04:10:35 PM »
Koepka very solid.  Tiger in danger of missing cut. He is +5 and current cut is +3.

If Tiger doesn’t birdie this final par 5, fire up the yacht

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 04:24:11 PM »
If Tiger doesn’t birdie this final par 5, fire up the yacht

The yacht is un-moored already. Brooks DGASOF about Tiger.

feedback