[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA 2019  (Read 8519 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: PGA 2019
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2019, 10:35:35 PM »
Tiger now -1 through 13 after an Eagle. Worked through a couple of doubles.   Going to be very hard for anyone to beat him in this tournament now.  Koepka is a good player but he won't be able to make enough birdies to keep up with Tiger down the stretch.

How many strokes did Tiger end up winning by?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2019, 09:45:23 AM »
Choke job, hey?

DJ letting him off the hook.

I'm not gonna pretend that Koepka played well, but I think people are underestimating how RIDICULOUS that course got in the late afternoon.  The wind was playing in a way that players were finding it hard to trust themselves.

You see a player hit a tee shot, the commentators say "perfect line there" and it ends up in the second cut. 

Koepka on the 15th, hits 8 iron into a 150 yard hole, when DJ hit a 7 iron pin high 15 min earlier, and he ends up 30 yards past.  Thats beyond "well i misjudged the club".

You see a collapse like Greg Norman at the Masters where someone implodes, and then you watch Koepka's gnarly stretch and it just seemed like a really hard course playing even harder.  Credit to him for settling down and getting it.  Low round yesterday was 68 and most of the field was in the mid 70s, it was just brutal. DJ was just absolutely scorching until his late fade, thats the only reason it was ever in question

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2019, 09:53:37 AM »
Choke job, hey?

Yep, DJ choked.

How 'bout the gallery openly rooting for Koepka to choke? I'm usually against the whole "golf is too pristine for anybody to move an inch" crowd, but actively going against somebody? Not too classy.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 11:14:39 AM »
Yep, DJ choked.

How 'bout the gallery openly rooting for Koepka to choke? I'm usually against the whole "golf is too pristine for anybody to move an inch" crowd, but actively going against somebody? Not too classy.

As someone said earlier, he’s the heel of golf. People tune in to see Tiger win, they may also tune in to see Koepka lose.

Don’t think Brooks is gonna lose any sleep over it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »
I tune in to watch Tiger lose.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »
As someone said earlier, he’s the heel of golf. People tune in to see Tiger win, they may also tune in to see Koepka lose.

Don’t think Brooks is gonna lose any sleep over it.

Why is Koepka a "heel"?

By most accounts, he isn't exactly Mr. Personality, and I could see how some might think he's aloof, but when I think of a "heel," I think of a jerk more along the lines of Reed.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2019, 12:25:34 PM »
Why is Koepka a "heel"?

By most accounts, he isn't exactly Mr. Personality, and I could see how some might think he's aloof, but when I think of a "heel," I think of a jerk more along the lines of Reed.

Because he beat Tiger last year? Because he doesn’t ham it up for the cameras? Cause he approaches the game like a machine and doesn’t play up the “for the love of the game” angle? None of those are compelling to me, but it’s stuff I’ve seen. Hell, people were ripping on him for not kissing his GF on the way to the first tee yesterday.

He doesn’t fit the bold personality casual fans want, and he’s an absolute killer who beats people they do like, so I guess that makes him a heel now.

The irony of fans chanting for DJ is, while he seems to have cleaned up his act, thats a dude who was a complete scumbag with a recreational drug problem, and you can’t even play the success angle cause Koepka is far more accomplished

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
Still seems weird, given the definition of heel:

a contemptible person : a person who is self-centered or untrustworthy

He might be boring or robot-like, but that's a far cry from being a heel.

Effen Tiger has spent much of his life as a heel.

Not arguing with you, JWags because you're just the messenger here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
I didn't say he is a heel.  I said he could be marketed as a heel.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
My extended interview exposure to him is limited to that PMT interview, but he has a great sense of humor. 

He could be marketed -maybe as a heel, maybe in other ways, as shown by:

his "that's Gucci bruh" comment;
laughing about Tiger being "caught" looking at his gf; and
then rejecting his gf attempt to kiss him before the final round

etc all show that he gets it; he just also is focused etc.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »
Brooks is an interesting study. I likely watch more PGA Tour than 99% of the world, but I don't have a feel for Brooks.

I like him, I like his game. Cheer for him, but ultimately I'm cheering for a lot more guys than him. The PMT interview helped a bunch to make him more personal, and I like him calling people out. I like Michelob Ultra.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2019, 11:12:27 PM »
TV Ratings for PGA Championship were down significantly. Some of this was no Tiger on the weekend. The other part may be the move of the tournament to May where there are other sports events on TV.

https://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/pga-championship-preakness-ratings-both-stumble/19432/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
watching the memorial-i get it, but the media love affair with anything tiger is kinda over the top.  follow him to driving range,to the putting green, into the bathroom...then there's the countdown to his tee time?  i mean follow the guy but...there are others.  i've got the app to watch these things live and stricker is having an incredible 3rd round!  -6 thru 12 holes after just making the cut and they haven't shown him once!!  old white man bringing himself back into contention at -5...come on man!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
watching the memorial-i get it, but the media love affair with anything tiger is kinda over the top.  follow him to driving range,to the putting green, into the bathroom...then there's the countdown to his tee time?  i mean follow the guy but...there are others.  i've got the app to watch these things live and stricker is having an incredible 3rd round!  -6 thru 12 holes after just making the cut and they haven't shown him once!!  old white man bringing himself back into contention at -5...come on man!!

Yes, the love affair of black folks at the expense of older white men is what will bring down this great nation of ours!  8-)

Just having some fun there, rocket. I actually agree with you about the way the most hyped athletes get ever more hype all the time. I lived it almost daily with Michael -- was amused by it, and sometimes concerned about it ... and yet in my way I was part of the "problem."

If their research and/or their ratings didn't show that All Tiger All The Time worked, they'd stop doing it!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
Yes, the love affair of black folks at the expense of older white men is what will bring down this great nation of ours!  8-)

Just having some fun there, rocket. I actually agree with you about the way the most hyped athletes get ever more hype all the time. I lived it almost daily with Michael -- was amused by it, and sometimes concerned about it ... and yet in my way I was part of the "problem."

If their research and/or their ratings didn't show that All Tiger All The Time worked, they'd stop doing it!

absolutely!  the dude brought golf to a new level, he's...ahem...pretty good, and most of us love a good "come back" story.  he's one of those rare phenoms that actually continued to play to and beyond the hype first seeing him on the mike douglas show as a 2 year old.  he dominated golf through 2008.  then the lull and the doubt.  now he has resurrected the awe...but i still want to see some other golfers damn it...especially the ones i have on my draftkings lineup  :)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
absolutely!  the dude brought golf to a new level, he's...ahem...pretty good, and most of us love a good "come back" story.  he's one of those rare phenoms that actually continued to play to and beyond the hype first seeing him on the mike douglas show as a 2 year old.  he dominated golf through 2008.  then the lull and the doubt.  now he has resurrected the awe...but i still want to see some other golfers damn it...especially the ones i have on my draftkings lineup  :)
I am a huge Tiger fan because of his greatness. That said I prefer watching all the others compete to get to his standard.   For example, when Mike Weir won Masters in 2003 or  Zach Johnson won 2007 Masters it was a heck of a win for them. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2019, 08:10:08 PM »
I am a huge Tiger fan because of his greatness. That said I prefer watching all the others compete to get to his standard.   For example, when Mike Weir won Masters in 2003 or  Zach Johnson won 2007 Masters it was a heck of a win for them.

yes-spreadin the love

feedback