[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA 2019  (Read 8546 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: PGA 2019
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 04:27:04 PM »
Still a great leader board.    The lack of undulation helps Adam Scott.   Spieth finally showed signs of life.    Tiger will have two extra days to rest his back.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »
Koepka after 63-65.... I didn't play that well today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2019, 06:06:45 PM »
Koepka a very focused player. The weekend should be fun. Will see if anyone can make a run at him.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 06:10:39 PM »
facking bubba needed a 2 footer to keep my draft kings lineup intact.  what a bum!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 06:56:12 PM »

He’s hitting it good. After the 1st round, Tiger said 63 was the worst possible outcome. Could’ve been a 60.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »
Koepka is the best golfer on the planet. The problem for the PGA is he has to be one of the most boring personalities on tour as well. Can’t really profit off of him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 07:47:55 PM »
this is priceless-good thing rahm didn't have to drop a deuce-yeah, dustin's practice swings were that important ;D ;D ;D

https://golfweek.com/2019/05/17/golf-jon-rahm-caught-urinating-dustin-johnson-pga-championship/
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »
Call me negative, but I don't think Tiger can win this tournament.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 08:55:39 PM »
Call me negative, but I don't think Tiger can win this tournament.
I agree with this analysis.
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 10:08:29 PM »
It was strange to hear Tiger talk about not playing between the Masters and PGA because he wasn't "well enough," and that he hopes he's "well" for the U.S. Open in a month.

Not sure what all that means. His back? Some other issue?

His performance these last couple days makes what he did in the Masters seem all the more remarkable. Makes it seem like an outlier, too, but we'll see.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »
Tiger had an emotional high from the Masters.    Then he didn't play any tournaments before the PGA and said that he didn't feel the best.     Then he got hit with a lawsuit.    And he didn't feel well enough to prepare the way he likes.     Meh.    Already a great year for him.   

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »
Does Tiger really care about the PGA anyway?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »
Does Tiger really care about the PGA anyway?

Teal?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53:19 AM »
Koepka In Pardon My Take fantastic

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »
Koepka has a personality, and an interesting one.   The problem is how to market it.    I think what will ultimately happen will almost be a take from professional wrestling.      In other golf threads, we have reference Patrick Reed as a heel.    One of the things about a heel, though, is they have to be really good, so you can get the whole 'good triumphing over evil' schtick.    Right now, Patrick Reed isn't good enough to be a heel.   
  Koepka, on the other hand, could very well become a heel.   To mix metaphors, during recent majors, he is like the Borg (resistance is futile) or Thanos (I am inevitable),  a nearly unstoppable monolith.    Because of his takes.... golf takes too long..... I know that in a major I only have to beat a few guys.... slow play..... I just drift away between holes 5 and 12.... the media hates me.....   I feed off their disrespect.....   he could become the anti-hero.    The heel.    Who can only be beaten by heroic efforts of the scrappy underdog.   Or the oldster who wants one last major.  (Mickelson at Pebble?)     Having Phil out duel Koepka at Pebble for the career slam would be epic.      But it would not stop the inevitability of Koepka at every major for the next few years.   

Because right now, Koepka's best is better than anybody else's best.     

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2019, 03:22:08 PM »
Koepka has a personality, and an interesting one.   The problem is how to market it.    I think what will ultimately happen will almost be a take from professional wrestling.      In other golf threads, we have reference Patrick Reed as a heel.    One of the things about a heel, though, is they have to be really good, so you can get the whole 'good triumphing over evil' schtick.    Right now, Patrick Reed isn't good enough to be a heel.   
  Koepka, on the other hand, could very well become a heel.   To mix metaphors, during recent majors, he is like the Borg (resistance is futile) or Thanos (I am inevitable),  a nearly unstoppable monolith.    Because of his takes.... golf takes too long..... I know that in a major I only have to beat a few guys.... slow play..... I just drift away between holes 5 and 12.... the media hates me.....   I feed off their disrespect.....   he could become the anti-hero.    The heel.    Who can only be beaten by heroic efforts of the scrappy underdog.   Or the oldster who wants one last major.  (Mickelson at Pebble?)     Having Phil out duel Koepka at Pebble for the career slam would be epic.      But it would not stop the inevitability of Koepka at every major for the next few years.   

Because right now, Koepka's best is better than anybody else's best.   

Koepka has an issue that is fairly common throughout sports in my opinion. I was just discussing it with someone recently given Cutler’s resurgence on reality TV. When athletes have personalities that are “different” than the normal superstar persona, or the preeminent star in their sport, the media are often not sure how to handle them. They get labeled boring, or surly, or other nonsense. I mean, look at Giannis. He’s commonly labeled humble and focused, which is fine cause it’s meant to be positive, but he’s really funny, fairly cocky, and sarcastic at times, but it’s not as bold as people are used to.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »
Koepka has an issue that is fairly common throughout sports in my opinion. I was just discussing it with someone recently given Cutler’s resurgence on reality TV. When athletes have personalities that are “different” than the normal superstar persona, or the preeminent star in their sport, the media are often not sure how to handle them. They get labeled boring, or surly, or other nonsense. I mean, look at Giannis. He’s commonly labeled humble and focused, which is fine cause it’s meant to be positive, but he’s really funny, fairly cocky, and sarcastic at times, but it’s not as bold as people are used to.

Cutler also had a problem that, unlike Koepka, he wasn't great at what he did for a living.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »
Cutler also had a problem that, unlike Koepka, he wasn't great at what he did for a living.

Sure. But he had that knock in Chicago even when he and the Bears were fairly successful early on. I dont think that even if the Bears won multiple division titles and he made more Pro Bowls, he would have been beloved in the media or had his personality handled differently.

Anyways, back to the PGA, incredible that Koepka is up 7 on a course playing so tough that the low round of the Day was -3. Likely will Coast tomorrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 07:43:04 PM »
Sure. But he had that knock in Chicago even when he and the Bears were fairly successful early on. I dont think that even if the Bears won multiple division titles and he made more Pro Bowls, he would have been beloved in the media or had his personality handled differently.

Anyways, back to the PGA, incredible that Koepka is up 7 on a course playing so tough that the low round of the Day was -3. Likely will Coast tomorrow

Perhaps with Cutler. We'll never know.

As for Koepka ... amazing. I won't be able to watch most of tomorrow's round because I am umpiring all day, so just as well that he makes it not exciting. Because, of course, it is all about me!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
I like how Koepka just straight out answers the questions asked of him. Very refreshing. Love his focus .
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »
Koepka feeling the pressure.   96 Masters redux or does he pull it together?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:59:03 PM by tower912 »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2019, 04:59:25 PM »
Koepka feeling the pressure.   96 Masters redux or does he pull it together?

Choke job, hey?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2019, 05:07:48 PM »
DJ letting him off the hook.   

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
I’d like to see the TV numbers but I get the impression that moving the PGA wasn’t the best idea.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2019, 07:00:46 PM »
Koepka gained valuable experience with the win today.  Hung together while wheels were coming off the wagon.

The Long Island crowd was in classic form all week.
            ---Al McGuire

feedback