Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Foreign Tour  (Read 52271 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Foreign Tour
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2019, 01:09:38 AM »
They'll be playin' mainly in the rain.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 07:02:44 AM »
If they go to Ibiza, marbella, Barcelona, or Sevilla, I just may have to go. Spain is such an amazing country. Too bad El Bulli us still not open, but I digress.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 08:30:24 AM »
If they go to Ibiza, marbella, Barcelona, or Sevilla, I just may have to go. Spain is such an amazing country. Too bad El Bulli us still not open, but I digress.
Add Grenada to that list.  An amazing place.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 04:16:10 PM »
Still, lots of excellent places to eat
Goal is National Championship

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 02:23:07 AM »
Does anyone know when more information about the foreign tour will be made available. All I have seen is 10 days with 2 games in Spain and 1 in France. I know the last one was sometime in August, will this one be around the same time frame?

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 12:02:37 PM »
I haven't seen specific matchups or game dates and times yet -- other than it will be two games in Spain and one in France over the course of 10 days (August 9-18).

Going back to the Journal-Sentinel interview from early in May, this part near the end stood out: "The NCAA also allows the Golden Eagles 10 practices before the trip."

That's huge. Even with 3 starters and 6 rotation players returning, the team will have a very different identity, look and playing style with the departures of Sam and Joey and the additions of Koby, Greg, Jayce, Symir and Dexter.

Ordinarily, players are limited to 8 weeks of athletic activities -- weight-training, conditioning and skill-related instruction -- during the summer. Activities are limited to 8 hours a week. That's 64 hours total.

With this tour, MU will have 10 extra practices and 3 exhibition games to figure out how the pieces fit.

http://www.ncaa.org/playing-rules/playing-and-practice-season-rules
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 06:41:22 PM »
Early reminder that will be ignored I'm sure.

If we win big it doesn't mean we are going to have a great season and if we get beat it doesn't mean we are going to suck. Competition can be marginal or tough.......you just never know.....and obviously there is little to no game planning or scouting.

It's great for the team to get extra practice time, try to out different lineups and build chemistry.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »
Early reminder that will be ignored I'm sure.

If we win big it doesn't mean we are going to have a great season and if we get beat it doesn't mean we are going to suck. Competition can be marginal or tough.......you just never know.....and obviously there is little to no game planning or scouting.

It's great for the team to get extra practice time, try to out different lineups and build chemistry.
Plus it can help recruiting with all tge media photos

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »
As long as the photos aren't mug shots from being caught for shoplifting. I still can't get over how incredibly dumb those UCLA players were on the trip to China.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
Will these games be televised like the last Euro trip?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
Will these games be televised like the last Euro trip?

Saw today that they will not be. Broeker said it just wasn't feasible. They will post highlights and box scores after.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2019, 09:04:39 PM »
That is a total bummer. Was looking forward to seeing how the new pieces fit.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 07:40:58 AM »
Saw today that they will not be. Broeker said it just wasn't feasible. They will post highlights and box scores after.

Bs it take a person sitting in the stands with a hotspot and webcam to do it. Not like we're expecting fox sports production quality
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2019, 07:45:16 AM »
Bs it take a person sitting in the stands with a hotspot and webcam to do it. Not like we're expecting fox sports production quality

Since they did it last time, it is funny that used 'feasible' as the word.  If they just don.t want to do it, fine, just say so.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »

Maybe someone needs to donate money to the Blue and Gold fund specifically earmarked for that.  Also, send a Digital Media student to do the filming as an internship.
Have some patience, FFS.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
How about a Gopro 7 Black with a cellphone and hotspot.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2019, 04:07:23 AM »
How about a Gopro 7 Black with a cellphone and hotspot.
yep, and this little app called Livestream.
How hard would that be?
Maybe we need a scoop gofundme to buy the gopro for MU Athletics?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 11:29:06 AM »
yep, and this little app called Livestream.
How hard would that be?
Maybe we need a scoop gofundme to buy the gopro for MU Athletics?

It might be cheaper to just do a gofundme to send a film student over there to do it on the unofficial. First ever muscoop livestream.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »
Just this week FloSports announced that it will stream six Division I men's basketball foreign tours on FloHoops.com: Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, Syracuse, Washington and Xavier.

All of those tours are organized by a company called Complete Sports Management. Other tours that CSM manages (for Furman, Murray State, Temple, Texas Tech and USC) have not announced a streaming deal.

https://www.flosports.tv/flosports-to-broadcast-six-division-i-mens-basketball-foreign-tours-on-flohoops-com/

https://www.cs-mgmt.com/foreign-tours

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
It might be cheaper to just do a gofundme to send a film student over there to do it on the unofficial. First ever muscoop livestream.

Thomas Bilde or GTFO.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »
When does the tour take place?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
When does the tour take place?

https://gomarquette.com/news/2019/7/9/mens-basketball-marquette-travels-to-spain-france-in-august.aspx

The travel party will depart campus on Aug. 9 for Barcelona and spend three days in the city, including a pair of games, before leaving for Paris on Aug. 14.  Along with a final competition, itinerary highlights include visiting the Louvre Museum, Eiffel Tower and Normandy.

Fans interested in following the team during its tour can do so on Twitter (@MarquetteMBB), Instagram (Marquette.basketball) and Facebook (MarquetteMensBB).  The games won't be available live online, but highlights and statistics will be provided. Details for open practices prior to the team's departure are being finalized.

Someone needs to show those folks how to use Twitch.tv

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »
https://gomarquette.com/news/2019/7/9/mens-basketball-marquette-travels-to-spain-france-in-august.aspx

Someone needs to show those folks how to use Twitch.tv

Yup.

Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live etc. It’s not difficult, all you need is a camera and a WiFi connection.

High school basketball teams do it. Marquette is just too lazy which is weird cause I’m sure they’re going to be filming th games anyways.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2019, 06:27:56 PM »
Yup.

Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live etc. It’s not difficult, all you need is a camera and a WiFi connection.

High school basketball teams do it. Marquette is just too lazy which is weird cause I’m sure they’re going to be filming th games anyways.
Maybe MU does not want tape out on our new offense

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »

feedback