[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Foreign Tour  (Read 52695 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Foreign Tour
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »
We should be hitting the offensive boards very hard this year, much like Xavier typically does most years.  The 3 bigs should be able to go all out without worrying about tiring or getting in foul trouble, knowing there are 2 other guys as reinforcements.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »
Seems safe to say Cain isn’t ever going to turn the corner. Great kid but he really hasn’t developed in any meaningful way

So after 1 very good game and 1 clunker on the trip that is your conclusion?

Maybe we could give him a little more time before throwing him under the bus........just a thought.

You may turn out to be right but August of his junior year seems a little early to be writing off his career.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »
Seems safe to say Cain isn’t ever going to turn the corner. Great kid but he really hasn’t developed in any meaningful way

It's August, FFS.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2019, 03:18:10 PM »
What is the quality of these teams? Are they powerhouses over there or what

The Sant Julia All-Star teams Marquette played yesterday and today featured several of the same players -- including Amadou Diagne, Laurian Tarris and Mike Torres.

Torres currently competes in the LEB Oro (Gold) league. That's the second division of the Spanish basketball league system, generally considered one of the best leagues in Europe. Joan Pardina and Sergi Pino from today's team also compete in the LEB Oro.

Diagne and Tarris both play for a French team, Kayserberg, in the Alsace region. I couldn't find much information about the team, other than it seems to be 3rd division at best; only the first two divisions, LNB Pro A and LNB Pro B, are classified as professional.

Juli Garrote plays for Copa Catalunya in the Primera Division de Baloncesto, the fifth division of the Spanish basketball league system.

So pretty mixed. A handful of decent pros, but mostly amateurs. And I doubt many of them play together regularly. I wouldn't exactly call them powerhouses -- although today's team appears to be the stronger of the two opponents.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:20:10 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »
Markus with 19 three pointers.  <sigh>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2019, 03:29:36 PM »
These teams are like the old Athletes in Action.  They are put together for the intent of playing against schools playing over there.  Essentially lower level professionals and academy players. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
He shoots 8 total times yesterdays. Gets his teammates involved with 7 assists. People complain about the turnovers.

He doesn't turn the ball over today. Shoots a lot. Scores 28. People complain he shoots too much.

Markus can't win unless he's flawless.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »
He shoots 8 total times yesterdays. Gets his teammates involved with 7 assists. People complain about the turnovers.

He doesn't turn the ball over today. Shoots a lot. Scores 28. People complain he shoots too much.

Yup.  He's soon to be the all time leading scorer in Marquette basketball history and has never been anything but a class act.  Yet we have Scoopers claiming he's a cancer.  Very sad.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2019, 04:24:05 PM »
I'm a big defender of Markus and never once have called him a cancer. 

6/19 from 3 is a lot of three pointers.  26 shots total.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »

Yeah, I think one (1) poster suggested Markus was a cancer. He maybe repeated it once or twice when under an avalanche of attacks. One guy, one opinion, but now just about every post that mentions Markus from Wades, Chico, 82 and others has a derisive cancer reference. Often comes with a "2nd team All American" qualifier. If all of us who might have the temerity to critique Markus's play in the future stipulate that a) Markus is not a "cancer", b) Markus does not cause "cancer and c) Markus was a 2nd team AA last year can we stop with the snarky, redundant and borderline infantile "cancer" stuff?. You guys are better than this.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2019, 06:03:29 PM »

He wasn't that far away from a triple double, with 8 rebounds and 7 assists. A stat line of 28pts, 8rbs, 7asts and people are criticizing. Kind of crazy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:33 PM »
These teams are like the old Athletes in Action.  They are put together for the intent of playing against schools playing over there.  Essentially lower level professionals and academy players.

Euro TBT

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2019, 06:19:57 PM »
The two players I was excited to follow on this trip were McEwen and Torrence. Both have had 2 pretty pedestrian outings so far it seems.

I’ve only watched a few minutes of the first game before the stream cut out but do either of these guys look like they will be major contributors this year?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2019, 07:20:05 PM »
We should be hitting the offensive boards very hard this year, much like Xavier typically does most years.  The 3 bigs should be able to go all out without worrying about tiring or getting in foul trouble, knowing there are 2 other guys as reinforcements.

I would just like to see us not go for every single block and actually get some defensive rebounds.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2019, 08:00:50 PM »
Who on this team can create for themselves whenever needed?   Markus.  Right now I don’t see anyone else.  Sacar and Koby are going to be called on to do some heavy lifting. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2019, 08:27:11 PM »

He may have, his game one was great, but it appears is twin Jawal played in game two, so I still have hope. BTW...I love Jemal, hope he crushes it this year.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »
He may have, his game one was great, but it appears is twin Jawal played in game two, so I still have hope. BTW...I love Jemal, hope he crushes it this year.
Until he improves his handle, he is mostly a catch and shoot guy....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2019, 08:41:13 PM »

2-8, 5 points, 7 assists, 6 turnovers is miles from flawless. Nobody (least of all Markus) in our starting backcourt would be happy/satisfied with that line.

Today was much better.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2019, 10:11:33 PM »
Until he improves his handle, he is mostly a catch and shoot guy....

And an excellent rebounder. I’ll take catch and shoot.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2019, 12:33:07 AM »

Must be triplets, as our Cain is Jamal.

I think he’s gonna really surprise people this year.

I like that Symir grabbed 3 boards in only 9 minutes. Koby committed 5 fouls...not sure if that’s aggressive D or if he got called for a couple charges. Also, don’t  like that we got reverse Buzz-ed (opponent attempted more free throws than we made).
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2019, 07:29:58 AM »
2-8, 5 points, 7 assists, 6 turnovers is miles from flawless. Nobody (least of all Markus) in our starting backcourt would be happy/satisfied with that line.

Today was much better.
markus was really trying to get everyone.involved in the first game. He passed up.quite a few "open" shots.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2019, 07:23:56 PM »
Yup.  He's soon to be the all time leading scorer in Marquette basketball history and has never been anything but a class act.  Yet we have Scoopers claiming he's a cancer.  Very sad.

When did Old Man Hauser join Scoop?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »
Creighton went 2-1 on their tour in Australia.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-uses-second-quarter-surge-to-win-big-in-final/article_52635268-3395-5a17-9170-d04042d8a3b9.html
Classic Herman. No one cares.....if Creighton goes 3-0 and 0-3 makes no difference in non-con much less a Euro Tour, but it’s a thread entitled Foreign Tour so you just couldn’t resist.