'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Help on the way for 19/20?  (Read 74580 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Help on the way for 19/20?
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
That's different than what I am saying.  Not the guy you want, vs believing in all your core fiber that the guy cannot get it done and is only damaging the program that you think not only is better but should be better, why bother?  Why put the emotion investment, financial investment, etc....if you are so convinced he cannot get it done and any success just means he stays around longer...why?  Why would one put an ounce of energy into that....UNLESS they are also hopeful they are wrong, and he pulls it off?

This will turn out like it always does.  Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.  Final Four wasn't good enough because of how we lost.....to a wild swing of We cannot win unless the AD and President capitulate to the coach and can do whatever he wants.  Stability....who needs that.

“Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity.” Thomas S. Monson
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »
Why the unnatural carnal knowledge would anyone care what Thomas Monson has to say about anything?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »
“Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity.” Thomas S. Monson

Probably why I’m still content with Scoop.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #278 on: April 27, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
A 24 win season is never mediocre.
But blowing it out your ass by losing 6 of last 7 and getting your ass kicked by a mediocre mid major in first round of dance is less than mediocre--it is attocious.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 27, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
But blowing it out your ass by losing 6 of last 7 and getting your ass kicked by a mediocre mid major in first round of dance is less than mediocre--it is attocious.

“Mediocre mid major” “it is attocious”

That’s gold, Jerry
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #280 on: April 27, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »

Hilarious.  Mediocre mid major...ok.

Your very first post on this board was   "WHAT A JOKE!"   A few posts later in 2008 you said "NIT HERE WE COME".  Then went on to say Crean had brought nothing in (recruits).  You went on to say that we could have had Bo Ryan twice, but took a pass.   

You are awesome.  Your comments at the end of each year are especially magical....and consistent.  Must suck to be miserable in life.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #281 on: April 27, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
Total, unmitigated BS.

I knew Bob Dukiet wasn't the answer pretty early on. Thought is was pretty much inevitable the powers that be would eventually come to the same conclusion. But I cheered for MU in every one of those games that REGRETTABLY proved me right, all the while hoping to be proven wrong.

I believe you're projecting here. If you're looking for anyone on this board to whom being right (or at least be able to argue the point) trumps everything - look in the mirror.
I am in the fire Wojo now camp. However , my view is the best way to get rid of him is for the team  to have a good season . That makes him more attractive to be fired away and the likelihood of his buyout being paid is higher. Winning is the best antidote for everything .

To me that is the best outcome for MU. Someone else thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the street and pays MU for the privilege of taking a problem off its hands. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »

Hilarious.  Mediocre mid major...ok.

Your very first post on this board was   "WHAT A JOKE!"   A few posts later in 2008 you said "NIT HERE WE COME".  Then went on to say Crean had brought nothing in (recruits).  You went on to say that we could have had Bo Ryan twice, but took a pass.   

You are awesome.  Your comments at the end of each year are especially magical....and consistent.  Must suck to be miserable in life.
Murray state got their ass handed to them by a team that subsequently got their ass handed to them. Lets not pretend Murray state was the second coming of Woodens ucla teams. medicore mid major? Maybe not, but not too far from the truth. Certainly not a team that should be embarrassing a 5 seed Marquette team.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »
Murray state got their ass handed to them by a team that subsequently got their ass handed to them. Lets not pretend Murray state was the second coming of Woodens ucla teams. medicore mid major? Maybe not, but not too far from the truth. Certainly not a team that should be embarrassing a 5 seed Marquette team.

Murray State lost to a Florida State team that finished Ken Pom as #14 in the nation.  The FSU team that beat Virginia, beat Louisville, lost to Duke by 2, beat Purdue, beat LSU, beat Virginia Tech and Florida.

FSU got their ass handed to them by Gonzaga?  Trailing 60-56 with 3 minutes and change left in the game?  Priceless.   Yeah, it couldn't possibly have been fouling at the end and 8 free throw attempts for Gonzaga in the final 2 minutes....nope...they had their asses handed to them.   :o

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2019, 06:39:22 PM »
Murray State lost to a Florida State team that finished Ken Pom as #14 in the nation.  The FSU team that beat Virginia, beat Louisville, lost to Duke by 2, beat Purdue, beat LSU, beat Virginia Tech and Florida.

FSU got their ass handed to them by Gonzaga?  Trailing 60-56 with 3 minutes and change left in the game?  Priceless.   Yeah, it couldn't possibly have been fouling at the end and 8 free throw attempts for Gonzaga in the final 2 minutes....nope...they had their asses handed to them.   :o

“Be fearful of mediocrity.” Jonathan Elery

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2019, 06:42:15 PM »

"I'm thinking different. I'm thinking Arby's."

- Arby's

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2019, 06:50:12 PM »

Im not getting into a pissing match with you. Murray State was no juggernaut.  The only thing priceless is you assertion that it was. Stop trying to rationalize MU's meltdown, you are losing any small amount of credibility you still have.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2019, 07:27:15 PM »

At first you were always negative Guru.

Wouldn’t show up unless we lost.

Then started showing up when we were winning. And became almost enjoyable.

Then you got hung up on weird things you were positive you were right about even though facts stated different.

Then you became negative again.

And now you clearly googled “mediocrity quotes” or you have a lot of mediocre motivational posters around you. Because your responses are just mediocre quotes.

And those quotes...

Are mediocre at best. I expected better from you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2019, 07:31:21 PM »

Didnit hee ewesa coach Gonzaga and Minnesota, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »
At first you were always negative Guru.

Wouldn’t show up unless we lost.

Then started showing up when we were winning. And became almost enjoyable.

Then you got hung up on weird things you were positive you were right about even though facts stated different.

Then you became negative again.

And now you clearly googled “mediocrity quotes” or you have a lot of mediocre motivational posters around you. Because your responses are just mediocre quotes.

And those quotes...

Are mediocre at best. I expected better from you.

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself.” George S. Patton Jr

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »
“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself.” George S. Patton Jr

" Staples. Yeah, we got that."
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2019, 09:08:35 AM »
Im not getting into a pissing match with you. Murray State was no juggernaut.  The only thing priceless is you assertion that it was. Stop trying to rationalize MU's meltdown, you are losing any small amount of credibility you still have.

You made a false statement about how Murray State lost to FSU...a simple acknowledgement would have been fine.  Murray State was a bad matchup for us, that’s the way it goes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »
I predicted a double digit loss to Murray State and I predicted why.  MU had gotten torched by alpha guards down the stretch and Ja was better than any of them.   In hindsight, a team at war with itself is never a good thing.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2019, 09:18:19 AM »
You made a false statement about how Murray State lost to FSU...a simple acknowledgement would have been fine.  Murray State was a bad matchup for us, that’s the way it goes.

"No one chooses mediocrity but many settle for it. Never settle.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »

We aren’t mediocre, this is why your analogy is so stupid.  No one wants mediocre, making the ncaa tournament isn’t mediocre.  Will Smith quotes.....fantastic.

I’ll top that....words to live by....

“I think I am smart, unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid”
Taylor Swift

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/taylor_swift_579540?src=t_stupid

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2019, 09:30:04 AM »
"No one chooses mediocrity but many settle for it. Never settle.”

Mediocre = common, average.

When less than 20% of schools make the tournament that is neither common or average.  Perhaps you should come up with new quotes about changing the definition of words to fit a meaning only you recognize.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »

We aren’t mediocre, this is why your analogy is so stupid.  No one wants mediocre, making the ncaa tournament isn’t mediocre.  Will Smith quotes.....fantastic.

I’ll top that....words to live by....

“I think I am smart, unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid”
Taylor Swift

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/taylor_swift_579540?src=t_stupid

You're content with what/where MU is as a program...your prerogative. But I assure you you're "settling". Others of us, look at what Buzz accomplished...two sweet 16's, and an Elite 8, or Crean...a Final four, and when you compare the programs then, as to opposed to now..there is simply no other way to put it...the results have been mediocre. That's simply not good enough.

“The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” Maureen Dowd   Bingo!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
“I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking”
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:23 AM »
You're content with what/where MU is as a program...your prerogative. But I assure you you're "settling". Others of us, look at what Buzz accomplished...two sweet 16's, and an Elite 8, or Crean...a Final four, and when you compare the programs then, as to opposed to now..there is simply no other way to put it...the results have been mediocre. That's simply not good enough.

“The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” Maureen Dowd   Bingo!

I’m not settling for a damn thing.  You don’t know what the meaning of mediocre is and every time you trot it out there you expose yourself.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
I for one think it's hilarious that guru is quoting Maureen Dowd.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback