'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57691 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 07:18:31 AM »
I'm sticking behind my original feeling of UW until they announce for another school.  Too many signs point to Wisconsin with the biggest sign being that the Wisconsin staff has basically suspended 2019 recruiting with only 10 scholarship players for the 2019-20 season and 2 of those are redshirt freshman big men.  I know there are sources out there that say differently, but...………………………...

The 2020 game at FF should be interesting.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »
Maebee, wheel cee hoos coachin' MU at dat point, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
UW makes the most sense. Then their helicopter parents can still easily get to all of their games.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 10:34:15 AM »
Don't think MSU has 2 scholarships to give them.

They will open them if they want them.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:09 AM »
They will open them if they want them.

From what I heard they were not expecting the Hausers to be available and they have already invested in other recruits so they are not as interested as when they were in high school.

Pops Sims

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 11:21:51 AM »
Dude, not close to accurate. Dekker and Kaminsky were both 1st round choices and still in the NBA. Not really sure what you've read...

Spot on! That's why Dekker and Kaminsky went undrafted.

One more time. School doesn't matter when it comes to visibility for a player. Scouts know every prospect regardless of where they play.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
From what I heard they were not expecting the Hausers to be available and they have already invested in other recruits so they are not as interested as when they were in high school.

Correct. MSU is crossed off the list. It’s down to UVA and UW.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
Correct. MSU is crossed off the list. It’s down to UVA and UW.

This is incorrect.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »
Dude, not close to accurate. Dekker and Kaminsky were both 1st round choices and still in the NBA. Not really sure what you've read...

It was sarcasm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
I'm sticking behind my original feeling of UW until they announce for another school.  Too many signs point to Wisconsin with the biggest sign being that the Wisconsin staff has basically suspended 2019 recruiting with only 10 scholarship players for the 2019-20 season and 2 of those are redshirt freshman big men.  I know there are sources out there that say differently, but...………………………...
Yes--the boys know the players on the team. Hausers parents/grandparents can get to all games. Sam's girlfriend. Wisky in position to take them on. Heros in their state with the Wisky faithful. Why wouldn't they? 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
It was sarcasm

Thanks, Fluffy. I don't know how I could have been more obvious about it.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 12:01:47 PM »
Anyone who thinks the Hausers transferring to UW won’t make this situation even worse is wrong, IMO.  Wojo will get a ton of heat from the MU fan base if it happens, and that will go beyond just the people who read message boards.  Should the Hausers end up Badgers, Wojo will not be around to coach the game at FF in 2020.  He probably won’t be even if they go to UVA.  Best case scenario for him is he rides Markus for all he’s worth in the hope that that’s enough to get MU in the tournament and possibly win a game, and then take an Arkansas or Oregon State level job if one opens up.

I do not think he will be remembered fondly here when his time comes to an end.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2019, 12:07:04 PM »

Interesting...if this is the destination, this would suggest this has been in the works for weeks.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2019, 01:18:20 PM »

It also seems to be the easiest route for them, which apparently, they prefer easy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »
Yes--the boys know the players on the team. Hausers parents/grandparents can get to all games. Sam's girlfriend. Wisky in position to take them on. Heros in their state with the Wisky faithful. Why wouldn't they?

Heroes in the state? You mean with the fan base who trashed them both relentlessly for going to MU? Ok

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2019, 01:27:01 PM »
It also seems to be the easiest route for them, which apparently, they prefer easy.
The Hausers only make the easy transfers.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »
UW makes the most sense. Then their helicopter parents can still easily get to all of their games.
Speaking with a number of people that know the parents...no one has said anything less than flattering things about both.  Sounds like they have done a lot of good for many kids and I've never seen their kids act like jerks. 

But post your name...and your kids names...and then we can all judge you anonomously from behind a computer screen.  You wreek of jealousy and bitterness. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »
1 opening now for MSU. They are also expecting a transfer to get to 2.

https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/1119327184362049537

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »
Anyone who thinks the Hausers transferring to UW won’t make this situation even worse is wrong, IMO.  Wojo will get a ton of heat from the MU fan base if it happens, and that will go beyond just the people who read message boards.  Should the Hausers end up Badgers, Wojo will not be around to coach the game at FF in 2020.  He probably won’t be even if they go to UVA.  Best case scenario for him is he rides Markus for all he’s worth in the hope that that’s enough to get MU in the tournament and possibly win a game, and then take an Arkansas or Oregon State level job if one opens up.

I do not think he will be remembered fondly here when his time comes to an end.

Come on man. Idk if he'll be around or not but we aren't firing him if he gets us another tournament birth. And if he does leave that's 3/6 NCAA births and two other 20 win seasons. Not a world beating record but certainly worthy of beating out O'Neil and Deane in the history books.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2019, 03:38:18 PM »
Come on man. Idk if he'll be around or not but we aren't firing him if he gets us another tournament birth. And if he does leave that's 3/6 NCAA births and two other 20 win seasons. Not a world beating record but certainly worthy of beating out O'Neil and Deane in the history books.

O'Neill's sweet 16 run puts him ahead of Wojo for me unless Wojo accomplishes the same feat. Definitely ahead of Deane, though.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2019, 04:10:07 PM »
Heroes in the state? You mean with the fan base who trashed them both relentlessly for going to MU? Ok
ha--you're kidding right?  This state has been buzzing for a week on even the possibility of the Hausers going to UW.  If Sam can get over the fact that he was told to wait by Bo, and then ends up there......I am quite certain that the fan base will see past this.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 04:24:00 PM »
O'Neill's sweet 16 run puts him ahead of Wojo for me unless Wojo accomplishes the same feat. Definitely ahead of Deane, though.

fair, personally I'd say an extra NCAA appearance and two years of being an at least decent team beat out 3 really bad teams, one good and one great. Matter of opinion though
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2019, 04:24:23 PM »
ha--you're kidding right?  This state has been buzzing for a week on even the possibility of the Hausers going to UW.  If Sam can get over the fact that he was told to wait by Bo, and then ends up there......I am quite certain that the fan base will see past this.

I took it to mean that they were viewed as basketball heroes based on their past accomplishments, not if they switched. Of course UW would instantly become deliriously enthused Hauser fans no argument there

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
Neither of those things have been true.

Pretty confident it'll be MSU or VA.

Why’s that?

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2019, 04:42:51 PM »
Not at all...the phrase "souless and morally bankrupt cretins" was just so perfect it made me laugh.
For the record, I immediately laughed too. Envisioned the one whose name shall not be spoken coaching Wisconsin and recruiting Harry Potter.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.