[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It's obvious and it's been obvious...  (Read 12738 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: It's obvious and it's been obvious...
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
Exactly.  This person gets it.  Imagine how bad it must have been for the brothers to make a move this dramatic.  They were miserable with the current scheme.  It's no different than having a job where you can't stand your boss, and even though you wait it out awhile, he shows no signs of changing his style, so you go elsewhere to be happy.  I wish this could have been reconciled but if Wojo made them this unhappy I don't blame them for leaving.  I don't think this is directly about them needing to be featured more or needing more shots as much as they are tired of the Markus show, the long contested jumpers whenever he feels like it, the possessions with no passes before a hoist, and probably most importantly, a coach who tirelessly talks about the team but then supports that talk by completely letting one player do whatever he wants when he wants.  It's toxic and they wanted out.  It's really that simple.

Anyone putting a lot of stock into what their high school coach said...c'mon, of course he's going to say something generic like "looking for a better fit" because again, that's the diplomatic thing to say.  Did you expect him to say, "They grew a strong disdain for the coach, believed he was incompetent, and were exhausted from hero ball."  No.  He's not going to say that.  None of this is that complicated.

This is 100% on Wojo.  He's running the ship.  What happened is unprecedented, and assuming that two of the most unselfish players on the team suddenly became so selfish they made a move this dramatic is an unbelievable narrative.  They just want to play team ball again.  I don't think I'm alone as a fan saying that I want to see the same too.  Wish they wouldn't have left.  Don't blame them for making a decision they are entitled to make.  Ready to move on with who we have.  Hoping Wojo learns to coach Markus and that this whole team thing they constantly talk about becomes a reality.  Very little blame to Markus.  Tremendous player, just needs a little coaching.  Glad he's back.  But if you are Wojo, saying the strength of our team is the team and then talking about Markus having the unlimited green light...these are two very contradictory things.
Problem within is; who is Marcus going to get the coaching from? Cause it sure as hell ain't Eojo
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.