[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam's situation  (Read 13170 times)

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
Re: Sam's situation
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 10:46:36 AM »
Maybe Sam don’t give no chit about being an MU all-time great.  The dude wants to play at the next level and doesn’t think watching Markus chuck 25 shots a game again will help him get there.  He only has one year of eligibility left and wants to maximize the chance to show his considerable talents.  Can’t say I blame him, hey?

If Sam really thinks there is a NBA future, that future is brightest now. Not when he'll enter the league as a soon to be 24 year old.

NBA Scouts are plenty smart, they can do their assessment of you without seeing you do it in actual games. They do it all the time with grainy European footage.

Sam's best chance at playing in the NBA would be to declare now.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »
Pride grows back. Regret never goes away.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:00 AM »
any plants thrown?

Surprising, the first reaction past quickly, and thankfully I have all my Wisdom teeth so I tried to decide how massive this is.  So I wrote down what I thought our record  would be at seasons end.  I will not take a peek until seasons ends.  Seem to help me.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
If Sam really thinks there is a NBA future, that future is brightest now. Not when he'll enter the league as a soon to be 24 year old.

NBA Scouts are plenty smart, they can do their assessment of you without seeing you do it in actual games. They do it all the time with grainy European footage.

Sam's best chance at playing in the NBA would be to declare now.

And there's the rub. If Sam (or Joey) declare now, they cannot return to school. Players had to request an eval from the NBA underclassmen advisory committee by 11:59 pm on April 11. So if Markus' decision played into their decision, Markus' announcement being delayed until April 12 meant the Hausers could no longer declare with the hope of returning.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marquette_g

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »
Sam still should have declared before the deadline.

To the best of my knowledge he could declare and still enter his name in the transfer portal (Not entirely sure). That would have given him the most options.

Nobody wants a 24 year old second rounder.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »
Maybe Sam don’t give no chit about being an MU all-time great.  The dude wants to play at the next level and doesn’t think watching Markus chuck 25 shots a game again will help him get there.  He only has one year of eligibility left and wants to maximize the chance to show his considerable talents.  Can’t say I blame him, hey?

And he’s gonna get that shot at borderline blue bloods??

Sure Bennett and Izzo might be great coaches. And there might not be a 25 ppg scorer on their rosters

But he isn’t gonna be the guy at programs like that either.

And if he was, it’s gonna be a in a down year for those schools.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »
Sam and Markus were good teammates, but they weren't friends.

Really?  This must be new.  Markus and Sam used to be great friends.  I recall Markus basically going home to Stevens Point with Sam for all holidays his freshman and sophomore year. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »
Kinda feels like that, doesn't it? Herro might take a little shine off of them by playing well?

yeah, well, then just play better than the other guy and ya don't have a problem.  this can't all be on the doogies.  i think daddy had more to do with this than anyone is surmising.  there are many more tim maymons out there than we hear of.  mr ball has been kinda quiet lately too.  i realize the initial angst was on wojo, but as cooler heads stat to prevail, there will be "the rest of the story"  anyone seen mh walkin around with sh's girlfirend?
don't...don't don't don't don't

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
They will be Badgers by the end of the week or next week.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »

To the best of my knowledge he could declare and still enter his name in the transfer portal (Not entirely sure). That would have given him the most options.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »

that's it-scratchin 2 names off my christmas list
don't...don't don't don't don't

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
If true this should drastically change the “I wish them well” thread narrative. They’ll be dead to me if they do this.
No Finish Line

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »

The deadline hasn't come yet. He can still declare, but if he does, he's gone. No transfer, no options. NBA or go pro elsewhere.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
If true this should drastically change the “I wish them well” thread narrative. They’ll be dead to me if they do this.
Going to UW would show how much they think of MU fans.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:14 AM »
Hausers didn't wanna play wit Herro ether, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:27 AM »

We will know when KenPom moves the Badgers up to top ten. 
Ludum habemus.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:39 AM »

The Spurs drafted one in the first round - Derek White. A guy who started in D2 and transferred up.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 11:16:56 AM »
Sew, now Bennett sucks ass like Shaka, hey?
Nads, back in yo sports writin' daze were ewe ever critical of athletes or coaches? Or, just middle of the road? Just axin', hey?

Just sideline reporters, eh.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »

This seems to support the hasty decision hypothesis or when researched all options were not considered.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

A 24 year old is actually perfect for the second round.  You don't have to guaranty them a contract, but if they have upside and hit shots, then you have yourself a player.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »
The Spurs drafted one in the first round - Derek White. A guy who started in D2 and transferred up.

Derrick White was 22 when he was drafted.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
The speculation and bagging on the Hausers here for leaving is incredible. What if it wasn't about them "getting theirs" at all?? I mean do we even know if Sam wants to play at the next level?? Some kids don't. I mean in 4 years he never submitted his name for evaluation, you never heard him talk about playing in the NBA in interviews(almost every kid does at some point). Ever think that this could simply be about wanting to win at the highest level and not having faith in Wojo to get them there?? The 1-6 end to the season played a HUGE part in this.

Have any of you ever worked in an environment so toxic, you just had to get out for your own mental health??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Marquette_g

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2019, 11:37:18 AM »

A 24 year old is actually perfect for the second round.  You don't have to guaranty them a contract, but if they have upside and hit shots, then you have yourself a player.

You know what's even more perfect than that...the exact same player when they are 21 going on 22

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »
The speculation and bagging on the Hausers here for leaving is incredible. What if it wasn't about them "getting theirs" at all?? I mean do we even know if Sam wants to play at the next level?? Some kids don't. I mean in 4 years he never submitted his name for evaluation, you never heard him talk about playing in the NBA in interviews(almost every kid does at some point). Ever think that this could simply be about wanting to win at the highest level and not having faith in Wojo to get them there?? The 1-6 end to the season played a HUGE part in this.

Have any of you ever worked in an environment so toxic, you just had to get out for your own mental health??

In other words:
"The speculation here on their reasons for leaving is incredible .... now allow me to speculate on their reasons for leaving.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2019, 11:43:05 AM »
In other words:
"The speculation here on their reasons for leaving is incredible .... now allow me to speculate on their reasons for leaving.

How do you know I'm speculating?? That's a pretty bold assumption to be making.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

feedback