[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam's situation  (Read 13171 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Sam's situation
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
You and others here are butt hurt that the Hausers left and are saying bad things about them as a result.  They’re very, very good college players who are in line to go to MSU, Virginia, or UW, three top college b-ball programs.  Any school would be thrilled to have them come aboard.

We had them, and Wojo screwed it up because he’s in over his head and can’t manage egos, which is one or the biggest jobs a coach has.

Sam Hauser might be wearing red next year.  Just let that sink in.  And it’s on Wojo.

This guy gets it. 

PistolPete

• Starter
Re: Sam's situatio
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »
Weird. I think those freaking out need to get some life perspective.

To each their own!

Respectfully, this is such a lame take. The choice is that of the Hausers', nobody else, and best of luck to them.

With that said, as fans, we commit our time, money, and heart to this program. The Hausers made a decision that they feel is in their best interest and in doing so, broke their commitment to the program. I'm not equating their decision to death or divorce, but it's a broken commitment, and as such, there are hard feelings. I'll choose not to speak ill of the Hausers, but I'll make no apology for being extremely frustrated with the inevitable fallout that will occur as a result of their decision.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2019, 02:38:16 PM »
Respectfully, this is such a lame take.

Uh. Ok.

SIgned,
Mr Lameo

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2019, 02:39:40 PM »
Sew, now Bennett sucks ass like Shaka, hey?

Eye dont yooz teel
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2019, 03:00:05 PM »
Have some perspective, people.  Yes, it is sad that the Hausers are leaving, and I am among the multitudes that did not see it coming.  I love the way Sam plays and will miss it a lot next season.  Joey was very good technically, and could be great once he loses his baby fat.  It is devastating and we may never know exactly why it happened (but many of you will rehash your speculation over and over and over again).

In addition to that, Markus is an absolute star.  Will be the highest scorer in MU history by far.  One of 15 players in the country that received an All-American tag this year.  Scored 40 points in a half.  Scored 53 in a game we had no business winning (and no, I did not forget about the miracle shot Sam made to get MU to overtime).  Markus Howard actually forced ESPN to talk about Marquette - there's an accomplishment.  I am thrilled to see him back and can't wait to see what he will do next season.

There's good and there's bad, but the bottom line is that the Hausers decided they wanted to play elsewhere and are willing to give up quite a bit to do it (an extra year for Sam, a loss of one year eligibility for Joey).  I don't really care why it happened.  It could be due to any number of reasons.  But I will mourn it, and I will move on, because my team is Marquette, not Hauser or Wojo. 

Just in general, I've been a little sad about the lack of comity on this board lately.  We all have opinions that we like to share, and I learn a lot from the basketball gurus (no, not you, guru), but the name calling and treatment of posters has been abhorrent lately.  It needs to stop.  Someone who disagrees with you is not a moron, or a slurper, or any of the wose names I've seen around here.  Let's try to pretend that we are intelligent people discussing differing opinions, and not social media trolls.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
If you want to talk about how slow Sam and Joey are and use that to rationalize why losing them is okay, go ahead.

It’s not just about two players transferring.  It’s not about plugging holes next year.  Losing the Hausers was an embarrassment and will cast a dark cloud over the program for at least the next two years while they’re still in college, if not longer.  It’s the type of blow we may not recover from until we do something drastic like get rid of Wojo.

In terms of college basketball, losing the Hausers in the fashion we did is absolutely a “sky is falling” moment.  Short of major sanctions, this is the worst thing that could’ve happened to this program at this particular time.

And to reply to your last post re: team identity, that’s just pure speculation on your part.

This is a relatively level-headed post, but the part about losing the Hausers casting a dark cloud over the program and it being a blow that we may not ever recover from....UNLESS WE FIRE WOJO....explains everything.

Let’s look at a timetable of events. So, in Round 1of the NCAA, while our offense is stagnant, our clear deficiencies on Defense, an area Wojo has been under the most pressure to shore up, is the main culprit AGAIN in our loss to Murray State. People with a critical eye see how profoundly slow we are defensively (Goose, Keefe, 4ever, and the carnivorous summiteers go into hypermode complaining about our lack of athleticism). Wojo, just maybe, agrees with this analysis and comes to the realization that you can’t play both Sam and Joey together on the floor for extended minutes and expect to hang with ultra-athletic teams.

Eerily, despite never being afraid of criticism (except for the PC hiccup in ‘17) and what those outside the program think, Wojo decides to kill his Twitter account after the Murray State debacle. The MU-niverse goes crazy thinking he HAS to be taking another job. A guy who coached at Duke is worried about what us idiots think? Please. Maybe, he knew that with the locker room dissension over showcasing and shot attempts that something drastic could happen after the exit meetings with the players. Maybe he knew “Hauseroshima”  was imminent, or maybe “Markussaki” was imminent instead. I think he saw this coming after the epiphany that was our late season collapse.

Again, I don’t see the Hausers as irreplaceable talents. You do. I’m cool with that. But, I would wait to see who we get to fill these holes before I drop another atomic bomb on the program. The season is 7 months away.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:19:14 PM by NorthernDancerColt »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »
Have some perspective, people.  Yes, it is sad that the Hausers are leaving, and I am among the multitudes that did not see it coming.  I love the way Sam plays and will miss it a lot next season.  Joey was very good technically, and could be great once he loses his baby fat.  It is devastating and we may never know exactly why it happened (but many of you will rehash your speculation over and over and over again).

In addition to that, Markus is an absolute star.  Will be the highest scorer in MU history by far.  One of 15 players in the country that received an All-American tag this year.  Scored 40 points in a half.  Scored 53 in a game we had no business winning (and no, I did not forget about the miracle shot Sam made to get MU to overtime).  Markus Howard actually forced ESPN to talk about Marquette - there's an accomplishment.  I am thrilled to see him back and can't wait to see what he will do next season.

There's good and there's bad, but the bottom line is that the Hausers decided they wanted to play elsewhere and are willing to give up quite a bit to do it (an extra year for Sam, a loss of one year eligibility for Joey).  I don't really care why it happened.  It could be due to any number of reasons.  But I will mourn it, and I will move on, because my team is Marquette, not Hauser or Wojo. 

Just in general, I've been a little sad about the lack of comity on this board lately.  We all have opinions that we like to share, and I learn a lot from the basketball gurus (no, not you, guru), but the name calling and treatment of posters has been abhorrent lately.  It needs to stop.  Someone who disagrees with you is not a moron, or a slurper, or any of the wose names I've seen around here.  Let's try to pretend that we are intelligent people discussing differing opinions, and not social media trolls.

What a stoopid post!

Seriously, MoM, I really like what you said here. Perspective is not easy to find on most interwebs fan sites, especially after a dose of huge, negative news. Hopefully, those reading this (including me) might take a couple of deep breaths and realize that life is pretty great.

Thanks for posting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »

I will echo MU82 in my praise.

This is a really, really good post.
I am guilty of some of the transgressions you call out.

Can I say 2 Hail Moms, 3 Our Lovell’s, 2 Ring Out Ahoyas and seek to be absolved?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
Do people believe that Sam really wanted to transfer?Has one year left.Going to sit a year and play one.Makes no sense to me.Is he leaving because of Joey?If that is the case it is a sad situation.

Right on.  Seems really dumb on Sam's part.  He would have finished as one of the great Warriors.  Now he will be remembered as a "quitter."

feedback