[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam's situation  (Read 13173 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Sam's situation
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
How do you know I'm speculating?? That's a pretty bold assumption to be making.

Given your track record, it's a safe assumption.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2019, 11:48:59 AM »
You know what's even more perfect than that...the exact same player when they are 21 going on 22

But the point is he won't be the same player.  He'll have two more years experience.

Look, I get your point, but the idea that the NBA won't take a flyer on a 24 year old isn't accurate.  Look at the second round of the 2018 draft.  Devonte Graham was 24.  So was George King.  Jaron Blossomgame and Kadeem Allen were the year prior. 

If an NBA team thinks Sam can contribute at a relatively advanced age, they will most certainly still draft him. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:18 AM »
Given your track record, it's a safe assumption.

Mmmmk if you say so. Was I not calling for Wojo to be fired after the season ended, much to the chastising of everyone here?? How does that look now?? I wasn't just shouting that to shout it. But of course what could I possibly know, after all I'm just a regular poster on an MU message board, right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
Mmmmk if you say so. Was I not calling for Wojo to be fired after the season ended, much to the chastising of everyone here?? How does that look now?? I wasn't just shouting that to shout it. But of course what could I possibly know, after all I'm just a regular poster on an MU message board, right??

That's not the same thing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »
I think that’s the biggest indictment of Wojo. How bad does it have to be that causes them to make a decision like that?

If Wojo is so bad, why did Markus decide to stay?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
The whole thing doesn’t make sense. Sam sits one year to play one year. Joey gives up a year of eligibility to sit one year and play two. It’s a bad look for everyone involved.
Honestly, if that was me at 21 I might consider that. If someone was going to pay me to play school for another year and had a chance to go to top program, 2 years is better than 1. He sits out next and gets to be part of a championship caliber team for a year and comes back even better as a super-senior. It probably hurts his long-term earnings potential but short-term he will get a lot of enjoyment out of it if it plays out right.

It's a good thing I went to Marquette and saw the debt meter rising daily, otherwise I might've taken the six year route.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

If Wojo is so bad, why did Markus decide to stay?

Cause he lets him take 30 shots a game as the star, with enough of a leash to piss off the second and third best players into transferring. Who wouldn’t want that?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »

Are you suggesting that everyone who was calling for Wojo to be fired after the season ended had inside information?  Knew the Hausers were going to transfer?  Because that was a lot of people.  Apparently, this was the worst kept secret ever.

More likely, you and many other people were pissed about how the season went (a reasonable position to take) and thought that Wojo should be fired based solely on that.  No inside information was needed to form that opinion.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
How do you know I'm speculating?? That's a pretty bold assumption to be making.

Are you?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »

But the point is he won't be the same player.  He'll have two more years experience.

Look, I get your point, but the idea that the NBA won't take a flyer on a 24 year old isn't accurate.  Look at the second round of the 2018 draft.  Devonte Graham was 24.  So was George King.  Jaron Blossomgame and Kadeem Allen were the year prior. 

If an NBA team thinks Sam can contribute at a relatively advanced age, they will most certainly still draft him.
I just don't see Sam becoming that player good enough to overcome his age. He's a 6'8" guy too slow to guard wings and would get destroyed inside. I don't think he changes his flaws with exposure as a senior. He does however showcase himself for the Euroleagues.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2019, 12:22:39 PM »
Cause he lets him take 30 shots a game as the star, with enough of a leash to piss off the second and third best players into transferring. Who wouldn’t want that?

Let the record reflect, Markus has never taken 30 shots in a game.
He's taken more than 25 shots on six occasions (three last season, three this season) in 99 career games, aka 6.06 percent.

In those six games, Markus shot 45.5 percent from the field, 46.6 percent from behind the arc and averaged 38 points per game.
MU went 4-2 in those games, with three of those wins coming in OT.
In other words, these largely were games when he should have been shooting 25+ times from the field. Anyone complaining about his shot volume in those games is dumb.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
Let the record reflect, Markus has never taken 30 shots in a game.
He's taken more than 25 shots on six occasions (three last season, three this season) in 99 career games, aka 6.06 percent.

In those six games, Markus shot 45.5 percent from the field, 46.6 percent from behind the arc and averaged 38 points per game.
MU went 4-2 in those games, with three of those wins coming in OT.
In other words, these largely were games when he should have been shooting 25+ times from the field. Anyone complaining about his shot volume in those games is dumb.

Facts.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
You're not just a regular poster.  Dont let anyone tell you that.  You are a football fan.  A man among men...as smart as you are tenatious.  You are old school...you dont conform to modern day wussiness.  You remain true to your ancestral past.  You sir, are not "regular."  You are a MAN.

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2019, 01:28:26 PM »
Any idea of what kinda money Sam might be walking away from as an all time great on a MU FF team?  I understand a few ifs and assumption, but got to figure he could make some coin in the Milwaukee area for years to come if the team did well next year?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
Any idea of what kinda money Sam might be walking away from as an all time great on a MU FF team?  I understand a few ifs and assumption, but got to figure he could make some coin in the Milwaukee area for years to come if the team did well next year?

If he goes to Madison, he can be like  all ex-Badger ballers and use their degree and make a living talking sports on the radio
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2019, 01:36:23 PM »
Who knows. I do hope Wojo replaces them with quicker players. Imo, Joey is just to slow and athletic teams lit him up.

The Hauser kids are clearly saying “Don’t F with us”
Buzz would say about the Hauser kids “You can’t F with em...with them”

#Slow.
Goodbye.

Let them be Badgers for all I care.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »
The Hauser kids are clearly saying “Don’t F with us”
Buzz would say about the Hauser kids “You can’t F with em...with them”

#Slow.
Goodbye.

Let them be Badgers for all I care.

You and others here are butt hurt that the Hausers left and are saying bad things about them as a result.  They’re very, very good college players who are in line to go to MSU, Virginia, or UW, three top college b-ball programs.  Any school would be thrilled to have them come aboard.

We had them, and Wojo screwed it up because he’s in over his head and can’t manage egos, which is one or the biggest jobs a coach has.

Sam Hauser might be wearing red next year.  Just let that sink in.  And it’s on Wojo.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »

You’ve been calling for him to be fired for over 2 years. Let’s not act like you know something all of a sudden and you saw this coming down the pipe for 2 years.

And you are speculating after telling everyone else not to speculate. Interesting.

How do you know the hauser are not just sick of the weather. What if both of their girlfriends broke up with them and they just don’t want to be in mke anymore? Those are possibilities too! Speculate away everyone.

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2019, 01:56:22 PM »
You and others here are butt hurt that the Hausers left and are saying bad things about them as a result.  They’re very, very good college players who are in line to go to MSU, Virginia, or UW, three top college b-ball programs.  Any school would be thrilled to have them come aboard.

We had them, and Wojo screwed it up because he’s in over his head and can’t manage egos, which is one or the biggest jobs a coach has.

Sam Hauser might be wearing red next year.  Just let that sink in.  And it’s on Wojo.

Say it louder for the people in the back!

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
Re: Sam's situatio
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »

It’s funny how the sky-is-falling crowd is so quick to lay blame when they have none of the locker room facts whatsoever, yet when I make an observation about a fact about play on the floor I’m “butt-hurt.”

Sam and Joey have some of the slowest foot speed of any high Div1 program playing major minutes in the NCAA tournament...AND THEY ARE ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER for much of the game. Both of my Div1 playing friends (one of whom has an NCAA ring) alerted me to this fact, which was evident to me throughout the season as well. Sam is an extremely crafty, smart player. He will make a nice living some day. I think Joey is really overrated, but will get his act together at some point. I don’t think he’ll ever be able to defend anyone. That’s an opinion.

Something had to give with the ridiculous depth we had going into next season. Sorry that you’re not handling it well by worrying about where the Hausers end up more than worrying about how we plug the holes on the roster going forward. But I’m the one who’s butt-hurt.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2019, 02:19:11 PM »

And another thing. Goose and others like him on this board, whose opinion I respect, have called out Wojo for his teams being a mix of parts that don’t fit, that we have NO IDENTITY. Now, at the end of the year, when there was a question about our identity going forward...maybe Wojo decided to ride a horse that would mesh better with the kind of athletes we have..to play a bit quicker. Just maybe he told Sam and Joey that they wouldn’t be on the floor TOGETHER as much next season. How many minutes would Sam lose? Not many. Maybe Sam took issue to hearing about slightly reduced minutes for his bro. Who knows? But now that our identity is going to get clearer going forward ( and this is not spin) these same people are going all chicken little.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »
It’s funny how the sky-is-falling crowd is so quick to lay blame when they have none of the locker room facts whatsoever, yet when I make an observation about a fact about play on the floor I’m “butt-hurt.”

Sam and Joey have some of the slowest foot speed of any high Div1 program playing major minutes in the NCAA tournament...AND THEY ARE ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER for much of the game. Both of my Div1 playing friends (one of whom has an NCAA ring) alerted me to this fact, which was evident to me throughout the season as well. Sam is an extremely crafty, smart player. He will make a nice living some day. I think Joey is really overrated, but will get his act together at some point. I don’t think he’ll ever be able to defend anyone. That’s an opinion.

Something had to give with the ridiculous depth we had going into next season. Sorry that you’re not handling it well by worrying about where the Hausers end up more than worrying about how we plug the holes on the roster going forward. But I’m the one who’s butt-hurt.

If you want to talk about how slow Sam and Joey are and use that to rationalize why losing them is okay, go ahead.

It’s not just about two players transferring.  It’s not about plugging holes next year.  Losing the Hausers was an embarrassment and will cast a dark cloud over the program for at least the next two years while they’re still in college, if not longer.  It’s the type of blow we may not recover from until we do something drastic like get rid of Wojo.

In terms of college basketball, losing the Hausers in the fashion we did is absolutely a “sky is falling” moment.  Short of major sanctions, this is the worst thing that could’ve happened to this program at this particular time.

And to reply to your last post re: team identity, that’s just pure speculation on your part.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:22:36 PM by Research Report »

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »

The players who should be transferring when there is tons of depth on a potential Final Four team is the benchwarmers, not 2 starters averaging 30+ minutes and 26 points combined. Anybody not freaking out right now needs their head examined.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
Anybody not freaking out right now needs their head examined.

Weird. I think those freaking out need to get some life perspective.

To each their own!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »
Weird. I think those freaking out need to get some life perspective.

To each their own!

Beat me to it.
Nobody should freak out because a college kid they don't know decided to change schools.

feedback