Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Both Hausers to transfer.  (Read 35854 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Both Hausers to transfer.
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »
No Finish Line

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »
Hopefully from the same guy who told you #donedeal about Markus leaving.  And "home" lol

You really are dense.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:54 PM »
I have no inside knowledge and I'm not saying everything is perfect with MUBB, but you are putting wayyyy too much stock in a tweet from Harry f'in Froling.

Froling never saw a shot he couldn't make and didn't take anyway.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »
Texas??

Lol they should fit well in Shaka system.

Especially Joey
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/BenSchmidt9/status/1117853575483408384

If that tweet is true, they would be better served going to play for Buzz at TAMU to be honest.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »
This is such a gut punch.  Time heals everything, but right now, my level of interest in next season just took a nosedive.  Seriously depressing sh*t. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2019, 01:43:05 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2019, 01:43:47 PM »
Not loading for some reason could you embed or relay what it says?

Shaka and Texas
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »
Not loading for some reason could you embed or relay what it says?
says they are going to TX to play for Shaka.  A joke.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
wrong chico's you need a geography lesson

He’s not wrong, it’s a difference of 35 minutes, Madison being closer.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
Well unnatural carnal knowledge
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:19 PM »
Harry Froling’s Twitter right now is interesting...

Wojo could be gone by the end of the week if you think there’s any truth to what he’s tweeting.

If you're going to post something like that, at least provide context. 

Harry quoted Sam's tweet as said "People really have no idea what goes on behind closed doors!  Goodluck borhter. Big things ahead." 

Doesn't really seem that bad coming from a guy who has already transferred out. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
If that tweet is true, they would be better served going to play for Buzz at TAMU to be honest.

Both Hausers don't have the athleticism to play for Buzz
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
My question is, what was Joey’s gripe? The kid got every opportunity to succeed as a Freshman on a top-25 team for much of the season.

If I remember right, so many people wanted him out of the starting lineup many times over this season because he was such a liability on defense and went into incredible slumps but he still got tons of minutes.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »
My question is, what was Joey’s gripe? The kid got every opportunity to succeed as a Freshman on a top-25 team for much of the season.

If I remember right, so many people wanted him out of the starting lineup many times over this season because he was such a liability on defense and went into incredible slumps but he still got tons of minutes.
This reeks of something personal beyond on the court issues
No Finish Line

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2019, 01:54:59 PM »
Michigan State possibly?
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
Michigan State possibly?

That’s what I’m thinking. Mr. Hauser just followed them before deleting his twitter account.

connie

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2019, 02:01:51 PM »
Balls.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2019, 02:02:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/BenSchmidt9/status/1117853575483408384

So we have Wisconsin, VA, Texas.  What looks the most reasonable?  I'm leaning toward the Badgers.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
There already are at least a half-dozen threads going on, and probably will be more before I finish this. I'll put this here because it's as good a place as any ...

As many know, I have been one of Wojo's vocal supporters, but there is no doubt that this sets us back considerably, and I don't see how he or his program recovers. As one who usually defended him, I do feel let down; I can't lie about that.

As the "CEO" of his program, Wojo looks weak here, like he has little control over anything. It's a terrible look, and it means he is officially on the clock.

This, combined with the way it ended with the Ellensons, as well as some players earlier in his tenure (Taylor, Carter, Cheatham, Burton, Dawson, etc), even the Froling tweet ... all of it adds up. One can look at each situation and explain it, but coaches are great at negative recruiting, and right now Wojo is an easy mark for them.

"You're really considering Marquette? Have you heard about this? And this? And this and this and this? Do you really want your precious son to play for him?"

Obviously, this Hauser situation is more damning than any of the others -- Wisconsin kids leaving "home" even as the team seemed on the verge of greatness. I don't know how Wojo overcomes this. It's a vicious body-blow to his program.

As for the Hausers ...

I am one who said last week that they had options -- came right out and said they should transfer if they hated it so much -- so I am not going to rip them for doing just that. Nor will I bash them for their shortcomings that were part of our late-season collapse, because they had plenty of company in that department, including Wojo and Markus.

Lastly, as a person in his fifth decade of Marquette fandom, I am a little sad that some of Wojo's detractors seem almost giddy about this. I guess because it validates their opinions about him and lets them revel in their miserableness? 

How wonderful that our program -- one that seemed on the verge of our best season in at least 7 years -- now will probably have yet another long stretch of suckitude.

Congrats, folks ... you "win"!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

Both Hausers don't have the athleticism to play for Buzz

Probably true, but they would be in much better shape after Buzz's training program.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:05 PM »
Hate to say it, but Sam & Joey gone makes a little sense of something I saw in Hartford.

Having been on road trips during my college days, there was a certain camaraderie -- at the hotels, at meal time, riding on the bus, etc. -- where we all stuck together, no matter our differences off the ice or back at school.  If we had free time at the hotel - at the very least - the forwards (or each line) kept together, and the defense and goalies would hang together (sometimes together, sometimes separate).  The only exception was when the captains would split off from their respective groups, but nobody stayed behind and nobody went out alone, ever.

Back in Hartford.... later that evening, after the Murray State game, my daughter and I were going back to our room when we ran into several players in the hotel hallway, who were chatting with (presumably) a donor.  They were all together, dejected, but appearing somewhat relieved that the season was over.  Let's put it this way... anyone who's ever seen a competitor have their heart ripped out could plainly see they were all leaning on, and supporting, one another (metaphorically speaking) in their moment of misery.  As we're about to get to the elevator, out comes Theo, who catches up to the rest.  After we get on the elevator, my daughter says, "he's pretty big," and it hits me... they were all bigs, but notably missing from that group was the brothers.

Granted, two different sports, two different eras... but personally, it struck me as odd how - what now turns out to be our entire front court next year - were hanging together sans the brothers. 

Maybe Sam and Joey were doing the family thing with their parents, maybe they were with Todd tending to injuries, who knows.  Just one person's observation that, while innocuous on its own, may now add a little color in the grand scheme in retrospect.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

THEbig0

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:20 PM »
Sam has to sit out a year, thought he'd be a grad transfer for sure in this case.

It just doesn't make sense for a guy the announcers thought would be an NBA player to sit out another year before trying to get paid. Just for what...more attention? Higher pick?  Probably not for a better team.  To wait to play with his brother when they are older and have a chance to really  make a name for themselves as a duo?  Don't get it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
There already are at least a half-dozen threads going on, and probably will be more before I finish this. I'll put this here because it's as good a place as any ...

As many know, I have been one of Wojo's vocal supporters, but there is no doubt that this sets us back considerably, and I don't see how he or his program recovers. As one who usually defended him, I do feel let down; I can't lie about that.

As the "CEO" of his program, Wojo looks weak here, like he has little control over anything. It's a terrible look, and it means he is officially on the clock.

This, combined with the way it ended with the Ellensons, as well as some players earlier in his tenure (Taylor, Carter, Cheatham, Burton, Dawson, etc), even the Froling tweet ... all of it adds up. One can look at each situation and explain it, but coaches are great at negative recruiting, and right now Wojo is an easy mark for them.

"You're really considering Marquette? Have you heard about this? And this? And this and this and this? Do you really want your precious son to play for him?"

Obviously, this Hauser situation is more damning than any of the others -- Wisconsin kids leaving "home" even as the team seemed on the verge of greatness. I don't know how Wojo overcomes this. It's a vicious body-blow to his program.

As for the Hausers ...

I am one who said last week that they had options -- came right out and said they should transfer if they hated it so much -- so I am not going to rip them for doing just that. Nor will I bash them for their shortcomings that were part of our late-season collapse, because they had plenty of company in that department, including Wojo and Markus.

Lastly, as a person in his fifth decade of Marquette fandom, I am a little sad that some of Wojo's detractors seem almost giddy about this. I guess because it validates their opinions about him and lets them revel in their miserableness? 

How wonderful that our program -- one that seemed on the verge of our best season in at least 7 years -- now will probably have yet another long stretch of suckitude.

Congrats, folks ... you "win"!

Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing this.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.