[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MARKUS IS BACK  (Read 31316 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MARKUS IS BACK
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2019, 07:23:26 PM »
Even if it was baseless speculation they’re not affected in any way. This isn’t like speculating that someone committed some heinous crime and they didn’t.

Im not sure those involved would agree
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2019, 07:28:44 PM »
Im not sure those involved would agree
That’s fine. I’m not sure this board exists to protect their feelings either.
No Finish Line

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
Just referring to what’s been suggested by multiple posters here. Clearly more than one person has heard this

If a lot of people say something inaccurate, that doesn’t make it accurate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »
I just heard the same thing about the Hausers from a party outside of the MU fan circle. I don’t think it’s true, but odd that the rumor is out there.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
What's your best guess

I think there are a lot of dynamics with the three.  Joe wears his emotions on his sleeve and I’ve seen him react to certain things that have happened on the floor.  If anyone goes it would be Joe.

I also think REAL is correct.  Losing amplifies problems and Wojo needs to make sure everyone is on the same page.  If not, people are going to get upset and one or more may move on...such is life.  I’d like to see all three coexist but it’s his job to make sure it happens.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »
Yeah because it’s what he’s hearing from trusted people so he’s sharing with fellow fans. There’s nothing wrong with that

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but its then hearsay from other posters that he/she trusts but no source mentioned.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2019, 07:50:08 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure, not one person I know has suggested the Hausers are upset about anything. And I fully trust all of them.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure, not one person I know has suggested the Hausers are upset about anything. And I fully trust all of them.
my sources tell me sam and Markus were playing fortnite until 2 in the morning.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
Both hausers are transferring, just heard it. Shocked and awful

Before or after Spain trip?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »
Both hausers are transferring, just heard it. Shocked and awful

LOL mmmk...cuz Sam's gonna transfer his Senior year and sit out a year?? Rrrrrrrrriiiiiiight.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2019, 08:00:50 PM »
FWIW Mrs. Gato and I spoke with Dave and Stephanie Hauser at the banquet. We rehashed certain aspects of the season. They seemed pretty happy to me. I will say this: the basketball and athletics administrations do not understand where a lot of this crap comes from. A single day player frustration turns into a transfer. Remember when Travis Diener was so mad at Crean he called his dad to pick him up because he was transferring? His dad came and cooler heads prevail. People aren’t happy 100% of the time but please, use some judgement.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
LOL mmmk...cuz Sam's gonna transfer his Senior year and sit out a year?? Rrrrrrrrriiiiiiight.

If both of their issues are strictly with Markus, they could just redshirt and play the next year? Lol..

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
If both of their issues are strictly with Markus, they could just redshirt and play the next year? Lol..

Joey already redshirted
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2019, 08:06:38 PM »
That’s fine. I’m not sure this board exists to protect their feelings either.

Why does that matter? I think it's good to remember that the players are actual human beings.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »

The messenger is being attacked because his sources suck. There is very little evidence to suggest the Hausers are upset Markus is returning. Why would they be?

How do you know, oh fluffy one?

As to why? Maybe they don't like the fact that Markus dominates the ball so much. Maybe they're concerned that with Koby coming on the scene next year they'll see it even less. It has certainly been widely reported here that the entire Hauser family had problems with another guard they thought was a little selfish. Believe me, I hope (and also think) everyone returns and it's all seashells and balloons next seasons. That said, I'm not going to trash people for bringing news I'd rather not hear to Scoop.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2019, 08:09:40 PM »
FWIW Mrs. Gato and I spoke with Dave and Stephanie Hauser at the banquet. We rehashed certain aspects of the season. They seemed pretty happy to me. I will say this: the basketball and athletics administrations do not understand where a lot of this crap comes from. A single day player frustration turns into a transfer. Remember when Travis Diener was so mad at Crean he called his dad to pick him up because he was transferring? His dad came and cooler heads prevail. People aren’t happy 100% of the time but please, use some judgement.

+1000, and that's exactly why this board gets such a bad reputation...Some of the nonsense rumors spewed here are ridiculous. I wish people would realize that spreading sh*t like that can eventually hurt the program. Like Gato says, use some judgement.

99% of the crap brought here is started by Badger fans, and others run with it, then tell posters here then they post it as factual..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:12:30 PM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »
What do Dave and Stephanie Hauser know about what Sam and Joey Hauser are thinking?  "Sources" are obviously more reliable than "parents".

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2019, 08:15:51 PM »

+1000, and that's exactly why this board gets such a bad reputation...Some of the nonsense rumors spewed here are ridiculous. I wish people would realize that spreading sh*t like that can eventually hurt the program. Like Gato says, use some judgement.

Yes, it's much better for the team to post dozens and dozens of posts completely trashing the team, its coaches, and its players.

Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2019, 08:17:56 PM »
How do you know, oh fluffy one?

As to why? Maybe they don't like the fact that Markus dominates the ball so much. Maybe they're concerned that with Koby coming on the scene next year they'll see it even less. It has certainly been widely reported here that the entire Hauser family had problems with another guard they thought was a little selfish. Believe me, I hope (and also think) everyone returns and it's all seashells and balloons next seasons. That said, I'm not going to trash people for bringing news I'd rather not hear to Scoop.

I bolded the part that is the problem...there are people that get true inside info from reliable sources. There isn't a single poster here that gets such info. At least not from the same people, the true insiders get it from.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
Yes, it's much better for the team to post dozens and dozens of posts completely trashing the team, its coaches, and its players.

I agree, slamming players is 100% inexcusable...that should never happen. I blast Wojo, he's the Coach, he's free game, the players however should not be free game. That is something I can say, I have never done, or will do.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:22:53 PM by muguru »

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »
I can say with good authority that the athletics people see this stuff and shake their heads. What to them is particularly befuddling are attacks on 18 to 22 year old young men who work exceptionally hard and are expected  to be perfect representatives of the university. Yet, they get trashed by alums of that university here and on other social media by those who feel entitled to do it. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »

99% of the crap brought here is started by Badger fans, and others run with it, then tell posters here then they post it as factual..

And you bashing the coach and team does wonders for the program....right?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2019, 08:37:54 PM »
I can say with good authority that the athletics people see this stuff and shake their heads. What to them is particularly befuddling are attacks on 18 to 22 year old young men who work exceptionally hard and are expected  to be perfect representatives of the university. Yet, they get trashed by alums of that university here and on other social media by those who feel entitled to do it.

+1. But I might add that "alums" may not always be accurate.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »

Glass houses, aina?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »

Show me a single post where I have ever "bashed" the team?? Wojo yes..he has to own it. He says himself "it's on him". But I will NEVER EVER rip a player, never have, and I'm disgusted when people do. In fact, I have no idea why that's even allowed here.