[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz -Is he going to Texas A & M  (Read 28354 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Buzz -Is he going to Texas A & M
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2019, 08:32:08 PM »
Towel

Then why was MU accepting dirty money? If you know it was dirty, MU sure should know. For the record, Dick was a billionaire and is a billionaire. You should do some homework on his current endeavors.

I do want to add, if you question my integrity one more Fxxkin time on here, it will be the last. For the last time, show some respect for others.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
What stands out to me is Wojo's ballsy 24-hour ultimatum. Ugh on Lovell, if true.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »
Avid

If you do not know the facts, why would you call a man’s money dirty. I have far too much respect for MU to believe they knowingly took money that was dirty.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2019, 08:43:28 PM »
Avid

If you do not know the facts, why would you call a man’s money dirty. I have far too much respect for MU to believe they knowingly took money that was dirty.
1.  I didnt call it dirty...asked two questions asking if it was dirty.

2.  Just did a quick read...sure seems like he did and admitted to doing sh1t he shouldnt have.  Im sure there are plenty of sides to the story. 

3.  Dont have any clue where MU's standards are on donors.  Born and raised catholic...lets just say nothing surprises me anymore and MU surely isnt exempt from that.

4.  My brother does know this stuff pretty well...investment banker...wasnt thrilled with Strong funds when he was notified of the issue.

5.  Really dont care about strong himself...was just curious as to if anyone knew how his lack of support effected the bball program.

6. Go brewers

7.  Go bucks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:46:13 PM by avid1010 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
jesmu

Not sure why you find that to be amusing. I do not think there is a need to continually make personal jobs on here. I try not to cross lines and expect the same from others. When I have crossed lines I have always tried to reach out to the person(s) I have crossed line with.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2019, 08:52:33 PM »
jesmu

Not sure why you find that to be amusing. I do not think there is a need to continually make personal jobs on here. I try not to cross lines and expect the same from others. When I have crossed lines I have always tried to reach out to the person(s) I have crossed line with.

I just enjoy bickering between people. Not laughing at you.

And it's even better when it's heisy. Just look at his post history.

And also, you're threatening someone on a message board. Where's that going to go?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:55:42 PM by jesmu84 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2019, 08:56:28 PM »
jesmu

I am a born smart ass and have very thick skin, but he crosses lines that should not be crossed. I get kick out of bickering as well, but I guess the Dahmer post followed by others questioning integrity is going too far.

Fair point on the veiled threat. What am I going to do, place him on ignore?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:00:11 PM by Goose »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
Should we rename this thread the "Dick Strong Pissing Match"?

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »
I'll just add to the Strong tale that he pushed hard for MU to hire local with Lovell (and I believe ponied up some $$). When Lovell and Ferraro didn't inform DS on Wojo, I think that was it for MU basketball. I know the annual AD checks stopped for the coach salary and I think that Heartland isn't even involved with MU any more.

Gato, I think you got the Pullman story slightly wrong as TB was already at UVA. That run was when MU hired Buzz and MU wasn't at the Final Four with all the other coaches as they ran the search out of MKE.  TB called and said he'd now consider it but they had rushed and signed Buzz 20 minutes before.  I could be wrong so I will trust your take.
You are correct. Got the Buzz and Wojo hiring mixed up on the Pullman trip. Rest is accurate.  Was pissed while typing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:15:07 PM by Gato78 »

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »
Let’s add that Spitzer demanded $$ from Strong so he wouldn’t be charged playing a game of chicken. Strong paid the asking price and it did not affect his lifestyle in the least. Who wouldn’t? Unethical by Spitzer in my mind. Either charge or do not. Threatened charges that can be bought for $$. Where is that ethical?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »
Gato's order of events jumps back and forth between the two hires. Strong pitched Bennett in 2009 before we hired Buzz. Bennett wanted to go for the LSU job because his wife is from Louisiana. So Bennett pursued the LSU job while Marquette moved on to other candidates (Buzz) believing they would not be able to get Bennett. LSU decided to go with Johnny Jones instead. When Bennett learned he didn't get LSU in 2009, he called Marquette to ask if the head coaching job was still available. That phone call was made about a half hour after Buzz Williams put pen to contract.

Marquette probably could have waited a little longer in 2009.  Coach Williams was only an assistant. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 09:20:17 PM »
Marquette probably could have waited a little longer in 2009.  Coach Williams was only an assistant.

Someone else banged that drum repeatedly.....

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
And your agreement with paragon of virtue Elliot Spitzer that there was a serious crime committed by Strong is highly suspect (as is limiting Lovell's errors to the basketball program).

Marylou Whitney (yes, descendant of Eli Whitney) is a prominent owner and breeder of thoroughbreds in NY. Her efforts to improve the NY breeding program were often rebuffed by a recalcitrant Governor Eliot Spitzer, so after the details started emerging about Eliot’s dalliances, she got back at him in a manner any good horse owner would...equine nomenclature...Whitney promptly named one of her homebred foals “LuvGuv”....wasn’t much of a runner.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
Let’s add that Spitzer demanded $$ from Strong so he wouldn’t be charged playing a game of chicken. Strong paid the asking price and it did not affect his lifestyle in the least. Who wouldn’t? Unethical by Spitzer in my mind. Either charge or do not. Threatened charges that can be bought for $$. Where is that ethical?

He lost his freaking company!

And while we're at it, stop this silliness that he is a billionaire.  Unless he was a bigger thief than we all knew and stole a lot more than advertised.

And why didn't MU cut ties with him after this came he was stealing money from customers vis bogus trades?  sh!t walks and money talks.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

connie

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2019, 09:40:05 PM »
1.  I didnt call it dirty...asked two questions asking if it was dirty.

2.  Just did a quick read...sure seems like he did and admitted to doing sh1t he shouldnt have.  Im sure there are plenty of sides to the story. 

3.  Dont have any clue where MU's standards are on donors.  Born and raised catholic...lets just say nothing surprises me anymore and MU surely isnt exempt from that.

4.  My brother does know this stuff pretty well...investment banker...wasnt thrilled with Strong funds when he was notified of the issue.

5.  Really dont care about strong himself...was just curious as to if anyone knew how his lack of support effected the bball program.

6. Go brewers

7.  Go bucks
Technical (maybe) violations of very intensive rules that Spitzer read like they had not been interpreted before because he was looking for a scalp. The NYT summary is about a 2nd grade understanding and the story is horribly biased and uninformed.  Beware of self righteous prosecutors selling their souls for higher office while literally buying the bodies of others to get their jollies.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2019, 09:44:48 PM »
Gato's order of events jumps back and forth between the two hires.

Oh, I know. I just enjoy how we can't keep our Marquette basketballl urban legends straight anymore.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
Should we rename this thread the "Dick Strong Pissing Match"?

Others were too busy pissing in each other's cornflakes to notice this, Doc, but I chuckled!

Multiple accounts on Twitter reporting Buzz is indeed gone to TAMU. Announced to the team tonight.

https://twitter.com/henryskutt/status/1112886705235939328?s=21

https://twitter.com/mbprivals/status/1112906346293334016?s=21

https://twitter.com/heregojayagain/status/1112875812179623936?s=21

Oh sure, brewski, way to ruin the thread by putting it back on topic. I want to hear more about Dick Strong, a hard subject to ignore!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
Jockey

Do you know Dick Strong? Do you know his history? If what you believe is true, MU has happily taking dirty money. Are you saying MU had no problem taking dirty money? Come on, you are smarter than that.

You missed my point, Goose. I do not say that all of his money was dirty. I am also not saying he gave dirty money to MU.

I was saying that he has done bad things, he has paid for them with both money and reputation, and it is time to move on. He paid for his crimes (which is all anyone should ask) but I still feel the association taints MU a bit.

Don't let Heisy bother you - everyone knows what he is. I don't know you and disagree with you a lot, but I would guess you have more integrity in your little finger than he has in his entire being.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »
Technical (maybe) violations of very intensive rules that Spitzer read like they had not been interpreted before because he was looking for a scalp. The NYT summary is about a 2nd grade understanding and the story is horribly biased and uninformed.  Beware of self righteous prosecutors selling their souls for higher office while literally buying the bodies of others to get their jollies.

You don't pay a $60 million fine, accept a lifetime ban and sell your company for 1/3 its value because of a dubious interpretation of a rule by an overzealous prosecutor.  You spend a small part of that $60 million fighting it.

I have to assume you worked at Strong (or have a partner, family member) and is not electing to blame Strong for his terrible choices but looking for someone else to blame.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

connie

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »
You don't pay a $60 million fine, accept a lifetime ban and sell your company for 1/3 its value because of a dubious interpretation of a rule by an overzealous prosecutor.  You spend a small part of that $60 million fighting it.

I have to assume you worked at Strong (or have a partner, family member) and is not electing to blame Strong for his terrible choices but looking for someone else to blame.
Wrong, on all counts.  It was arguably a technical violation, which was the basis of the prosecutorial hook.  I think it was bs, but admit there was a chance of a violation if it reached an envious jury, and a NY judge would likely be less inclined to dismiss against some guy from Wisconsin. Fighting it would probably have destroyed the entire fund and as a result cost far more than 60m, so he salvaged what he could when Spitzer turned a level 1 into a 10.  There are a lot of other factors at play in these prosecutions that you have to consider, but your analysis to this point shows you won't.  Anyway, looks like Buzz is gone from VT.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
Multiple accounts on Twitter reporting Buzz is indeed gone to TAMU. Announced to the team tonight.

https://twitter.com/henryskutt/status/1112886705235939328?s=21

https://twitter.com/mbprivals/status/1112906346293334016?s=21

https://twitter.com/heregojayagain/status/1112875812179623936?s=21

I'm just glad we aren't the only schmucks that got left standing at the alter on April 1.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2019, 02:25:02 AM »
jesmu

With all due respect this is untrue. You've jabbed plenty of times at me once even unprovoked when I was jabbing Chicos. While his jab at you was way too far please do not pretend you are above the fray of personal jabs on this site.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2019, 04:47:02 AM »
Galway

Did you read my whole post? Of course I throw jabs, but try not to cross certain lines. If I crossed the with you, it was unintentional and apologies. Just curious, what do you think is untrue on the post you noted? There is a need for personal attacks on here?

feedback