Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Might Look Back...  (Read 27785 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: We Might Look Back...
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »
You don't sit The Beast.

I still laugh when I think about Roseboro's phony black accent. The guy actually spoke Ebonics.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2019, 03:00:56 AM »
This might be true, Crash. Most folks are far more connected to the ins and outs of the program than I am, and you are part of "most folks."

However ...

We heard the exact same "warning" when Wojo was trying to seal the deal with Joey, who was coveted by bluebloods and other fine programs.

If the Hausers thought Wojo was squirmy with the Ellensons, or if Sam had a terrible experience as a freshman, Sam would have transferred -- after what he showed his fine freshman year, he would have had tons of suitors -- and they never would have let their precious younger son be coached by the evil Wojo.

Unless I'm missing something. Always possible.

Mike

The Ellenson case is materially different than the Hauser's. There is a significant degree of animosity with Wojo in the former for how Wally was treated. Perhaps Wally would have been better served at a lower level but since he was at MU it was thought he could have finished out his time there. As soon as Henry declared Wally was cut loose.

The myth of Wally not being committed to basketball is pure horsesh1t. 

The Hauser parents have a completely different beef with Wojo. There is no question the two sons have the talent to be at MU.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »
Mike

The Ellenson case is materially different than the Hauser's. There is a significant degree of animosity with Wojo in the former for how Wally was treated. Perhaps Wally would have been better served at a lower level but since he was at MU it was thought he could have finished out his time there. As soon as Henry declared Wally was cut loose.

The Hauser parents have a completely different beef with Wojo. There is no question the two sons have the talent to be at MU.

So the hausers don't like Wojo?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2019, 03:55:35 AM »
So the hausers don't like Wojo?

Referring to the parents, I wouldn't think The Woj is getting an invite for a Stevens Point Christmas dinner this year

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2019, 06:47:10 AM »
Referring to the parents, I wouldn't think The Woj is getting an invite for a Stevens Point Christmas dinner this year

You are hearing this from Seattle?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2019, 08:12:19 AM »

Laughable considering Twitter would prove this wrong prior to Wojo's departure.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2019, 10:54:53 AM »
Yeah the Hausers do not hate Wojo, to say otherwise is complete and utter horse excrement.

And Wally was allowed to stay and finish out at Marquette. He could have stayed as a walk on for basketball or on a full ride as a track only athlete.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2019, 11:58:04 AM »

Sounds like you've got some bad info.

Or are you purposely spreading false info to discredit a coach you don't like?

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »
Yeah the Hausers do not hate Wojo, to say otherwise is complete and utter horse excrement.

And Wally was allowed to stay and finish out at Marquette. He could have stayed as a walk on for basketball or on a full ride as a track only athlete.

I didn't say the parents "hate" Wojo. I said they aren't the biggest fans of his.

And please don't whitewash the Wally episode. While there are nuances the bottom line is he was promised a basketball scholarship for the duration. Wojo withdrew the offer. The Ellensons have every right to feel betrayed.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2019, 02:13:42 PM »
You are hearing this from Seattle?

PM sent

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »

The prior season basketball made Wally do spring skills workouts and he hurt his ankle, affecting his high jump performance.  He was mad about this. This caused a rift, especially with his dad getting involved; the same dad who was the reason Wally was out at Minnesota with the demands he was making on Tubby.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
Mike

Crash, unless you know first-hand how the Hausers feel, this seems a little over the top to me.

The Hausers had a ton of options, even after Sam was already at MU. If they felt that Wojo wouldn't be good for their sons' futures, they should have pulled Sam out of MU and not let Joey go there. They could have gone to any school in the country; any program would have been thrilled to have them.

I mean, Sam and Joey are their sons! If you don't like or trust the coach, there is no way any parent who loves their high-achieving kids will let those kids be part of a bad situation. My daughter played D3 ball; if I didn't like her coach and I was sure my reasons were justified, there is 0.00% chance I would have let her play for that coach.

Not only did Sam stay, but Joey joined him, all after Wojo had been on the job for several years. That's a funny way as a parent to show dissatisfaction with -- or even concern about -- the coach.

As for Wally ...

The whole idea of bringing him in expressly because it was the only way to get Henry always seemed a little crappy to me. But unless the Ellensons were stupid, they had to know that's what it was about. And in the end they did about as much using as being used.

And again, the teeth-gnashing that Wojo's treatment of Wally would kill Wojo's ability to recruit ended up being at best wildly overstating things and at worst total BS.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2019, 11:06:21 PM »

Another hysterically stupid set of words. 

You're in a bad place. Find a couch. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Golden

Are you up to speed with how the Hauser's feel about Wojo? Please share the good news that you obviously have to the rest of us. Rather than bashing a poster, why not add evidence proving him incorrect. Who knows, he might just be right.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2019, 09:40:59 AM »
Golden

Are you up to speed with how the Hauser's feel about Wojo? Please share the good news that you obviously have to the rest of us. Rather than bashing a poster, why not add evidence proving him incorrect. Who knows, he might just be right.

Goose

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but it was Crash who made the claim -- offering zero evidence -- that the Hausers don't like Wojo.

In a court of law, it would be incumbent upon the accuser to provide the evidence.

I like Crash. We have met and have had some good conversations, both on the site and via PMs. He put the "Hausers don't like Wojo" thing out there. It's not up to me, Golden, you or anybody else to prove that the Hausers DO like Wojo (or at least don't dislike him).

Again, the Hausers had a ton of time to decide if Wojo was the right coach for Joey, and a zillion options if they decided otherwise. I'm guessing every single school in the country would have found room for Sam and Joey after Sam's freshman season.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2019, 09:43:10 AM »

Is it because he demanded they keep making Hausers to send to Marquette?

I guess I am a little confused what the beef would be outside of "they have to play with Markus" or something.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2019, 10:07:08 AM »
Golden

The idea that anyone on Scoop knows how the Hausers feel about Wojo is beyond asinine.
Self-important, wannabe message insiders are a scourge.
We laugh - correctly - at the VaTech goofs tracking flights to Gary, but somehow take seriously people who think they know the inner thoughts of the Hauser family or private conversations between Shaka Smart and his wife.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
Pakuni

You might be right, but Golden strongly stated Jon was wrong. If he know that as a fact, then share something to prove his point.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:22:22 AM by Goose »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2019, 10:20:42 AM »
When Allie was a boy, Al beat Allie bloody every day. During one especially horrific 3-week stretch, Al locked up Allie in the basement, giving him only a scrap of bread and 3 ounces of water every day. During that stretch, the only time Allie got to leave the basement was to receive his daily beating.

There. It needed to be said, and I said it. As the accuser, there is absolutely no burden of proof on me.

It is up to those who think Al really did not do that to Allie to prove what I said was untrue.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2019, 10:30:38 AM »

I think that the Hauser's may have a gripe with Wojo is a far cry from your analogy. Crash seems quite confident in his posting and it might not be far fetched as one may believe. I am seriously interested if Golden can provide insight to prove Crash as being wrong. My guess, Golden has little to add to the discussion.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:35:47 AM by Goose »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »

I think that the Hauser's may have a gripe with Wojo is a far cry from your analogy. Crash seems quite confident in his posting and it might not be far fetched as one may believe. I am seriously interested if Golden can provide insight to prove Crash as being wrong. My guess, Golden has little to add to the discussion.

And I am seriously interested if Crash has anything to demonstrate that he is right.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »
Pakuni

You might be right, but Golden strongly stated Jon was wrong. If he know that as a fact, then share something to prove his point.

And Jon strongly stated that he knows what the Hauser family thinks. Why are you not demanding he provide evidence to prove his point?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2019, 10:40:52 AM »
StillaWarrior

Fair post. That is up to him to share.

Pakuni

Maybe he has shared that evidence with me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »
Pakuni

Maybe he has shared that evidence with me.

And maybe he didn't?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »

Karma, aina? Wuzant it dat sum folks didant want Herro recruited 'cuz he wouldant share da rock, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"