[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103598 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2019, 06:09:50 AM »
Have you forgotten how many medical issues he had? wasn't even able to stand on the sidelines at one point. Not to mention those last four years were trending down

Nope. If he thinks he's healthy, there's no one out there who's even close. Multiple Final Fours, top NCAA seeds, & an elite recruiter. And trending down was still 70 wins in a three year span. He's also only 51. If you can bring in a guy who's a few good years from the Hall of Fame, you do it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2019, 06:13:47 AM »
So what's a actual logical list of VT coaches? I don't even think Cronin will follow Buzz.

Ryan Odom? Dawkins?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2019, 06:35:59 AM »
So what's a actual logical list of VT coaches? I don't even think Cronin will follow Buzz.

Ryan Odom? Dawkins?

Wardle.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2019, 06:51:18 AM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2019, 06:55:40 AM »
Let me correct the rumors.

A plane did go from Va to Gary. A limo transported passengers to Hammond. Wojo in Hammond too.

Will forever be known as the Frog Legs Summit.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2019, 07:02:39 AM »

Ryan Odom? Dawkins?

Kevin Willard, Wojo
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2019, 07:06:56 AM »
Let me correct the rumors.

A plane did go from Va to Gary. A limo transported passengers to Hammond. Wojo in Hammond too.

Will forever be known as the Frog Legs Summit.

I think they went here

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »
This has got to be the worst circle jerk I've seen in Scoop's history.

Some no-name blog tweets about a plane leaving Waukesha for Roanoke. Then tracks a flight from Gary to Roanoke and writes a blog post about how it's got to be wojo... Only citing its own Waukesha>Roanoke tweet as an additional source.

Sh!t, I have more integrity than that blog. VT fans, not suprisingly, and some of you are moronic.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2019, 07:11:37 AM »

Some no-name blog tweets about a plane leaving Waukesha for Roanoke. Then tracks a flight from Gary to Roanoke and writes a blog post about how it's got to be wojo... Only citing its own Waukesha>Roanoke tweet as an additional source.

Sh!t, I have more integrity than that blog. VT fans, not suprisingly, and some of you are moronic.

I'm not saying it's true at all, but did you read the thread I posted...there is an insider at their 247 board saying it's done..and I don't think his is based off any plane stuff.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2019, 07:13:01 AM »

Don’t forget this blog’s Twitter account also had less than 100 followers.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2019, 07:21:51 AM »
I'm not saying it's true at all, but did you read the thread I posted...there is an insider at their 247 board saying it's done..and I don't think his is based off any plane stuff.

I would be blown away on several levels if this turns out to be true.   Ultimately what it would say to me though is there is something wrong with the direction of MU basketball that two coaches could not tolerate and left the program.  If that is true MU Bball is in a very dark hole.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2019, 07:29:35 AM »
I would be blown away on several levels if this turns out to be true.   Ultimately what it would say to me though is there is something wrong with the direction of MU basketball that two coaches could not tolerate and left the program.  If that is true MU Bball is in a very dark hole.

I would be utterly astounded if this was true.  Completely.  It just doesn't make sense on any level.  Which means, if it happens, you're correct that there is something very, very wrong.  But it's not happening.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2019, 08:03:43 AM »
I'm astounded that the VT boards don't even have 1 or 2 pesky voices asking "Are we sure Wojo to VT is true?" or "Why are we going to pay a guy $3.5 million that's never won an NCAA game"? Very different atmosphere than our beloved MU Scoop.

That said, they are so convinced Wojo is being hired I'm beginning to think it might be possible.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »
I'm astounded that the VT boards don't even have 1 or 2 pesky voices asking "Are we sure Wojo to VT is true?" or "Why are we going to pay a guy $3.5 million that's never won an NCAA game"? Very different atmosphere than our beloved MU Scoop.

That said, they are so convinced Wojo is being hired I'm beginning to think it might be possible.

If it is he's a lying scumbag who used us to cut his chops without a huge return for us. If it's not leaving he's a loyal coach who truly wants to take us to the next level
Maigh Eo for Sam

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2019, 08:13:54 AM »

Ha, don’t get sucked into that vortex. Group mentality has firmly taken over their board. Truly astounding that no one is questioning sources. Quite the case study in confirmation bias.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1113426233973407745

MarquetteMBB retweeted The Athletic links to a few stories. One of them VERY briefly mentions Markus as one of the best players in CBB (as voted by his peers). The other has a paragraph or 2 on Wojo being one of a few coaches to make their first final 4 soon.

Feels like they wouldn't endorse this article if he was leaving.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2019, 08:16:07 AM »
Rothstein speaks, everyone settle...

“Sources: Seton Hall's Kevin Willard is expected to be a primary target to replace Buzz Williams at Virginia Tech. Hokies' AD Whit Babcock has been prepared for this departure and has had a list of potential candidates for weeks. #shbb“

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2019, 08:16:13 AM »
How many colleges have begun coach searches days before any announcement that their coach is gowne?

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2019, 08:20:20 AM »
I keep asking why Wojo would leave for VT that needs to be rebuilt (meaning go get paid to suck again) when he has his guys here now, and if everyone returns, he will have another top 10 team and unfinished business at the end of the year.

Now if Wojo's guys are bailing on MU it would make sense, but I've seen nothing on this front.

Then I remembered that Crean bolted for I4 and left behind a top 10 team.

Question, why did Crean leave when he had a loaded team returning?  Was it about Crean's belief that I4 would be a major upgrade?  (note it was not, Crean was at MU for 9 years and I4 for 9 years and his record was nearly identical.  Crean is what he is, the school doesn't change that.)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2019, 08:21:34 AM »
How many colleges have begun coach searches days before any announcement that their coach is gowne?

All of them. I promise you that there is a list of potential targets in a vault somewhere in Zilber in case Wojo gets another calling.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »

Agreed x 1000. Doesn’t seem as though many folks are considering how improbable it is to leave a supportive program and stacked class for...Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech is a weak program and that’s not in dispute—they simply benefited from having a great coach for 5 years on a layover before he decided to “upgrade.”

Don’t forget that Wojo used to field head coaching calls pretty frequently at Duke, but was waiting for the Duke job to open. After K decided he wanted to keep coaching, Wojo chose a program that he thought paralleled certain things about Duke. Virginia Tech, on the other hand, has none of those things, and was and is a plain downgrade Buzz’s decision to go there was an anamoly that depended on many factors lining up perfectly in VaTech’s favor. It’s not Indiana, it’s not Indiana.

Frankly, it’s embarrassing to even have to write this.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2019, 08:23:04 AM »
Rothstein speaks, everyone settle...

“Sources: Seton Hall's Kevin Willard is expected to be a primary target to replace Buzz Williams at Virginia Tech. Hokies' AD Whit Babcock has been prepared for this departure and has had a list of potential candidates for weeks. #shbb“

I hope SH can keep Willard.  As much as I hated that BET game, I don't want them to become Depaul 2.0.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2019, 08:28:09 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
My favorite part about the VTScoop thread is that Mark Miller posted "Why in the world would he leave for the Virginia Tech job?"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2019, 08:28:50 AM »
I hope SH can keep Willard.  As much as I hated that BET game, I don't want them to become Depaul 2.0.

Agreed. SH needs Willard so I can keep hating them.

feedback