'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103622 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
A couple of questions:
Would VT pass the Coach K sniff test?  MU did.
Wouldn't Wojo want to prove himself before possibly jumping ship?
I like Wojo, but let's see, two years of no tournaments, one year of NIT and two years of NCAA 1st round exits.

The order of operations does matter.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
Shuttleworth.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Quite a bit of smoke about Wojo to Virginia Tech last 24 hours.  Unfortunate if this true.  Starting over again is not my idea of moving forward and making progress when we are already making progress with the current staff.
While the timing is not ideal we’d have to let it play out before knowing whether this was a set back or a blessing in disguise. There are upgrades to Wojo in terms of ability to coach.
No Finish Line

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
Quite a bit of smoke about Wojo to Virginia Tech last 24 hours.  Unfortunate if this true.  Starting over again is not my idea of moving forward and making progress when we are already making progress with the current staff.

A key question is whether the smoke is white or black ?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »

You and I have different definitions of smoke
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2019, 10:42:39 AM »
Some plane registered to a VT booster flew from Gary IN to Roanoke, VA. A VT fan blog has convinced itself that the only reason that would happen is because the booster flew to Gary to pick up Wojo for an interview on VTs campus. Because if I'm a coach, I totally go with the school who makes me drive 2 to 3 hours though Chicago traffic to get to a private plane that could have picked me up 20 minutes from my house.

He was already hiding in the Michigan City, IN bunker knowing him, Markus, and Bailey were gowne.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2019, 10:43:05 AM »

But isn't all the "smoke" coming from one source ... some guy that thinks Marquette is a stone's throw from the Gary Indiana airport?

Without that, what else do we have?  It's all a circle jerk back to this post.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2019, 11:03:10 AM »
But isn't all the "smoke" coming from one source ... some guy that thinks Marquette is a stone's throw from the Gary Indiana airport?

Without that, what else do we have?  It's all a circle jerk back to this post.

No, there are other VT people(completely separate from flightaware watch), that are saying similar things. It is not all based on this.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2019, 11:06:02 AM »
I just can't imagine Wojo wanting to be known as the guy that takes the jobs  Buzz Williams doesn't want anymore.
Have some patience, FFS.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2019, 11:07:57 AM »
I just can't imagine Wojo wanting to be known as the guy that takes the jobs  Buzz Williams doesn't want anymore.
I just can’t imagine being known as the school that develops VT’s future coaches.
No Finish Line

onepost

• All American
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2019, 11:08:47 AM »
No, there are other VT people(completely separate from flightaware watch), that are saying similar things. It is not all based on this.

Are you referring to the VT blogger who called Mick Cronin "Mark Cronin" and couldn't even spell Gregg Marshall correctly?
Is that your "other VT people"?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »
Some plane registered to a VT booster flew from Gary IN to Roanoke, VA. A VT fan blog has convinced itself that the only reason that would happen is because the booster flew to Gary to pick up Wojo for an interview on VTs campus. Because if I'm a coach, I totally go with the school who makes me drive 2 to 3 hours though Chicago traffic to get to a private plane that could have picked me up 20 minutes from my house.
Thank you.  Know I get it and I'm less concerned that we lose Wojo.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
This was probably the last place I'd expect to read a reference to Jesus Christ Superstar. Scoop never fails to amaze.

Yeah, and from Nads, of all people. Only in America, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2019, 11:12:58 AM »
I just can’t imagine being known as the school that develops VT’s future coaches.

Well we're already the school that develops Iowa states future players may as well extend that to coaches too
Maigh Eo for Sam

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2019, 11:27:39 AM »
You and I have different definitions of smoke

Correct. There’s literally no smoke other than some guy going off the rails tracking flights across the midwest. And the VT fans are playing a game of telephone and somehow coming to the conclusion that Wojo to VT is a #donedeal

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »

I've been following this more closely than I care to admit, and there seems to be no smoke that does not originate with the SportsWar flight tracker guy.  Almost every new article or tweet points back to this rumor.  There have been mentions that, should Buzz leave, Wojo is on a list of coaches they are or could be interested in, but those have mostly died down since Saturday.  The really interesting thing is that there is no tracking of Buzz's movements.  Wouldn't that be the best way to show that your coach is leaving?

One thing I am curious about is Wojo's suspension of his twitter account.  I have assumed that it is because of all of the vitriol fans were tweeting at him regarding the end of season/NCAA losses.  I wouldn't want to read that crap either.  But maybe he is looking.  We'll know when we know.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
Wojo was in Milwaukee filming Inside Marquette Basketball yesterday. Can't believe people there is anything to these rumors.

The Markus rumors on the other hand...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »
Wojo was in Milwaukee filming Inside Marquette Basketball yesterday. Can't believe people there is anything to these rumors.

The Markus rumors on the other hand...

You do realize him filming that means nothing right?? I mean until you are officially announced somewhere else, you are still the Coach at your current institution and have the same obligations as you have always had.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »
You do realize him filming that means nothing right?? I mean until you are officially announced somewhere else, you are still the Coach at your current institution and have the same obligations as you have always had.

1. Not true. If MU knew he was leaving he wouldn't be filming anything. Nor should he.

2. My main point is he was in Milwaukee. Not anywhere else. Which disproves all of the "flight tracka" stuff.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »
1. Not true. If MU knew he was leaving he wouldn't be filming anything. Nor should he.

2. My main point is he was in Milwaukee. Not anywhere else. Which disproves all of the "flight tracka" stuff.

He easily could've hopped on the flight back to milwaukee after the flight to gary dropped off his family. I mean come on that's only logical
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »

No one knows he's leaving.  Buzz hasn't even signed his A&M deal yet.  Really it doesn't indicate anything.

And as for #2, coaches don't really travel to interview for jobs like the rest of us schlubs.  They don't even step foot on campus until something is announced.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »

No one knows he's leaving.  Buzz hasn't even signed his A&M deal yet.  Really it doesn't indicate anything.

And as for #2, coaches don't really travel to interview for jobs like the rest of us schlubs.  They don't even step foot on campus until something is announced.

No one knows he's leaving? Do you think Wojo is the type of guy to keep MU in the dark?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
I feel like it’s more likely a GE Healthcare person using that plane rather than Wojo.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2019, 12:09:28 PM »
No one knows he's leaving? Do you think Wojo is the type of guy to keep MU in the dark?

They taped the show yesterday. Buzz is still at VT. Wojo might be having preliminary conversations at most. None of that prevents him from doing his job here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Well,  Marquette is in Michigan, which is close to Gary

feedback