[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103595 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2019, 10:06:05 PM »
I hear voices in my head all the time to Ziggy, no one wants to know what mine say.  :P

we all know what your voices say...it's the mouth vomit that you type out after every poor game.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2019, 10:07:07 PM »
The idea that someone flying from Waukesha to Roanoke and someone else flying from Waukesha to Gary, Indiana is somehow strong evidence Wojo is taking the job is pretty funny.

Our next coach will be named Gary.

Book it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: VT fans think that Wojo is going to VT
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2019, 10:09:43 PM »
Jesus.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:20:32 AM by ZiggysFryBoy »

marquette20

• Starter
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
Not trying to play into this at all but Markus and Brendan were in Michigan City, Indiana this weekend. Not quite sure why and if anyone else was there.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »
See this entire thread, including the tweet with all the machinations about flights to Gary Indiana and how that means Wojo is in Blacksburg tonight.

Does this make any sense to you?

https://techlunchpail.com/2019/04/01/rumors-flight-patterns-pointing-buzz-williams-steve-wojciechowski-virginia-tech/
While there is nothing that can be confirmed at this time, the smoke continues to point towards Buzz Williams leaving Virginia Tech for Texas A&M while all of these flights seem unlikely to just be coincidental and point heavily towards Marquette’s Steve Wojciechowski as the leading candidate to replace Williams if he does leave for Texas A&M as expected.

And you thought Wojo deactivated his Twitter account to avoid the anger at losing to Murray State.  You think small!

@MattHetrick
Heard Virginia Tech is looking at Wojo as a possible head coach since it looks like Buzz is headed to Texas A&M... and wouldn’t you know his Twitter seems to have been deactivated. Very interesting indeed. (@steve_wojo)

Wait WHAT? I have not heard about this at all!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
Wojo.

Grassy knoll.

Nuff said.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
Not trying to play into this at all but Markus and Brendan were in Michigan City, Indiana this weekend. Not quite sure why and if anyone else was there.

Meet up with Morty at the Blue Chip?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »
Wojo.

Grassy knoll.

Nuff said.

MU82..i really do think you're a good guy and for your sake I hope Wojo doesn't leave..I think you'd be truly devastated and I'd hate to see that.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »
really need to start a new thread?  really?

It's what he does.  Start new thread, create clickbate name that sometimes relates to the subject of the thread and sometimes doesn't, and copy and paste an article, usually not actually siting the source.

And then makes a namechange when people realize (by post #2) who it is and that his name simply changed.

That's where people affiliated with Marquette basketball go to ask Marquette for their release.  Call it the exit bunker.  Wojo, Brendan, and Markus all flying down to Blacksburg to visit their next home.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:49:38 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2019, 10:50:20 PM »
MU82..i really do think you're a good guy and for your sake I hope Wojo doesn't leave..I think you'd be truly devastated and I'd hate to see that.

I'd only be devastated if we replaced him with some clown who spent the previous 4 years at a National Christian Conference school, a D2 school and a mid-major.

But thanks. I am a good guy!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2019, 11:01:54 PM »
Again, I would assert the best evidence that Wojo is not going anywhere is to ask why would someone want him?  His accomplishments as a coach are a dime a dozen out there.   Not exactly a hot coaching hire.   I would be surprised if anyone is interested at this juncture.

Because non-MU fans aren't so emotional about how the season ended and realize he has this program in a far better place than where it was when he took over.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2019, 11:04:17 PM »
TAMU

I really have been trying hard to find any info that might indicate this is a real story and completely striking out. One person I checked with today, actually laughed when I asked about the rumor.

This would be the biggest secret in MU ball history if he is a real candidate. I do not believe Wojo is viable candidate for any other job than MU at this point of his career.

You've made this perfectly clear.  If Wojo is listed as a potential coach a school would look at you write it off as a dumb journalist who doesn't know anything.  Until Wojo accepts another job you will stand by "Wojo sucks and nobody would ever want him."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2019, 11:07:40 PM »
I would applaud the administration for not handing Wojo an extension simply out of fear of losing him. What has he done thats deserving of having his contract extended beyond 2022? I’m not hoping he leaves, but the administration shouldn’t be making decisions out of fear.

Improved the program every year he's been to, up to a 5 seed and 2nd in the conference this season.  If his program continues again next year, that's pretty dang good.

SlowJoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »
Michigan City is Buddy Jaffee's hometown

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2019, 07:23:43 AM »
Jesus.
Wait. You want Jesus as the next coach? That’s a NCAA violation waiting to happen with all that handing over wine from water and endless bread and fish and such. Plus I see a real problem with a player and potential betrayal.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2019, 07:47:41 AM »
Wait. You want Jesus as the next coach? That’s a NCAA violation waiting to happen with all that handing over wine from water and endless bread and fish and such. Plus I see a real problem with a player and potential betrayal.

guru would be pissed with the turning the other cheek crap.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »
guru would be pissed with the turning the other cheek crap.

But the crucifiction thing could be appealing.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »
But the crucifiction thing could be appealing.

Until he shows up three days later
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »
Maybe he could get his players to Passover the top to the post.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »
Getting nailed to the bench just got a whole lot more serious.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »
Once a year the team will get together to practice slapping five until their hands hurt.  It will be known as Palm Sunday.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2019, 08:31:13 AM »
Cannot wait until we rise next year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2019, 08:37:52 AM »

He does have a proven NBA pedigree...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theonion.com/christ-returns-to-nba-1819563859/amp
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.